Monthly & Weekly Tournament Payout Totals Are Changing

Sun, Sep 29 2019 12:04 AM (162 replies)
  • pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Fri, Oct 26 2018 5:01 AM

WGTChampion:

EasyEdward:

WGTChampion:
    This is one of the things we do a lot of around here is try to find how someone will break or exploit something before players have a chance to. This was the main reason the CC bank never happened. 

This is the first (and therefore only) time WGT has mentioned the CC Bank since Icon promised us it was on the way four and a half years ago.

May I ask exactly how WGT thought it might be exploited? Basically for our CC at the time it was simply going to be used to pool resources to help members where obtaining free credits was virtually impossible.

Pretty easy, the CC bank would allow players to pool their credits and the owner (and other players with permission) to use the bank to fund tournaments. 

Essentially it could allow players to move credits around in ways that break our T&C, like using a bunch of multis to pool credits and have a tournament that only the main account plays in. It could also allow a player with permission to set up a single tournament and be the only one who plays in it and then leave the club with everyone's credits. 

I'm sure many of you have seen clubs that are filled with suspect players, and I'm sure that many of you have had some issue with a club member goes rogue. The CC bank would work in a world where everyone was respectful and using it properly but we all know that's not how it works.

_CHAMPION 

I can see where going “rogue” could definitely become an issue in certain CCs. There are CCs comprised of trustworthy members though. What about us? Don’t let one bad apple spoil the bunch. If some “rouge” member uses up 25 Course Builders, isn’t that something you mods can assist in rectifying by canceling all those “rogue tourneys” and returning the CBs?

I think a CC Bank would be great as some clubs would like to have a Tournament Director. Clubs might have members who’d love to sponsor tournaments but those members don’t want to spend the time setting them up, tracking them, posting updates, and then getting members to send out sleeves, clubs, etc. afterwards. A CC Bank would allow a tournament director to do all of those things. I’m sure there are other reasons for a bank that would help a club become a better, more enjoyable, and thriving club.

Couldn’t the Bank’s usage be restricted to the just the Owner & Directors? That alone would do away with any fear of a “rogue” situation from actually occurring.

Do you think policing the rogue situations would become too cumbersome as it is for identifying scammers and multis?  I mean I can see the potential issues arising and you guys at WGT going crazy, well crazier, trying to stay on top of everything.  One of those situations where all that energy would better channeled into improving the game vs. opening up another can of worms.

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Fri, Oct 26 2018 5:54 AM

I think WGT could implement the bank, and then basically say you're on your own.  i.e.  If it gets abused we won't and can't help so make sure the people you appoint as directors / have access are trustworthy and leave it at that.  

Caveat emptor!

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Fri, Oct 26 2018 6:54 AM

kavvz:

Not sure about ball purchases factoring in. 

Ball usage, not purchases. Players milking the system win way more than the cost of the balls they use to win. Genuine, average players might win a lot over time if they play a lot of credit comps, but will use a lot of balls to do so. Done like this, those that win big compared to the number of shots they hit will be tiered up quickly. Nobody else should notice anything different from the current system.

• EasyEdward
    13,495 Posts
    Fri, Oct 26 2018 7:37 AM

Regarding a CC Bank you stated:

WGTChampion:
    Essentially it could allow players to move credits around in ways that break our T&C, like using a bunch of multis to pool credits and have a tournament that only the main account plays in.

You have already given these cheaters a way to do this.  I almost reported one to you the other day but it was so obvious I figured you would catch it easily. The credit to enter CC tournaments...

This CC with 30 members was made up of all but one with the same name followed by a different number.  In one of their CC tournaments all 30 entered but 29 withdrew after paying their entry fee. 

A CC Bank adds no additional motivation for cheaters to create such a CC.

WGTChampion:
    I'm sure many of you have seen clubs that are filled with suspect players, and I'm sure that many of you have had some issue with a club member goes rogue. The CC bank would work in a world where everyone was respectful and using it properly but we all know that's not how it works.

While undoubtedly every large CC will have a suspect / rogue member at some point I would have to say the CC Owner would have to be pretty dang dumb to give access to the spending from the CC Bank to all members. Deposits Yes, spending No.

I believe if the owner was that dumb - it is their own fault and nothing that WGT should concern itself with.

WGTChampion:
    Pretty easy, the CC bank would allow players to pool their credits and the owner (and other players with permission) to use the bank to fund tournaments. 

You are thinking too limited here - how about funding a new driver for a member from India who has little access to credits as part of a Secret Santa giveaway?

In essence I think WGT is losing out on a big stimulus for credit usage.  Think about how many more credits (therefore $ to WGT). Over the years I would bet that our CC would have spent thousands more then what we have individually....

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Fri, Oct 26 2018 8:18 AM

fmagnets:

kavvz:

Not sure about ball purchases factoring in. 

Ball usage, not purchases. Players milking the system win way more than the cost of the balls they use to win. Genuine, average players might win a lot over time if they play a lot of credit comps, but will use a lot of balls to do so. Done like this, those that win big compared to the number of shots they hit will be tiered up quickly. Nobody else should notice anything different from the current system.

Makes sense, thanks for clarifying.  

