Forums

Help › Forums

Tiger and Caddy split up....

Fri, Sep 9 2011 10:44 AM (48 replies)
  • hooks4u2
    416 Posts
    Mon, Aug 8 2011 2:28 PM

Steve Williams strikes back at tiger saying that was his best win as a caddy with Adam Scott . Lets see who gets the last laugh .  I,ll bet he dosnt last 5 years with adam scott. Without tiger he,d just be another guy who rakes traps and tends pins,,, ( shut the front door steve ) get over it.!!!!

• sixkiller
    1,147 Posts
    Mon, Aug 8 2011 2:38 PM

hooks4u2:
    Steve Williams strikes back at tiger saying that was his best win as a caddy

Gotta admit he's off to a fast start, lol!

• swannyxx
    303 Posts
    Mon, Aug 8 2011 5:01 PM

Tiger made that clown a ton cash and this is how he repay's him.

Steve grow up you guys parted way's get over it.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Tue, Aug 9 2011 5:16 AM

There's quite a few people that hate Steve Williams.....hmmm. Just interested to know the reason why he is hated?

A good caddie will help a golfer by at least 4-6 shots, could be the difference of winning or losing.

Steve said he had the best week of his life after Adam Scott won. I think what he meant by saying that is....he was more relaxed, didn't have the troubles of 1000's of people following Tiger, jostling. bumping for positions all the time.

Just Saying

Roger

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Tue, Aug 9 2011 10:20 AM

mantis0014:
    There's quite a few people that hate Steve Williams.....hmmm. Just interested to know the reason why he is hated?

Only because he's been rude and boorish to spectators, is a self-centered SOB (detracting from Adam Scott's  win with his "I, me, my" diatribe in the post round interview), and ripping the employer who has provided $9M in income to him over the last 13 years.  The employer who rightfully fired him, in person btw, for taking a part time job with a competitor.  All this while Stevie behaved like a teenage girl who had been jilted by her boyfriend!

IDK, his best win ever?  After what?  13 or 14 majors with Tiger?  Gimme a break.

The latest news from Atlanta says SW admitted he was "over the top" with his comments and will no longer talk about Tiger.  We'll see.

• StrangeMagic
    1,304 Posts
    Tue, Aug 9 2011 2:31 PM

Spot on, Andyson ! My feelings exactly.   Not once in his interview did he mention or acknowledge Adam Scott who won the damn thing !! He was acting like he won it !

SM

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Wed, Aug 10 2011 2:41 AM

Yes, that's true Andyson...he was taking a dig at Tiger for sure. Some very bad blood between them. Don't know why he didn't mention Adam Scott, SM... that wasn't good......... He sure got some great publicity for his book though, might be very interesting reading.

Steve W in his younger days as a Trainee Professional got the sack from 2 Golf Clubs for chucking tantrums at club members when he was working in the Pro-Shop. Then he deiced to become a caddie. Greg Norman sacked him first and now Tiger...lol

Cheers

Roger

• StrangeMagic
    1,304 Posts
    Wed, Aug 10 2011 3:40 PM

I have been watching the Golf Channel and was glad to see some "healing" taking place, in the form of Tiger being interviewed and not throwing gasoline on this fire. Also healthy was Stevie's apology. It appears the Golf insiders are as sick of all the soap opera's as we, the public are.

I remember when the word "Golf"  was synonymous with the word "Integrity". It still can be and I hope it continues to  value sportsmanship, honesty and all that good stuff.

It took quite a shot with the Tiger debacle.....imho.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Thu, Aug 11 2011 3:16 AM

StrangeMagic:

I have been watching the Golf Channel and was glad to see some "healing" taking place, in the form of Tiger being interviewed and not throwing gasoline on this fire. Also healthy was Stevie's apology. It appears the Golf insiders are as sick of all the soap opera's as we, the public are.

I remember when the word "Golf"  was synonymous with the word "Integrity". It still can be and I hope it continues to  value sportsmanship, honesty and all that good stuff.

It took quite a shot with the Tiger debacle.....imho.

Yes, it was good SM...  I hope all the bickering is over now. Tiger showed a bit of class in that interview. I think that Steve W. let his feelings get the better of him and let too much steam out. 

Cheers

Roger

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Aug 13 2011 1:09 AM

Hmmm.... Tiger missed the cut in the PGA... hope he gets back on the rails... I miss how he plays the game!

RSS