Forums

Help › Forums

Golf with Mr Caddie fall 2018

Fri, May 5 2023 7:21 PM (22 replies)
  • conveyorguy
    776 Posts
    Fri, Oct 26 2018 5:41 PM
    Sunday 10/28 at Richmond CC in Rhode Island w/ Wayne, Joe, and Erik...can't wait. Pics to follow !
  • conveyorguy
    776 Posts
    Fri, Oct 26 2018 9:48 PM

bump

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Sat, Oct 27 2018 5:06 AM

Say " Hello " to the fellers for me, it was a distinct pleasure to meet up with Wayne & Erik in Oneonta earlier this year. Rumor has it you're in fer a great time.

Doc :)

• gonfission
    2,229 Posts
    Sat, Oct 27 2018 5:13 AM

Nor'easter blowing in today. I have a funny feeling we're going to look the minister in Caddy Shack, in the pouring rain. Wayne says to bring rain gear.

Phhhht, I was born in my rain gear, and I'll be sporting the exact same set, if it decides to challenge me

Wayne's has NO IDEA what he's gotten himself into, this year.

Mike (conveyorguy) has braved 2 outings with me already. In my book, surviving the first, makes him fearless. Coming back for seconds, I question his faculties.

A third time, WOW, now that sounds a lot like Einstein's explanation of insanity.

We'll see tomorrow

☢------------------<*{{{{{-(

• conveyorguy
    776 Posts
    Sat, Oct 27 2018 1:21 PM

Will do Doc...Played a cpl rounds w/Gonefission already...fun stuff indeed !

• conveyorguy
    776 Posts
    Sun, Oct 28 2018 4:01 PM

Well we made it...a beautiful day 

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Sun, Oct 28 2018 5:29 PM

Thank you . 

OPY 

• conveyorguy
    776 Posts
    Tue, Oct 30 2018 5:35 PM

waiting on Joe to post some pics....

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Fri, Nov 2 2018 10:19 PM

conveyorguy:
    waiting on Joe to post some pics....

Sorry Mike, that's never going to happen because Joe doesn't know how to post pics (LOL) so I thought I'd jump on and post two photos.

First let me say that like playing with Lou and David at Bethpage and meeting YankeeJim and drmoose in Cooperstown...Erik (eingmund) and I (up to a certain point, more later) had a great time meeting up with conveyorguy (Mike) and gonfission (Joe) on Monday of this week and playing golf IRL.

We played at Richmond CC in Richmond, RI. It's a beautiful course set in the middle of a pine forest and although it rained the night before and into the morning the grounds crew were there first thing in the morning using leaf blowers to dry out the greens and we were really appreciative of that.

Erik and I had a great time with these guys, they are funny as hell and good golfers. On the front nine we were having so much fun, there was laughter all around. The back nine was a little different.

On about the 11th or 12th hole ( I can't remember) I experienced the most freakish accident any of us have ever heard of in golf to myself (other than getting dragged into a pond by an alligator). My fellow players have been sworn to secrecy not to disclose what happened so don't ask (because I know where they live)...let's just say that's going to cost me between $3000 and $10,000 to fix what happened to me, so basically it was the most expensive round of golf I've ever played.

I quit playing after this accident and thought the guys would be bummed that I dropped out of the game but they were real troopers. Erik, Joe and Mike completely understood how I felt (completely embarrassed)  and were totally cool with me just riding in the cart for the rest of the day and watching them play. Thanks guys!

With that said, I can't wait to get together with these guys again in the Spring.

Here are some pics-

L-R-- eingmund, mrcaddie, gonfission and conveyorguy

This is me with Mike's Andyson's repair tool, my Andyson's hat marker and the flag from Richmond CC-

That's it guys. I'll play golf with these guys any day of the week.

MC

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Sat, Nov 3 2018 6:17 AM

Way too cool MC ! So glad you guys were able to get together. I think of our meet up often ( kinda hard not to , as the pic from ours sits just below my monitor, alongside my B-day cake golfcart, lol ). Be well m'friends.

Doc :)

RSS