Forums

Help › Forums

Putting Tip: Distance Control

Mon, Jan 2 2023 5:14 PM (1,173 replies)
  • dryspot
    690 Posts
    Wed, Nov 13 2013 1:06 PM

Sounds like a lot of work but it would be worth it.

Im ok with the distance its the break that get's me.

Knowing how much 2 move the marker or how much 2 miss the ding.

I miss a lot of putts especially on fast moving dots.

but that what happens when ya have 2 guess at it.

Dryspot

• ithurtswnipee
    891 Posts
    Wed, Nov 13 2013 2:40 PM

I find if i am 15 or more away dryspot & the dots r moving really fast, i usually aim 2 boxes =4 feet into the break. if they are moving  fast normal, if u could say ,,,i aim1 box from 15 or more away, slow dots = 1/2 a box. Any thing closer & you r shooting in an arc. when that happens try the reverse camera shot and move the arrow where u think the middle of the arc is or where the fastest dots are. then use the lenght adjustment. The arrow will be 7 or so feet before the pin,, not just off the side then you hit to the arrow and let it arc back towards the flag. If you hit it your a hero. If you come with 1-2 feet be happy your not 4 or 5 feet away lol.

• Rokokoko
    1 Posts
    Wed, Nov 27 2013 4:01 PM

Without considering other factor, as a matter of courtesy, at which distance should a putt be "given" to another player?

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Wed, Nov 27 2013 9:08 PM

Give no putts of any length on hole #15 at Bethpage when the pin is on the lower tier.  Unless, of course, it's a putt for a loss.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Wed, Nov 27 2013 10:27 PM

Rokokoko:

Without considering other factor, as a matter of courtesy, at which distance should a putt be "given" to another player?

Anything under 3ft is what I do.     Except for a few holes... like Beth #15 as D said above, maybe St.A #2.  I also won't give a putt if your putting for the match... unless your on the edge of hole.

Now saying that....  I missed a 1.6ft putt the other day... ball went sideways instead of straight.

-Roger

• blitz81
    6,870 Posts
    Mon, Dec 9 2013 6:11 AM

What's the distance between 2 lines on 3 click swing meter?or how many lines equal a foot(or a yard?My putting sucks...Any help is greatly appreciated..Thanks.Messages in my message box it's ok also..ty.

• bigdaddie1
    2,694 Posts
    Tue, Dec 10 2013 8:20 AM

blitz81:

What's the distance between 2 lines on 3 click swing meter?or how many lines equal a foot(or a yard?My putting sucks...Any help is greatly appreciated..Thanks.Messages in my message box it's ok also..ty.

Grid squares are all 2foot by 2 foot. Hence, 5 grids equal 10 feet.

• blitz81
    6,870 Posts
    Tue, Dec 10 2013 2:46 PM

Thanks,Bigdaddie1,but i'm talking about the power bar in the new 3click swing meter..I know the grid square..I hope you understand what i'm talking about..

• jLux70
    4 Posts
    Fri, Dec 13 2013 5:26 AM

very nice information tips. it will be a very nice putt on green.

thank you niviac.

• ScottHope
    10,078 Posts
    Fri, Dec 13 2013 2:56 PM

blitz81:
    Thanks,Bigdaddie1,but i'm talking about the power bar in the new 3click swing meter..I know the grid square..I hope you understand what i'm talking about..

Which lines are you referring to blitz...

...or do you mean the lines on the putter pal?

RSS