Putting Tip: Distance Control

Mon, Jan 2 2023 5:14 PM (1,173 replies)
  • ScottHope
    10,012 Posts
    Fri, May 10 2013 11:10 AM

• joshirulz
    1 Posts
    Fri, May 24 2013 6:07 AM

Why when i go to putt,the slopes go everywhere sloped massively, it stupid, how do i fix it

• ScottHope
    10,012 Posts
    Fri, May 24 2013 10:13 AM

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, May 24 2013 12:12 PM

joshirulz:

Why when i go to putt,the slopes go everywhere sloped massively, it stupid, how do i fix it

There a cache situation that causes really wild green grids. Clearing it should fix the problem.

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Fri, May 24 2013 2:08 PM

YankeeJim:

joshirulz:

There a cache situation that causes really wild green grids. Clearing it should fix the problem.

I'm not sure that's it. Jim. He has only played 2 ranked rounds. One a full 18 @ Kiawah Island and back 9 hardest holes. Neither one of those have very many putts that don't have what he might consider massive slopes. 

• dryspot
    690 Posts
    Fri, May 24 2013 3:14 PM

I dont know what it is but i have played Kiawah and the dots are moving

in all directions. Almost  impossible 2 make a birdy and why is it like that

especially on courses like oakmont and olympic.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, May 24 2013 9:43 PM

dryspot:

I dont know what it is but i have played Kiawah and the dots are moving

in all directions. Almost  impossible 2 make a birdy and why is it like that

especially on courses like oakmont and olympic.

This is what I do....

Go into reverse view... this gives you a better look at what the line is.

If you have a straight pic to the hole... the ball will sit on one side of the grid line that is going to the hole.....  look at what the dots are doing on the side where the ball is sitting.... this is the line.    If it's a snake, then hit it straight.

Watch what the dots are doing in each square in relation to grid line going towards flag.....  if you see the dots moving towards each other either side of that line... then it's a straight putt.

As I said..watch what the dots in each square are doing... you might see 3 squares moving left and 5 squares moving right.... then the ball will travel left at the start then change and move right towards the hole...so it's a slight left to right putt

This is in Reverse View.... if your a miss the ding Putter... change back to normal view to putt.

If you have an angle pic to hole in reverse view... that's a bit harder to explain...lol

A bit long winded... but with practice this only takes a few seconds to putt.

Good Luck.... just some basic Info.

-Roger

• DBattag
    1 Posts
    Thu, May 30 2013 6:08 PM

It would be nice if there was a Putting range so one could practice without having to play a whole game.  Do you think WGT would ever do that?

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Jun 1 2013 6:48 PM

DBattag:

It would be nice if there was a Putting range so one could practice without having to play a whole game.  Do you think WGT would ever do that?

Play one of the free unlimited putting comps if there is one around....   great practice to hit the putts on various holes....  if you miss your first putt... just hit the putt back to where it came and repeat process. 

Same on Practice games....  do the same thing... hit putt... hit putt back and repeat process.... don't forget to take notes... I think your allowed 10 shots a hole and it doesn't affect your average.... just make sure you make greens in regulation for more putts on the greens.

-Roger

• JStanfield2
    1 Posts
    Sat, Jun 1 2013 10:26 PM

Whatever dude, I'll try this I guess, I'm a golf professional and the putting sim's on this game suck!!

RSS