Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Ryder Cup 2018

Wed, Dec 12 2018 9:28 PM (381 replies)
  • birchi
    1,492 Posts
    Sat, Nov 24 2018 6:18 AM

The match between kelsp/tanapard and fmagnets/birchi will be streamed on Sunday, 4pm CET (3pm UK/10am EST) on mags' Twitch.

• Tgkomv
    617 Posts
    Sat, Nov 24 2018 2:26 PM

Agassi1991/Ujjbnjk vs. Shankette/Tgkomv ended in a draw.

Both Peter's played very well. My putter was ice cold, except towards the end. Ro's putter was hot.

Thanks for the great match you guys!

P.S. We won the match at the first hole in overtime (but unfortunately the win doesn't count, lol). Cheers, Tom

• Shankette
    1,562 Posts
    Sat, Nov 24 2018 2:28 PM

Tgkomv & Shankette play to a draw against the Peter & Peter EU duo  :)  It was back and forth, but we held on for the tie .  Terrific match guys!

• mikegooner0
    13,841 Posts
    Sat, Nov 24 2018 4:00 PM

Agassi1991 &ujjbnjk…...I got to laugh ….this started out being a club challenge to this ….how did  that happen....hilarious....

• kelsp
    2,196 Posts
    Sun, Nov 25 2018 8:15 AM

Kelsp & Tenapard won against Birchi & Fmagnets in Olympic Alt Shot.

Thanks for the game gentlemen, pleasure to meet and play you both. Me and Tana were fortunate to win, Simon had some terrible meter issues, they made some great putts and shots.

Tana says: "we were lucky that Simon had a poor meter else we would be playing extra holes".

Good luck in the next round.

P.S. They were here online and green 2 minutes before agreed upon time. German punctuality is awesome. Appreciate it.

-KP

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Sun, Nov 25 2018 8:18 AM

Excellent game against Tanapard and Kelsp, with quick and friendly play. We were hanging on for dear life on the f9, holing lots of tricky putts to stick with them. Both out in 26, which was the best Simon and I managed in practice. Simon's meter started playing up on the b9 unfortunately, and we couldn't stop leaking holes. But it may not have mattered anyway, as the oppo continued with their top quality play, birdieing every b9 hole mostly with tap ins. Thanks very much to all for an enjoyable game, and well played ROTW.

ROTW win 4&2, and here's the match vid.

• ujjbnjk
    2,124 Posts
    Sun, Nov 25 2018 12:14 PM

mikegooner0:

Agassi1991 &ujjbnjk…...I got to laugh ….this started out being a club challenge to this ….how did  that happen....hilarious....

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sun, Nov 25 2018 1:55 PM

ujjbnjk:

mikegooner0:

I think he's confusing this with the Alt Shot World Challenge, almost as pointless if he'd got the right thread.

• f1dget
    4,074 Posts
    Sun, Nov 25 2018 7:52 PM

Well done to the 4 teams who have put on a golfing clinic so far. Some very tough matches have just been played and in excellent spirits, well done guys.

• birchi
    1,492 Posts
    Mon, Nov 26 2018 4:37 AM

kelsp:

Thanks for the game gentlemen, pleasure to meet and play you both. Me and Tana were fortunate to win, Simon had some terrible meter issues, they made some great putts and shots.

Tana says: "we were lucky that Simon had a poor meter else we would be playing extra holes".

As mags already noted, you played so well that it probably would not have mattered anyway. It was mostly my fault, too. I know the problems my laptop can cause and should have tried to fix it and/or just played it safe instead of risking hitting the trees. Anyway, it was a fantastic performance from the two of you and you more than deserved the win. Good luck for the final round.

RSS