Help › Forums

Monthly & Weekly Tournament Payout Totals Are Changing

Sun, Sep 29 2019 12:04 AM (162 replies)
  • derekortt
    656 Posts
    Tue, Oct 23 2018 6:56 PM

WGTChampion:

CEverett12:

The problem with the open Tier tournaments is they only pay the top 3 spots , So for 99 + percent of the people are just throwing your money away .   There is no way most of us can compete with the top 3 .  Warning , You will lose your credits . 

What would make these tournaments more enticing? Top 5, Top 10? All ideas are welcome. 

_CHAMPION 

I kind of like the top 3 as it forces you to shoot an outstanding round. If you pull it off, you get the BIG payday

Champ purses should be left alone. We have EARNED our place at the top and should be rewarded by WGT. If anything, I'd like to see champs have an option to redeem credits for cash

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Tue, Oct 23 2018 7:17 PM

derekortt:

If anything, I'd like to see champs have an option to redeem credits for cash

That would just make multi's and cheating worse no? 

• JoeMaverick
    843 Posts
    Wed, Oct 24 2018 2:09 AM

DodgyPutter:
    A lot of CC tournaments and other community orginised events use these so there must be a decent number of entrants.  The prize fund is 2,500c after being cut by 60% (!) of what it now is. So for the sake of wgt saving less than 2 (of your more expensive) sleeves of balls a tier you impose that massive cut.  I suppose when the fall in entries come you can cut the prize again or just stop them.

Exactly. Less players => WGT decrease the prize => less players => WGT stop the the tournament. It's what happened with the UEL weekly 18-hole tournament.

But the only possible end of this strategy is the end of WGT (or at least the weekly/monthly tournaments). They should find a way to attract more players and not saying stop when it's not profitable enough for them. 

Joe

• JoeMaverick
    843 Posts
    Wed, Oct 24 2018 2:12 AM

derekortt:
    If anything, I'd like to see champs have an option to redeem credits for cash

If you they did that 90% of their player would not be allowed to play tournaments for credits because that would become a money game.

• bluey403
    1,526 Posts
    Wed, Oct 24 2018 2:31 AM

WGTChampion:

CEverett12:

The problem with the open Tier tournaments is they only pay the top 3 spots , So for 99 + percent of the people are just throwing your money away .   There is no way most of us can compete with the top 3 .  Warning , You will lose your credits . 

What would make these tournaments more enticing? Top 5, Top 10? All ideas are welcome. 

_CHAMPION 

Casey has nailed it. Pointless to play if only 3 get Paid.

I believe if it were top 10 payout, the field and therefore purse would increase accordingly

• birchi
    1,492 Posts
    Wed, Oct 24 2018 2:51 AM

bluey403:

WGTChampion:

CEverett12:

_CHAMPION 

I believe if it were top 10 payout, the field and therefore purse would increase accordingly

The whole point of this tournament is to be a rather exclusive event for WGT's best players. Obviously there isn't a big field of players who will be willing to pay the 200cr entry. If you split up the purse more, it becomes basically another mid-level-entry-fee ready go. If WGT is interested in the revenue, why not just add a 200cr ready go tournament to the rotation? But please leave this one as it is, there are more than enough other tournaments for players who don't feel like they can compete for the top3 spots in this one.

• carlosdev
    2,528 Posts
    Wed, Oct 24 2018 4:11 AM

If WGT allows Credits to be converted into Cash, this platform will probably turn into hub of cheating n whatsoever . Very bad idea to make this happen.

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Wed, Oct 24 2018 5:41 AM

birchi:

bluey403:

WGTChampion:

CEverett12:

_CHAMPION 

The whole point of this tournament is to be a rather exclusive event for WGT's best players. Obviously there isn't a big field of players who will be willing to pay the 200cr entry. If you split up the purse more, it becomes basically another mid-level-entry-fee ready go. If WGT is interested in the revenue, why not just add a 200cr ready go tournament to the rotation? But please leave this one as it is, there are more than enough other tournaments for players who don't feel like they can compete for the top3 spots in this one.

Wouldn't paying more spots entice more to enter thereby not really affecting the payout very much if at all.  i.e.  Does it really matter if the payout is top 10 if 1st still gets 20K?

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Wed, Oct 24 2018 7:30 AM

DAZZA501:
    Hey Champ. Is there any chance wgt could open up the weekly premium multi-round to unlimited entry? If i don't log on early enough on a Monday it's normally full. No reason why it should be limited to (i think) 200 entries.

Good question. Not sure why it's only 200. I'll see what I can do. 

derekortt:

I'd like to see champs have an option to redeem credits for cash

Sorry, that will never happen. If you're in a spot where you can verify your account you can purchase Amazon cards with your credits. 
    _CHAMPION 
  • birchi
    1,492 Posts
    Wed, Oct 24 2018 8:02 AM

kavvz:
    Wouldn't paying more spots entice more to enter thereby not really affecting the payout very much if at all.  i.e.  Does it really matter if the payout is top 10 if 1st still gets 20K?

I don't think WGT would raise the payout amount by that much (or at all). Plus, does it really matter to the average Champion if the best 3 or 10 get rewarded with credits? There's no chance to get there either way.

RSS