Forums

Help › Forums

A Gnat On My Screen!!!

Tue, Oct 30 2018 6:08 PM (36 replies)
  • garypinhunter
    1,049 Posts
    Sat, Oct 27 2018 8:34 AM

It is Saturday morning, a time to enjoy a few rounds at WGT.  I was playing at St Andrew's the back nine hole 3 when it happens. Hit a good drive and thought "What is that a bird on the fairway?".  How did WGT do that?

As I looked closer I realized it was a Gnat on my screen, not a bird on the fairway.

Quickly blow it away with bad morning coffee breath.  It did not like that.  Hit my approach shot and now it is on the green, looks like it is following my ball.  This Gnat is a pest I thought to myself.

Waved it away with my hand, ouch my fingers hit the screen, and with my putting hand to boot. Got settled down ready to putt. Reached over to take a sip of my Tasters  Choice, when to my surprise that Gnat is doing the backstroke in my coffee. 

Fished it out with my finger, and thought okay now I am ready to putt.  Low and behold there is another Gnat on my screen.  Ugh, I muttered.    Where are these Gnat's coming from I thought?  I looked around and saw a ripe brown banana across the table swarming with 8-10 Gnat's.

Tossed the pesky fruit away, and then sat down to finish my putt.  And yes I four-putted because of a silly Gnat on my screen.  Got up to toast a brown sugar cinnamon pop tart and started a new round, Gnat free.

• gonfission
    2,229 Posts
    Sat, Oct 27 2018 9:07 AM

Plot twist

SPOILER ALERT!!!

They were fruit flies

Still, a most entertaining story. Well done, however, you forgot to tell us about the outcome of the Gnat free cinnamon pop tart experience

I despise cliff hanger endings

☢----------------<*{{{{{-(

• Ladychipper
    22,678 Posts
    Sat, Oct 27 2018 9:10 AM

LOL!  Yes those gnats can be very annoying for sure. 

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Sat, Oct 27 2018 9:15 AM

Now that's gnat funny!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Oct 27 2018 9:25 AM

But it's a gnatural reaction.  :-O

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Sat, Oct 27 2018 11:08 AM

Be thankful it wasn't a gnu, 'cuz no gnus is good news, gnome sayin ?

Doc :)

• whooshdangit
    1,246 Posts
    Sat, Oct 27 2018 11:22 AM

garypinhunter:

Where are these Gnat's coming from I thought?  I looked around and saw a ripe brown banana across the table swarming with 8-10 Gnat's.

As the old saying goes Gary

Quite possibly a SWAT  team might have helped.

garypinhunter:

Got up to toast a brown sugar cinnamon pop tart and started a new round, Gnat free.

Yikes!   Be careful Gary.  I think it was something similar that fired a blast of hot cheese up Yancy's nostril.

Cheers!

Rich

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Oct 27 2018 1:27 PM

drmoose:

Be thankful it wasn't a gnu, 'cuz no gnus is good news, gnome sayin ?

Doc :)

The way I heard it,  Mama gnu, Papa gnu and Baby gnu were on a walk and fell off a cliff.

That's the end of the gnus, Sport and Weather next.  :-D

• craigswan
    30,953 Posts
    Sat, Oct 27 2018 1:53 PM

X, X Everywhere Meme | GNATS GNATS EVERYWHERE | image tagged in memes,x, x everywhere,x x everywhere | made w/ Imgflip meme maker

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Sat, Oct 27 2018 2:24 PM

When Gary started his gnu gnat thread, I bet he never thought this would happen.  : )

RSS