Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Ryder Cup 2018

Wed, Dec 12 2018 9:28 PM (381 replies)
  • giraldin
    3,712 Posts
    Wed, Dec 12 2018 1:30 PM

My most cordial congratulations to the winning team ROW, and congratulate all the team members of Europe, as well as the captains of both teams.

Luis

• f1dget
    4,074 Posts
    Wed, Dec 12 2018 9:28 PM

First of all..

Team ROTW Congratulations, what a fantastic result you should all be very proud of what you have just achieved. Ryder Cup Champions for 2018 and you thoroughly deserve all the applause, Well done.

When Simon asked me to Captain this team i was a little uncertain, not because of the 10 players that were given to me, but because i did not know how they would react to a little old KIWI being given the mammoth task of leading this group. I spent a lot of my time setting things up so when they came in to camp everyone new what was going on. Selecting another 5 players was my next task, i had to ensure i could rely on them and they would compliment each other well. After confirming the 15 player squad, the hard work began......

As this Ryder Cup was only 4 rounds it was imperative we get off to a flying start. These shorter type formats need to be broken down, You win them in the first two rounds, A pretty simple philosophy if you have the players to execute the game plan. My players executed everything to perfection, There loyalty and support made everything so much easier for me. A fantastic group of players to be associated with, it does sadden me this event has finished, We have become a small family away from our country clubs,.. but all good things must come to an end. Thank you for the sacrifices you have made team.

To Darren and the European team. Thank you for participating in this event. It would not have been possible without you. Your'e guys skills coupled with your moments of brilliance in the final round nearly pulled off the come back of the year.

Thank you for the sacrifices you have all made, Thank you for organising your games in a timely manner, Thank you for your sportsmanship and Thank you for being apart of this wonderful event. On behalf of the ROTW team thank you very much.

To Simon, What a great event mate, thanks very much for giving me this opportunity i really enjoyed the challenge. It was a great experience for me, You done a fantastic job coordinating things. You implemented a strong format with the best in the business going head to head. Well done on a solid, fun event.

To all the sponsors thank you for your kind nature and generosity. A big thanks to the WGT community for showing much needed support to both teams in this event. Thank you to Finny for doing the blind draws in the final 2 rounds.

OK i'm all out of thanks now.....

Have a safe and happy festive season everyone, enjoy your Christmas/New Years and keep safe.

Best regards,

Jay

RSS