Help › Forums

WGT National Enquirer Comic Contest for August

Wed, Dec 7 2022 11:55 AM (30 replies)
  • andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sun, Jul 24 2011 2:54 PM

One more time!

Your chance to contribute to the August WGT National Enquirer

The Enquirer Las Vegas sources tell us that WGT whisked the top 5 players to a local resort this spring for an Elite 5 Championship.  No word when the video will be available.

As the WGT lawyer droned on and on about the competition T&C, and Mr. WGT and his personal assistant looked on, our players quickly became bored as shown in the cell phone photo below.

What did they talk about?

Not wanting to clutter the photo with bubbles yet, you are allowed only one bubble per person in the photo (Lawyer excluded) and you need not have a bubble for all persons in the photo.

The best entries will be featured on the cover of the next Enquirer.

The deadline for submissions is Sunday July 31st at 11:59:59 PM Pacific Daylight Time.

Entries will be judged on originality, relevancy, and humor.  Multiple entries are allowed. Campaigning is allowed.  The only thing not allowed really is changing the photo below.

Decision of the judge, me,  is final mostly. And I reserve editorial right to modify your entry to fit the bubbles, etc.

Let's see 'em people!

As always, click on the image for a larger picture.

Example:

AvatarLee: Where's the waitress eh? My beer's warm.

Jake: I'm hungry. Can someone loan me a 20?  I lost four hundred at the craps table last night.

Bollox:  Sure Jake, after you gift me 10 sleeves of Callaways!

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Sun, Jul 24 2011 6:13 PM

Jake (thinking) ... wish Priestess was in front of me so I could look at her butt. 

Mrenn (thinking) ... wish Priestess was in front of me so I could look at her butt.

Bollox (thinking ... wish Priestess was in front of me so I could look at her butt.

Priestess (thinking) ... nice butt's boys.

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Sun, Jul 24 2011 6:14 PM

Leader (by the blackboard).   "Will the first annual meeting of the Deviation's "A" team please come to order.

Priestess ... "Chit .. I'm in the wrong room" !!!

:)

• Yappy22
    733 Posts
    Sun, Jul 24 2011 6:14 PM

AvaterLee; Ask Strage Magic to put the beans on  it's going to be a long night.

Bollox: Get Yancy over here I wore out my dangle meter.

mrenn: Wait...wait.. call Wgt I can't log on.

Jake: Whata ya mean I can't buy a new putter.

Priestess: Ask Lizzie to write me  poem to get me in the mood me whip these jack-a-naps.

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Sun, Jul 24 2011 6:32 PM

Jake ... Excuse me .. What time does the seminar on Shaky Meters start ???

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Sun, Jul 24 2011 6:36 PM

p: take my picture again ill take that camera away starting at your eye ball

a: will i be able to play while im running the iditrod, the meter might work better if my lappy is cold

b: how can i concetrate when im watching this great show

m: should i go all in on a pair of deuces?

j: ill gift you some callaways if you sign the damn cba,

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Mon, Jul 25 2011 2:07 AM

Top 5 Tactics

All thinking

AvatarLee: Oh God, Priestess is eye'ing me up. How am i going to play with a dodgy meter, and my nerves shredded from this sexy lady checking me out?

Priestess: He He, thats AvatarLee psyched out, he wont win. Now to move onto Jake and the rest of them.

Jake: He He, Avatar is sweating. Now if i can just get the correct Fantasy screen up, that will Psyche Priestess out.

Bollox:  I just need  to reach down left here, and yank Mrenn's power cable out.

Mrenn: I know they are up to something, stay cool, pretend they are not here.

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Mon, Jul 25 2011 6:23 AM

P: So tell me Avatar, which 1 should i go for? The black, blue or pink number?

A: (Thinking) Dont rise to the bait, Concentrate, Dog sleds,  Dog sleds, Black sleds, Pink stockings. DANG............ she's good.

J: HEY, Priestess. I got you in my Fantasy team. Want to play around?

M: (Whispering) Hey Bollox, Help me out man. I have all clubs here, but i cant see backspin on any of them. Should i fold?

B: (Whispering) Cant help you Mrenn, Mr WGT is staring right at me, and so is his Daughter. Or is she his Wife? I wonder how many credits did she cost?

• sixkiller
    1,147 Posts
    Mon, Jul 25 2011 7:20 AM

All 5 players thinking.........

AvLee: Wish Priestess would take off the hoodie........

Jake: How in the hell do they expect me to play with a good computer?

Bollox: HeHe, a 5 player final table? They are dead meat!

Mrenn: WHAT? No Southern Comfort at the bar? I'm doomed!

Priestess: Hmmmm, if I take off the Hoodie and show some skin, I can destroy these male chauvinist pigs!

• StrangeMagic
    1,304 Posts
    Mon, Jul 25 2011 7:29 AM

Bollox:  I'm a blowfish Yo !  I'm gonna start cookin and break these posers bad !

AvatarLee: No doot aboot it, eh? I'm gonna beat these hoser's then get a tuque with a toonie and nab a double-double and chill out, or kick back with a brewski and buffalo wings for some R'n'R, eh? These hoser's don't know I put maple syrup on their mouse, eh?

Jake: I'm 6' 7" and a black belt and I just got metered. I'm gonna knock Bollies hat off and take away Lee's beer. And tell Priestess that Mrenn's got the hots for her. Damn meter!

mrenn: I'm gonna ask Priestess to go to the Drive-In, then I'm gonna tell Jake that the Dolphins suck, then I'll put Ex-Lax in Lee's brewski. Who is the hottie with MrWGT?

Priestess: I've got all their room keys, I'm going to give Jake's to Lee, Lee's to mrenn and mrenn's to MrWGT with a note to come up to my room for a night-cap with a lipstick kiss on the note.

MrWGT: Don't worry baby, I'll just dial up the VEM and they'll be so busy they won't see us sneak up to our penthouse suite.

RSS