Forums

Help › Forums

Tiger and Caddy split up....

Fri, Sep 9 2011 10:44 AM (48 replies)
  • hooks4u2
    416 Posts
    Fri, Jul 22 2011 9:26 PM

As far as Tiger,s letting steve go ,no big loss. The guy denied knowing anything about the scandle to cover his own a,,,,,,,s. when we all know there,s nothing sacreed between a player and his caddy. If you think steve didnt do any partying while away from his family ,, then he needed to be fired. Sometimes its good to clean the slate and change the people around you, nothing personal just business. Steve will survive , fluff did, and we all know tigers not done. Maybe he can get cheech to caddy for him lol.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Jul 22 2011 11:01 PM

hooks4u2:

As far as Tiger,s letting steve go ,no big loss. The guy denied knowing anything about the scandle to cover his own a,,,,,,,s. when we all know there,s nothing sacreed between a player and his caddy. If you think steve didnt do any partying while away from his family ,, then he needed to be fired. Sometimes its good to clean the slate and change the people arround you, nothing personal just business. Steve will survive , fluff did, and we all know tigers not done. Maybe he can get cheech to caddy for him lol.

Tiger is my Hero, I love watching him play the game but, That's not true Hooks... Steve Williams is one of the best Caddies going around at the moment. It was a partnership, which made the man one of the greats.... Ok, Tiger is the best around, but you do need a very good Caddie to give that bit of advice to every now and again...Everybody in the Golfing circle knew about Tigers Pleasures, except for his Wife and the General Public. I knew there was something brewing a year before the story came out about Tiger.

Good Luck to Tiger... I still think he is the best golfer going around and hope he comes back to he's old glory! :)

Lets not judge Tiger for what he has done (under the blankets), which I disagree, but Judge him on what he has done on the golf course. The guy Is/was a great golfer...with help from his Caddie...Steve Williams.

Now that he is single can he still do the same thing off the golf course as before...

Cheers

Roger

• PhilIvey2010
    6 Posts
    Sat, Jul 23 2011 1:23 AM

It seems like everyone is too quick to write off Tiger as finished, done, only good for 1-2 more majors. Especially Bubba Watson and the damn rest of the PGA tour. What they forget is the 15 footer he made in the US open in 2008. Does anyone remember that he almost won the masters this year?

Yes its true that even for Tiger not winning for this long will put doubt in his mind. But one thing simply separates this man from the rest of the field. His ability to adapt to adversity in the face of a great challenge like winning a golf tournament and nearly "meditate" his way around the golf course.

I've watched his expressions and even heard it from his own mouth that he has recently not quite been in the zone and I can tell you first hand that there are times where I get into a funk that I can't imagine getting out of with this game. But when I do I remember that its just golf, and it happens to everyone. People didn't think it would happen to Tiger. But I actually believe he will come out of this and put everyone back in their place.

Seriously when I saw him make that putt in 2008 in my home town of San Diego. I felt chills go down my spine. HAHA thats the end of my off topic post. Just felt like typing myself to sleep.

• Bootsnbra
    2,322 Posts
    Sat, Jul 23 2011 2:33 AM

mantis0014:

Lets not judge Tiger for what he has done (under the blankets), which I disagree, but Judge him on what he has done on the golf course. The guy Is/was a great golfer...with help from his Caddie...Steve Williams.

Now that he is single can he still do the same thing off the golf course as before...

Cheers

Roger

Just out of curiosity are you saying that athletes should not be held accountable for their actions off the course, field etc?

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Jul 23 2011 4:37 PM

Bootsnbra:

mantis0014:

Cheers

Roger

Just out of curiosity are you saying that athletes should not be held accountable for their actions off the course, field etc?

I have to careful how I write this, so I don't show any disrespect to anybody. Sometimes the translation with words and phrases is different between countries.

I'm part of the old school in the way I think and sometimes act, some people call me an old fuddy duddy (which I am..lol)

Now with Tiger, I totally disagreed with what he was doing in his hotel room with other Ladies, in other words playing around behind his wife's back and should be held responsible for it...which has happened.  What people do in their private lives is their own business and should be kept private,which was for quite awhile...everybody in the golf world knew what Tiger was doing, except for his wife until the end when the truth came out. Now that he is single, I'm don't really care what he does off the field. I miss watching play though...hope he comes back soon.

-Roger

• Bootsnbra
    2,322 Posts
    Sat, Jul 23 2011 7:53 PM

mantis0014:

What people do in their private lives is their own business and should be kept private,which was for quite awhile...everybody in the golf world knew what Tiger was doing, except for his wife until the end when the truth came out. Now that he is single, I'm don't really care what he does off the field. I miss watching play though...hope he comes back soon.

-Roger

It's okay Roger I won't become unreasonable just because we have different views so no worries. I just simply disagree with you. My feeling is if you accept any OUTSIDE ENDORSEMENTS what so ever from any outside company for pay then you now are subjected to being held accountable for what you do off the field, course etc.

If you don't want to be held accountable off the field or course for your personal life do not sign contracts the declare in plain english that "morality" is an issue.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sun, Jul 24 2011 1:04 AM

Bootsnbra:

mantis0014:

What people do in their private lives is their own business and should be kept private,which was for quite awhile...everybody in the golf world knew what Tiger was doing, except for his wife until the end when the truth came out. Now that he is single, I'm don't really care what he does off the field. I miss watching play though...hope he comes back soon.

-Roger

It's okay Roger I won't become unreasonable just because we have different views so no worries. I just simply disagree with you. My feeling is if you accept any OUTSIDE ENDORSEMENTS what so ever from any outside company for pay then you now are subjected to being held accountable for what you do off the field, course etc.

If you don't want to be held accountable off the field or course for your personal life do not sign contracts the declare in plain english that "morality" is an issue.

No Probs...yes, how true, I understand and agree with what your saying... not forgetting that sports people are also Roll Models to alot of people. 

Cheers

Roger

• swannyxx
    303 Posts
    Sun, Jul 24 2011 5:19 AM

Stevie williams=big book deal?

• TEESHOT4
    17 Posts
    Sun, Jul 24 2011 4:22 PM

As  far as I'm concerned  Williams is a bone head.I have watched him closely and he is a very crude.rude individual.He  thinks he is better  then everyone else.If  it wasn't  for the fans he'd be out of a job.After all he gets a % of the golfers take. 

• Mohawk1
    365 Posts
    Mon, Jul 25 2011 9:46 AM

fabbybabby:

The Only thing that suprises me is that Steve williams did not kick Tiger in to touch!

The guy is washed up, What with his dodgy knee 4 operations on it maybe Tiger is thinking of becoming a caddy lol.

Just to keep it in perspective Williams carried Tigers bag , bigdeal and is but a footnote in the big picture . Like Phil said after Williams trashed talked him in the open media , " Williams needs to remember he couldn't make the cut as a Pro golfer , he is a caddy not a PGA tour player and carries a Tour Pros bag " .

As for Tiger being washed up , give your head a shake . The man retires tomorrow he goes down as one of the best to ever play this game if not the best . I guess tieing for 4th at The 2011  Masters with Lukie Donald   means nothing hey ?  Right , Tiger has as good as chance as any to win Augusta or the other majors  , bank on it .

Jorden , Barkley, Bryant , Rose , Shaq and  many  pro athletes and celebrities crossed the same bridge and are still American icons and role models , Tigers no different . 

Thinking of his personal life off the tour check out the Tiger Woods Foundation , too bad not every pro golfer or athlete  is this dedicated and  generous to the under privlilaged and sick, if they were the world would be a much better place wouldn't it ?

RSS