Forums

Help › Forums

Monthly & Weekly Tournament Payout Totals Are Changing

Sun, Sep 29 2019 12:04 AM (162 replies)
  • birchi
    1,492 Posts
    Tue, Oct 23 2018 5:31 AM

ujjbnjk:
    by the look of it payout are still the same as before for all tiers...will this change next month or stay as it is?

For the Champion tier the overall payout was cut by 15.000 credits, for other tiers even more. The multi-round stayed the same.

Weekly tournaments (champions) were cut by 1500cr (from 4000 to 2500 each, except the nation tournament).

So overall, this was just another way of saying: We're cutting the winnings even further to save a few bucks. Especially sucks with the weekly tournaments, doesn't make much sense any more to play them. Realized it too late this week :)

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Tue, Oct 23 2018 5:40 AM

The problem with the open Tier tournaments is they only pay the top 3 spots , So for 99 + percent of the people are just throwing your money away .   There is no way most of us can compete with the top 3 .  Warning , You will lose your credits . 

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Tue, Oct 23 2018 2:07 PM

CEverett12:

The problem with the open Tier tournaments is they only pay the top 3 spots , So for 99 + percent of the people are just throwing your money away .   There is no way most of us can compete with the top 3 .  Warning , You will lose your credits . 

What would make these tournaments more enticing? Top 5, Top 10? All ideas are welcome. 

_CHAMPION 

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Tue, Oct 23 2018 2:51 PM

Not really sure of the right fix; but I do know that I don't play in the open monthly's because as Casey says, I pretty much don't stand a chance to place in the top 3. 

If they were structured more like RG's where basically top 10 would net out positive then I'd probably play them.  Not sure what would need to happen to the entry fee/payout if they payed out top 10 -- I'll leave that for ye experts to crunch the numbers.

It's basically the same with the high CR RG's...can't compete up there so I stick to the 50's and 100's that most of the top players don't play in.

How about opening Tour Champion?   Are there specific reasons why it can't be opened that you could discuss? 

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Oct 23 2018 2:51 PM

WGTChampion:
    What would make these tournaments more enticing? Top 5, Top 10? All ideas are welcome. 

I'd reckon the answer from anyone would be down to where they have a chance of finishing, so I guess looking at it like that then top 70 would be best.  Then you'll have diluted the prize so those toward the top wont like it :-/ 

I don't care much about the pay to enter ones, they're a gamble and not one worth taking for me.  What's happened to the weeklies is awful. 

A lot of CC tournaments and other community orginised events use these so there must be a decent number of entrants.  The prize fund is 2,500c after being cut by 60% (!) of what it now is. So for the sake of wgt saving less than 2 (of your more expensive) sleeves of balls a tier you impose that massive cut.  I suppose when the fall in entries come you can cut the prize again or just stop them.

Anyway what is really needed to boost interest everywhere is at least one new, and properly populated, tier so that more players feel they can compete.

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Tue, Oct 23 2018 2:58 PM

kavvz:

How about opening Tour Champion?   Are there specific reasons why it can't be opened that you could discuss? 

I'm personally fighting for this. No news at this time. 

_CHAMPION 

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Tue, Oct 23 2018 3:03 PM

WGTChampion:

kavvz:

I'm personally fighting for this. No news at this time. 

_CHAMPION 

That's pretty newsworthy right there!  Thanks for the info.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Tue, Oct 23 2018 3:50 PM

WGTChampion:

CEverett12:

_CHAMPION 

Top 10 WITH the same/ previous prize fund...

As usual..the WGT sledgehammer to crack a nut approach.

" I know, let's slash all the credits we pay out..THEN ask the members for their opinions"

What could possibly go wrong.... ;/

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Tue, Oct 23 2018 4:01 PM
    Hey Champ. Is there any chance wgt could open up the weekly premium multi-round to unlimited entry? If i don't log on early enough on a Monday it's normally full. No reason why it should be limited to (i think) 200 entries.
  • flexbomb
    380 Posts
    Tue, Oct 23 2018 5:45 PM

kavvz:
    If they were structured more like RG's where basically top 10 would net out positive then I'd probably play them.

Top 10 Makes sense.

kavvz:
    How about opening Tour Champion? 

Agree..long overdue.  

RSS