Forums

Help › Forums

Getting a bag?

Wed, Feb 17 2021 12:10 AM (32 replies)
  • SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Sat, Feb 15 2020 5:42 PM

Ah claro... Es el verano allí abajo y  por supuesto hay que disfrutarlo al máximo!!

En serio, a mí me parece que el juego está rebien hecho. Voy a ver si puedo conseguirme uno.

LEDzZzEPP:
    apenas pueden portear un juego de mobil a pc,

Por un rato, me confundí el verbo "portear" con lo que yo decía siempre con mis amigos. ;-)

• EasyEdward
    13,495 Posts
    Mon, Feb 17 2020 8:07 PM

Want a flash back?

Jack Nicholas Signature Golf and Course Designer (1992). It was fun in that you could design your own favorite courses if you had a little more info then the basic hole layout from a score card. I designed and played quite a few that took a day or so to construct of courses I had either played on.  The graphics were state of the art back then but would seem horrible today. 

Go back 20 years and you had "Thinking Man's Golf" (1972) which was a board game which used a grease pen on a plastic golf map with dice on some of the most famous 18 holes in the world like: Pebble Beach 18th hole and Baltusrol Par 3 4th hole.

While yes there are a few good golf games out there today (WGT PC version included) what I feel is that WGT tried to update the mobile version they went with the now defunct "Winning Putt" as the model - which while it was fun in its own way is a model I believe is a bad thing with what WGT stands for. 

The PCEA version has not alleviated my concern.

• rdvokey17
    1 Posts
    Fri, Apr 17 2020 6:39 PM

Getting same damn message. Wont let me play until i have a bag. when i go to bag it says go to pro shop to select one. when i do there is 17 items only mostly drinks. i click bags under accessories and nothing shows up. very frustrating game have played it long time now why do i have an issue. playing on pc

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Apr 20 2020 5:09 AM

EasyEdward:

Want a flash back?

Jack Nicholas Signature Golf and Course Designer (1992). It was fun in that you could design your own favorite courses if you had a little more info then the basic hole layout from a score card. I designed and played quite a few that took a day or so to construct of courses I had either played on.  The graphics were state of the art back then but would seem horrible today. 

Go back 20 years and you had "Thinking Man's Golf" (1972) which was a board game which used a grease pen on a plastic golf map with dice on some of the most famous 18 holes in the world like: Pebble Beach 18th hole and Baltusrol Par 3 4th hole.

While yes there are a few good golf games out there today (WGT PC version included) what I feel is that WGT tried to update the mobile version they went with the now defunct "Winning Putt" as the model - which while it was fun in its own way is a model I believe is a bad thing with what WGT stands for. 

The PCEA version has not alleviated my concern.

I had Jack's game in 1990, 3- 3/12" disks. I loved it and would play for hours.

Muirfield Village was tough on that game

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Mon, Apr 20 2020 10:42 AM

rdvokey17:
    Getting same damn message. Wont let me play until i have a bag.
    Could you repeat the message please - I don't get your indirect reference.

Meanwhile, I say it again: You need no bag from the Pro Shop here. If you can't play it has other reasons, regardless of the message.

Concerning your club set-up (avoiding the word "bag"):
    Consider to drop the Starter driver (any use for it?) and insert the LW - it comes in handy.

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Mon, Apr 20 2020 6:49 PM

alosso:

rdvokey17:

Meanwhile, I say it again: You need no bag from the Pro Shop here. If you can't play it has other reasons, regardless of the message.

Consider to drop the Starter driver (any use for it?) and insert the LW - it comes in handy.

It was most likely the message you get when a rental time has expired. He rented 2 putters on the day he made that post or he made the post the day after the rentals.

• twinponds169
    3,004 Posts
    Mon, Apr 20 2020 7:12 PM

Saw the title and thought this thread was here to celebrate 420 day.

• Thebigguy1968
    1 Posts
    Mon, Apr 20 2020 7:24 PM

same

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, Apr 21 2020 4:44 AM

borntobesting:

alosso:

rdvokey17:

It was most likely the message you get when a rental time has expired. He rented 2 putters on the day he made that post or he made the post the day after the rentals.

Yes, I think thats what it is. Its probably telling him to un-equip the club that was rented and replace it with another.

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Wed, Apr 22 2020 3:58 AM

DonCaron:
    Yes, I think thats what it is. Its probably telling him to un-equip the club that was rented and replace it with another.

More likely it's telling him that he is missing a club.as the rental club is automatically removed from his inventory once the rental period is over and he is not in a game when the rental period ends. 

RSS