Help › Forums

Tiger and Caddy split up....

Fri, Sep 9 2011 10:44 AM (48 replies)
  • hooks4u2
    416 Posts
    Mon, Jul 25 2011 10:28 AM

Mohawk1:

fabbybabby:

The Only thing that suprises me is that Steve williams did not kick Tiger in to touch!

The guy is washed up, What with his dodgy knee 4 operations on it maybe Tiger is thinking of becoming a caddy lol.

Just to keep it in perspective Williams carried Tigers bag , bigdeal and is but a footnote in the big picture . Like Phil said after Williams trashed talked him in the open media , " Williams needs to remember he couldn't make the cut as a Pro golfer , he is a caddy not a PGA tour player and carries a Tour Pros bag " .

As for Tiger being washed up , give your head a shake . The man retires tomorrow he goes down as one of the best to ever play this game if not the best . I guess tieing for 4th at The 2011  Masters with Lukie Donald   means nothing hey ?  Right , Tiger has as good as chance as any to win Augusta or the other majors  , bank on it .

Jorden , Barkley, Bryant , Rose , Shaq and  many  pro athletes and celebrities crossed the same bridge and are still American icons and role models , Tigers no different . 

Thinking of his personal life off the tour check out the Tiger Woods Foundation , too bad not every pro golfer or athlete  is this dedicated and  generous to the under privlilaged and sick, if they were the world would be a much better place wouldn't it ?

I totally agree with you Mohawk1, Tiger has done more for the game of golf than any 1 in my lifetime. When he,s not competing the game becomes boring to watch for me personally. Whomever he gets to tote his bag will also gain as fluff and steve did. I just miss the guy from the game and wish him a speedy recovery.

• Lobsterboy
    4,729 Posts
    Wed, Jul 27 2011 4:32 PM

Sorry, but the guy is just a sleazeball . . . what a let down . . . hope he fads into obscurity . . . blamin the caddy ffs . . . how amateurist 

• Johniedino
    786 Posts
    Thu, Jul 28 2011 5:43 AM

Tiger who!!!!!!

• fabbybabby
    289 Posts
    Thu, Jul 28 2011 2:05 PM

In my opinion Tiger woods will never get back to his best,

he is slipping in to obscurity! down the rankings, wont be long before he is out the top 50 in the world rankings!

4 knee operations should tell you he is finished at the very top makes you wonder whether or not he damaged them playing golf....?

as for a role model he is a complete joke. 

Have admired him in the past at his peak,but alas time is catching up with him,and those dodgy knees, just hope he finds something to fill his time .....

• Mohawk1
    365 Posts
    Fri, Jul 29 2011 8:27 AM

Guys not the first athlete /celebrity to cheat on his wife , too funny  lol . Those bad women seducing the richest athlete on the planet.  The man made mistakes and many have bashed him and rightfully so maybe , but move on and get over it . Tigers certainly trying to , last cog of old was /is Williams who has played stupid to this day on Tigers infidelity.  Williams really didn't know ?  Yeah right .....

Won't surprise me in the least to see Tiger accomplish what  Jack did in 86 , even without Williams at his side .18 Majors though ? 

Haney seems to think its so, think he knows Tiger pretty well hey.

Do the World Rankings really mean anything outside placement for the Accenture or criteron used by the International squad for the Presidents and the Euro Ryder Cup team ?  Heck , Donald was on top ( Westwood was # 2 ) and neither has never even won  one  major have they ?   hmmm...

http://www.talksport.co.uk/magazine/features/2011-07-13/luke-donald-fernando-torres-jimmy-white-and-sporting-greats-havent-won-big

Sporting greats who have failed at the MAJORS ,< hic> .  

Tigers back at Firestone with new caddy , who would have thought it !!   Go Tiger :)

http://geareffectgolf.com/golf/tiger-woods-to-return-to-firestone-with-new-caddie-and-same-old-swing-coach/

• hooks4u2
    416 Posts
    Sat, Jul 30 2011 2:39 PM

he,s back !!!!! hoorah

• TarheelsRule
    5,468 Posts
    Sun, Jul 31 2011 11:47 AM

I think that TIger is done as far as the 2001 Tiger unless he sucks it up and has knee replacement surgery.  He has had multiple knee work done and questionable blood work done with the Canadian Doctor.  The torque that he places on his knee, mainly off the tee can not continue with his bad knee.

I think that the movement of Tiger to dump his management company, his swing coach and now his caddy are just normal Tiger things, he can't blame himself for any of his shortcomings so find someone to blame.  As for Williams, he got way too much credit for Tiger's success, he carried his bag for most of his majors and served as a bouncer for him dealing with the fans and press.  Probably as a go to man for the women as well.

Regarding Tiger and his off the course activities, I agree with a prior comment.  If you are an athlete you can do what you want and who cares.  When you start to take sponsor money for product endorsements, then your personal life becomes an issue.  Tiger has lost his income sources, NIKE dinged him for performance this year and most of the others are gone.  His wealth has been vastly overstated, people say yeah he has made $1 billion but they forget that 40% goes to taxes, 5% to management, caddies, boats, houses, etc..  

I think he is back on the course at Firestone for money and sponsors not because he is ready.

• Mohawk1
    365 Posts
    Sun, Jul 31 2011 8:15 PM

Great points ,  but is a  total joint replacement really needed at this time ? Tiger has reported the  ACL and meniscus damage along with multiple stress fractures to the tibia , more scopic cleanouts than major surgeries though .   The way he had drove the ball with his new swing at Augusta this spring  looked and worked pretty darn good . If he had his old Scotty Cameron in the bag  he would have won another green jacket . Although the pain was evident with Williams helping up from the traps, using his club for support ect . 

Totally agree the Tiger empire has taken a hit . He did walk from IMG though to support Steinburgs dismissal , kind of admirable and could have easily had IMG give him which ever agent he requested  .  IMG will still get the piece of the pie for a couple more years and is rumoured to be just 1.5 million this year .   Nike as mentioned , is  speculated to have held back over 10 mill of the 20 mill he would have earned by them this year , certainly not chump change but ...   fair amount of green the same .

Although his endorcement earnings are now public knowledge no one really knows what he has invested in for the past many years .He  would have been a complete dolt not to invest earnings into NKE  , Pepsico , Gatoraid ect  while he was with them and  maybe he did or than again didn't .   Fortune still has him around 500 mill even after the 100 to Elin , which is probably paid in installments the same though. 

In my opinion, money or sponcership concerns are not the issue for his return to Bridgestone, just serving  as a  tuneup for the major that follows I'd guess . Chasing Jacks 18 is what drives Tiger , always did and always will as long as he plays the tour.  As much as I would be happy to see only 17 in the trophy case , would never discount him hitting 18 and than some . 

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Aug 5 2011 3:24 AM

Tiger's back... good to see, shot a -2...5 shots off the lead.. Steve W is caddie to Adam Scott who is the leader after the first round, interesting. .... I wonder Tiger and Adam Scott will be paired together in the next few days... now that would be interesting to watch (with Steve W in the same group)...lol

-Roger

RSS