Help › Forums

stance control

rated by 0 users
Mon, Oct 19 2009 3:58 PM (3 replies)
  • Nicksalt
    65 Posts
    Wed, Oct 14 2009 6:49 PM

Hey,

I'm looking for help concerning the stance control which I have just discovered. I use Safari 4 as my browser and have never had any problems before.

I tried to alter the ball in my stance but, after I played the shot, the unexpected error screen appeared.

I restarted my game and tried again but this time I could not move the cursor to alter the ball position.

Does anyone have the same problem?

Any advice on how to use the stance control (assuming its working!) to improve my game would be gratefully recieved. Obviously I understand that positioning the ball further back increases height of the flight and would therefore stop the ball more quickly. Does it affect distance and can it be used on the fairways aswell?

regards

1,644 Posts
    Fri, Oct 16 2009 9:58 AM

I think what's happened there is that you got a glimpse of a future feature, much like some people experienced with the draw/fade indicator.  I do not believe it has been implemented yet and the fact alone that you can see it is a bug.  BUT it's great news!  Looks like it's in the works!!  I have not seen it at all myself.

edit** see this thread

• Nicksalt
    65 Posts
    Sun, Oct 18 2009 5:03 PM

Its a little strange because I saw it mentioned on an informal tutorial when I first started WGT, I can't remember what was said exactly, only that the feature was only available with Master clubs and that it helped a great deal on the closest-to-the-hole comps as it stopped the ball more quickly (although that would help any competition played!).

However, the point is moot as the feature disappeared the day after I posted this thread and didn't work in the first place!!

I'm with you when you say its great news that its obviously in the making, an even more realistic experience can only be a good thing.

• ChevyChase
    6 Posts
    Mon, Oct 19 2009 3:58 PM

sounds like an awesome feature, can't wait!

RSS