Help › Forums

Monthly & Weekly Tournament Payout Totals Are Changing

Sun, Sep 29 2019 12:04 AM (162 replies)
  • kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Wed, Oct 24 2018 8:59 AM

birchi:

kavvz:
    Wouldn't paying more spots entice more to enter thereby not really affecting the payout very much if at all.  i.e.  Does it really matter if the payout is top 10 if 1st still gets 20K?

I don't think WGT would raise the payout amount by that much (or at all). Plus, does it really matter to the average Champion if the best 3 or 10 get rewarded with credits? There's no chance to get there either way.

Guess we'd have to disagree.  

WGT wouldn't have to raise purse if there are more entrants.

Top 3 correct no chance, but top 10 is quite a bit different IMO.  There are many Champ's that don't play in these that would given top 10.

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Wed, Oct 24 2018 9:42 AM

What does it say when a company starts to cut costs ?  It says we are not doing very good and we need to save money . I know San Francisco is a very expensive place to run a company ,  They are having trouble keeping teachers in their public schools because of the high cost of living , Teachers simply cant afford to live there because of the high cost of rent . 

Many of us have suggested ways for WGT to make more money , Always falls on deaf ears . Now they just want to cut back on tournament prizes .  This will only have a minimal effect on the bottom line , What are we talking about ?  A few thousand dollars a month . 

The Mods try and do the best they can , CS has always been good .  In my opinion upper management is where the problem lies .  And that probably is not going to change .  We are suppose to get a new course soon and that is positive, and a step in the right direction . 

I quit giving suggestions a long time ago ,  After submitting 2 pages they ask for .  The tournaments we are talking about in this thread was on that list 2 years ago .  I understand it costs money for upgrades and technical programmers ETC.  Its called investing in your company .  consider moving out of San Francisco , That will save a lot of money . 

Ok , I guess my rant is over , I really like this game and I hope it will remain operational for a long time .  Good Luck WGT .

• LuckySkreet
    611 Posts
    Wed, Oct 24 2018 10:03 AM

Well....   it's actually pretty simple.....

When one looks back throughout the months...it's fairly obvious that the upper tiers can't even fill out a single page of participants......     for example, in September the entry fees (Champion Tier) raised what......   9,000 credits and paid out over 50,000 credits......lmao, that's gotta sting.  One can also review the Tour Legend and Legend as well.....   it's almost the same.....  a handful of additional participants.....  but  pretty much the same.  Now....go look at the lower tiers....multi pages of participants....  

Obviously, the higher tiers are much more competitive, as they should be........ the odd's of winning or placing should be equally as difficult.....but with rock bottom participation the odd's  flip back to the limited elite players........ and this is where you are...

This being said......  the "elite's" should have no inclination to change a thing.....  why should they?   They are certainly deserving, have honed their skills, put in the time and dedication....   can hardly blame them.....       But, it is what it is.... it's little more than a cheap entry for a high dollar prize....

On the other side of the token you have the lower tiers.....  same entry fee, still a pretty damn good prize.......  and the participation level is 5-6 times of the upper tiers.....

You ask yourselves, why the massive drop off in participation?   Sure, the "TOP THREE" payout is  hardly an incentive to a typical player......   and, with all due respect to the "elite's" who prefer the tournament be untouched,  expanding the payout is probably warranted..... but it won't add much to the participation.....   you may get another dozen or so players.........but it still won't cover your nut....    it's still a loser dressed in a new suit.....   

The issue is the lower tiers.....   You set these folks up for failure.   These folks plop down their 200 cred's and hit the course......only to be beaten by a multi, re-start, degenerate.  People learn.....  after being scorched a few times by the scammers...they lose interest. They simply click right past those tournaments and move along......as they should.   By the time they reach a higher level, really competitive tier.....they have ZERO interest in getting ripped any longer..... as your participation level clearly shows.....

This being said....you can cut the prize amounts......  this get's you nothing but the same people  (no additional participation) fighting for a lesser prize...    Trust me, they'll still fight for it....  whether it's a 500 credit pay out of a 20,000 credit payout....they'll fight for it like dogs fighting for the last piece of gristle on a bone.....    This is not a "slam" toward the "elite's' ;  rather a statement regarding  their competitive drive and nature......

Or.....  you can turn the "monthly's" into a "Clash Scab".   Change the payouts to "Clash Passes" instead of credits........      The "elite's" won't be playing any longer....but those Clash Rats will come out in numbers.......... after all, they'd testify in court against their mother  for a super pass.....    

Or.....  change the payout's,  make them progressive based on participation; and expand the number of  payout's from three.....     

Or....  perhaps, WGT could actually crack down on the cheating, multi's, degenerate's and allow for a fair game.......   this would certainly create incentive for play.   I can see nothing better for increased participation (in all tiers) than  fair play.   As I mentioned earlier......   these future "high tier" players have no incentive to play  in the tournaments as long as they fear the usual "chapping" from the WGT Bottom Feeders....