You've basically done all the up front work -- just needs some implementation now.  :)

• LuckySkreet
    611 Posts
    Fri, Oct 26 2018 12:13 PM

Champ is 100% on target with this one........

I read earlier where a comment was made that it would proper for a CC owner and it's Directors  to be the ONLY ones with ability to "withdraw the CC Bank Credits"....but  "everyone" would be able to deposit......

Now lets review this philosophy......      and lets use the "Golden Calf"  as the example...    Let's say a  "generic" player is participating hard in a clash....buying their passes, exhausting their golf balls, putting in the time, and accumulating points to the cause.  Let's move forward and say this same CC wins the event.    Now, does this "generic" player have the same odds  of getting the "Golden Calf"???     Does this CC use the "Random Draw" technique of awarding such .......or does the Owner, Directors and  Club Elites come first?      I dare say.....  the answer has a demonstrated outcome....    No reason to think a CC Bank would be treated any different......

But then again, I place a high value on the opinion of a Level 193. six year tenured, TL............

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Fri, Oct 26 2018 1:14 PM

That generic player is free to start their own CC and/or move to another CC to find owners/directors who distribute bank evenly.

None of which are the concern of WGT IMO.

We run random ball drawings in our CC for anyone in our Player of the Month tourney who finishes all 4 rounds.  Would WGT care if we simply gave a sleeve to the same players over and over again?  Nope.

Would WGT ever get involved if player A never received a sleeve?  Nope.

Would WGT get involved if someone complained about not being in the draw because they completed only 3 of the 4 rounds?  Nope.

Why not?  Because it's our CC we can run it how we want.

If player A doesn't like the rules they are free to do what's been said in sentence one.

Again...WGT doesn't and shouldn't care about any of this.

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Fri, Oct 26 2018 2:04 PM

kavvz:

That generic player is free to start their own CC and/or move to another CC to find owners/directors who distribute bank evenly.

None of which are the concern of WGT IMO.

We run random ball drawings in our CC for anyone in our Player of the Month tourney who finishes all 4 rounds.  Would WGT care if we simply gave a sleeve to the same players over and over again?  Nope.

Would WGT ever get involved if player A never received a sleeve?  Nope.

Would WGT get involved if someone complained about not being in the draw because they completed only 3 of the 4 rounds?  Nope.

Why not?  Because it's our CC we can run it how we want.

If player A doesn't like the rules they are free to do what's been said in sentence one.

Again...WGT doesn't and shouldn't care about any of this.

We do care if we introduce new features that cause issues between members of our community. The social aspects of this game are very important. 

Like you said if a player never gets a sleeve from your random drawings they are free to find a club where they feel more welcome. The random drawing is completely user governed and run. I wouldn't want WGT to create a random ball drawing for CCs that makes people mad. 

I know it sounds like no one would be mad about free random ball drawings, but I've been yelled at a number of times from mobile players about the FREE daily spin for coins. 

_CHAMPION

• Williams01210021
    1,231 Posts
    Fri, Oct 26 2018 3:13 PM

You can't please everyone Champ but a bank is needed. If someone wast happy then they shouldn't be in the club, no one is forcing them to do so. One club even has a character that is their bonus account that all the owners/directors can access. The trust is there in the top clubs so let them have the option.

People will moan as everyone has different views and ideas. 

For me, my top 5 things needed to do is different than others. Here they are anyways.

1: New course. (should already be working on the next one/two after wolf creek as i think the game is about 4/5 short)

2: Mobile Head to Head needs improving. Cant select what course, cant do 18, cant do match play, cant do it without silly putt preview, its basically terrible at the moment. This needs addressing before they can even think about having pc v mobile cross over.

3: New equipment. Nothing new for the top players for a few years now. Next release of clubs should have a few different options so not everyone ends up with the same Driver at the top of the game. 

4: Improve cc rewards and benefits and add more events for clubs.

5: Better tournaments. As i have already mentioned before, Variety could be improved.

5*: Cc bank.

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Fri, Oct 26 2018 4:33 PM

Williams01210021:

You can't please everyone Champ but a bank is needed. If someone wast happy then they shouldn't be in the club, no one is forcing them to do so. 

Agreed.

On the Internet, people like to complain about people complaining.  There's no getting away from it as is evidenced by people complaining about free coins.  But one shouldn't refrain from doing things that would benefit many just because people have nothing better to do than complain.

WGTChampion:

We do care if we introduce new features that cause issues between members of our community. The social aspects of this game are very important. 

Of course.  Social aspects are extremely important and I know y'all care but whatever issues that could arise from a CC bank are already out there b/c people run banks and sleeve giveaways already.  It would just be really nice to click on a sweet "Bank" button and have the game track all that.  You could even have a public log of all deposits and expenditures for anyone in that CC.  They'd be able to see who gave what and who's getting what, and then make the determination if the CC is being fair or not.  Leave the CC if not...  Casey already outlined how that functions great in his CC.

Another thing which would be sweet is..... practice tee with zero wind.  Not low, but zero wind.  :)   Oh yeah, need to be able to stick the ball a tee or hit off the fairway.  

Anyway, thanks for listening and spending so much time interacting with us community.

Cheers!

RSS