Forums

Help › Forums

Best WGT Player of all Time!

Fri, Apr 12 2024 1:42 PM (1,957 replies)
  • HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Tue, Mar 30 2021 7:53 AM

WOW.  Its nice to see that "my" thread is being used so much.  Much appreciated folks.  I love you'll. 

• craigswan
    30,973 Posts
    Tue, Mar 30 2021 10:13 AM

My son went to private hospital in saudi arabia where he works complaining of blood in his stool and feeling tired .

Within days he had an endoscopy and an Colonoscopy and whipped straight into theatre to have 9 polyps removed .

Cured i hope .

A new noninvasive alternative to colonoscopies is as easy as swallowing a pill is now available for his annual check up .

The patient ingests a capsule containing two miniature cameras on either end. As the capsule travels through the digestive tract, it captures images and wirelessly transmits them to a recorder the patient wears on a belt..

So this thread and being wound up is very low on my worry list .

Did i copy and paste this i ask ..

deez nuts GIF

• craigswan
    30,973 Posts
    Tue, Mar 30 2021 10:18 AM

Top 30 Plagiarism GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

Is that how you get awarded a degree now these days .

• craigswan
    30,973 Posts
    Tue, Mar 30 2021 10:24 AM

How is that new covid job coming along henry .

Stickers – Signal Support

• craigswan
    30,973 Posts
    Tue, Mar 30 2021 11:14 AM

It's probably fair to say that people are easily manipulated by the internet. It's become expected. However, sometimes people take the right, royal piss.

One thing that Joe Public always seem to fall for, but are also exceptionally impressed by, is "magic tricks", either filmed, or just in meme format. It might be one of those "think of a number, add it to how many terrordactyls are in your garden right now, then divide it by a Ford Cortina and boil an egg. Is your number 217?

The tricks always follow the same formula, designed to melt the mind of even the cleverest of eight-year-old, but one such ruse in a really simple form is getting the better of people .

It is  a disease-ridden meme format that died in 2012, 

*try this* Your age + The year you were born = 2017."

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Mar 30 2021 12:38 PM

craigswan:
    *try this* Your age + The year you were born = 2017."

It doesn't work, you need to update to whatever year you are using it in (surely also depends if you've had your birthday that year).

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Tue, Mar 30 2021 2:18 PM

craigswan:

Word of the Day: MENTIONITIS - the tendency to repeatedly mention the name of a person you’re infatuated with, regardless of their relevance to the topic of conversation..

Henry perhaps .

i plead guilty michael cohen GIF

Let's see...Henry is the OP and the thread title is "best wgt player of all time". How could his name come up outside of infatuation?...good call Craig..

As an aside, did you notice I used quotation marks?...solves the plagiarism arrows pointed your way.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Mar 30 2021 3:31 PM

craigswan:

My son went to private hospital in saudi arabia where he works complaining of blood in his stool and feeling tired .

Within days he had an endoscopy and an Colonoscopy and whipped straight into theatre to have 9 polyps removed .

Cured i hope .

A new noninvasive alternative to colonoscopies is as easy as swallowing a pill is now available for his annual check up .

The patient ingests a capsule containing two miniature cameras on either end. As the capsule travels through the digestive tract, it captures images and wirelessly transmits them to a recorder the patient wears on a belt..

So this thread and being wound up is very low on my worry list .

Did i copy and paste this i ask ..

Craig I agree with you that it was daft for anyone to think you were writing all you post, this didn't start out as some big expose I really did think that (whole) article in the Irish Times was interesting. 

I think it's fairly obvious where you've copied as newspapers etc generally all write the same way and the rest of us don't.  For example, and in answer to your question above; you wrote down to "cured I hope", copied the next two paragraphs and finished it yourself.

I hope your Son is, and stays, well.

• craigswan
    30,973 Posts
    Wed, Mar 31 2021 2:02 AM

It's all good dodgy .

• craigswan
    30,973 Posts
    Wed, Mar 31 2021 3:32 AM

Henry Help .

I need advice .

Since launcher started my putting is all to hell .

Tried a scotty cameron and odyssey but i am back to my starter .

Think i will try hitting the ding .

Some quotes from the stars might be the way to go .

There is no 'right' way to putt any more than there is a 'wrong' way to putt. But there are smart and dumb ways to putt..

Bad putting stems from thinking 'How' instead of 'Where'..

Don't examine the line to the hole from both ends. It only confuses you. You see so many possible lines that you will end up by choosing the wrong one..

Don't let your attention wander when your opponent is putting first. You will get valuable information as to the pace and slope of the green from watching the course of your opponent's ball..

Every putt should be hit as if it were a straight putt. The ball will break according to the pace of the putt and the contours of the green..

It is preferable to leave oneself an uphill putt because then, the ball has to be struck with power and only the line needs judgement. Downhill or sidehill brings force and borrow into a delicate manoeuvre..

It is virtually impossible to make a confident stroke if you don't feel that you have control over your distance..

I think the only time that it is of any use to pick out a spot on the green over which to roll the ball, is when one is making short putts. If the player will locate a spot on the line about halfway between the ball and the hole and hit for that, forgetting that his putt may turn off, he will putt infinitely better. .

I treat a 100-foot putt the same way I treat a 3-foot putt. I choose a target where I want to start the ball, usually a little spot on the grass and hit it towards that target..

Just see your break line, walk up to the ball and put a good roll on it. Don't putt to sink it, putt to make a good stroke..

Mechanics are about 10% of putting - feel is 90%. But good mechanics lead to good feel..

More three-putts are caused by pace control than poor alignment, so in order to control the pace of the golf ball, it is vital that the ball must come consistently out of the sweet spot of the putter face..

Putt Reading starts with the hole's location. At every location on the surface of the green, there is a separate 'local' fall line. The fall line crosses the lip of the hole thru its highest point and thru its lowest point..

The basic elements of putting – aim, setup, routine, visualisation, solid contact, pendulum-like stroke – all carry over into the full swing..

Too much looking from the ball to the hole, back and forth, simply tires the eye and is liable to engender doubt. One's first impressions are usually correct ..

The control of speed, or weight, is the vital factor in judging the amount of break the ball will take..

golf STICKER

RSS