Sorry for the bluntness Champ, I do appreciate your interest and dedication .......   but, I'm a realist, and this is about as real as it gets.....       In closing.... "Why raise and hoist the main sail......when you have a hole in the boat?"    Fix the hole.............  

--Danny 

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Wed, Oct 24 2018 10:16 AM

LuckySkreet:

Well....   it's actually pretty simple.....

WGT Bottom Feeders....

Sorry for the bluntness Champ, I do appreciate your interest and dedication .......   but, I'm a realist, and this is about as real as it gets.....       In closing.... "Why raise and hoist the main sail......when you have a hole in the boat?"    Fix the hole.............  

--Danny 

Question asked...

Question answered...

"Bottom Feeders"  LMFAO

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Wed, Oct 24 2018 10:25 AM

CEverett12:

What does it say when a company starts to cut costs ?  It says we are not doing very good and we need to save money . I know San Francisco is a very expensive place to run a company ,  They are having trouble keeping teachers in their public schools because of the high cost of living , Teachers simply cant afford to live there because of the high cost of rent .

While I understand the logical connections you have made, they're not accurate. WGT is doing fine and will remain operational for a long time. 

The tournament payout changes were to make them make more sense. In the top tiers we were giving 3x the credits compared to the tournament entries, and that's essentially been cut to 2x. It was illogical (and kind of still is). We also made it so that Champion and Tour Legend (and in some cases Legend) tier players were not competing for the same purse amount. 

We also standardized the number of credits in many of the tournaments that payout the top 70. It didn't make sense that if you won on Pebble Beach you'd make less than if you won on Kiawah. 

_CHAMPION 

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Wed, Oct 24 2018 11:35 AM

WGTChampion:

DAZZA501:
    Hey Champ. Is there any chance wgt could open up the weekly premium multi-round to unlimited entry? If i don't log on early enough on a Monday it's normally full. No reason why it should be limited to (i think) 200 entries.

Good question. Not sure why it's only 200. I'll see what I can do. 

I'd think that it's because it's a RG, albeit one with 200 entrants. 200 entry fees @ 100c = 20,000c with a 80% payout equalling 16,000c.  Adding more entrants would be like adding to any other RG after 50 have entered.

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Wed, Oct 24 2018 11:39 AM

DodgyPutter:

WGTChampion:

DAZZA501:
    Hey Champ. Is there any chance wgt could open up the weekly premium multi-round to unlimited entry? If i don't log on early enough on a Monday it's normally full. No reason why it should be limited to (i think) 200 entries.

Good question. Not sure why it's only 200. I'll see what I can do. 

I'd think that it's because it's a RG, albeit one with 200 entrants. 200 entry fees @ 100c = 20,000c with a 80% payout equalling 16,000c.  Adding more entrants would be like adding to any other RG after 50 have entered.

It's not structured the same as an RG on our side. It's structured as a standard tournament. So we could change it pretty easily. 

_CHAMPION 

• Williams01210021
    1,231 Posts
    Wed, Oct 24 2018 12:04 PM

Probably no point as lets face it, wgt wont change anything we suggest. 

The list of tournaments wgt do is pretty crap. same old unlimited monthly ones on the same courses.

As for the ones you have to pay to enter..... again people wont bother as the same old people win or place top 3. You will never get enough people playing to cover the costs while its just the same people winning each time. 

You have about 15-20 players that will always be able to post a stupid score like -18/-19. Until the next tier group is opened and these players moved up then the numbers wont be there. 

you really need to move people up tiers that are continuously winning these big events. I remember when i was legend. The same 2 players won the main monthly tour for like 7 months in a row each time getting like 5/10k credits. Also they won the Tier open as well a good amount of times or placed top 3. When you have a legend who has won over 300,000 credits somthing is wrong. 

As people have already mentioned. Its not hard to see, i have seen some players only play 4 rounds a month, all just happen to be the multi round tournament that costs 100 to enter and has a great payout. Somehow these players can score almost perfect even though they havnt played in a week...... Clear clear multi accounts but nothing gets done. 

Open up tour champion tier, add people that have over i dunno say 5k carer earnings into it. If someone wins a monthly tour more than once they should go up a tier. To have someone win the legend one 3 times in a row is just ridiculous. Amount of players in that tier and same person wins 3 in a row..... seems dodgy to me but if they are just gifted then they should be in the top tier group with the others that are. 

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Wed, Oct 24 2018 12:07 PM

Williams01210021:

The list of tournaments wgt do is pretty crap. same old unlimited monthly ones on the same courses.

What changes could we make that would make you want to play? 

_CHAMPION 

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Wed, Oct 24 2018 12:31 PM

Williams01210021:

Maybe we just need to suggest the right things.  :) 

RSS