Help › Forums

Past time for a new course !!!

Mon, Oct 15 2018 1:07 AM (34 replies)
  • WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2018 8:48 AM

YankeeJim:

WGTChampion:
    So I absolutely agree that we all (including everyone here) want to give you more courses. 

Why wasn't the custom course for the VUSO this year not turned into a regular one? That would have been a nice addition.

Oakmont is no longer in the game but we were able to use a couple holes for the duration of VUSO. You can, of course, make the course (minus Oakmont holes) as a custom course for your club. 

As a more long term thing, I'm pushing the team here to get me a way to make custom courses so we can make public custom course tournaments. We could even (maybe) reach out to clubs and have them tell us their favorite custom course, or maybe have the community vote for your favorite custom course and then make tournaments for it. Could be fun. 

_CHAMPION 

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2018 10:02 AM

WGTChampion:
    As a more long term thing, I'm pushing the team here to get me a way to make custom courses so we can make public custom course tournaments. We could even (maybe) reach out to clubs and have them tell us their favorite custom course, or maybe have the community vote for your favorite custom course and then make tournaments for it.
    Sounds difficult.

Wouldn't it be easier to release some new pin sets, e.g. on RSG, OLY?

Any WGT comment would be highly appreciated!

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2018 10:31 AM

There are 17 stroke play courses in the game . Not counting Whistler or Cabo just the free courses . If WGT would get off of their behinds and just add 3 new sets of pins to each course all would be fine . All of this wasted time in between new course additions is ridiculous . You people sit around 5 days a week and do nothing . 1 downtime a month so nothing is being fixed which is evident and nothing being done , which is also evident .

So what are you people at WGT doing other than nothing ? WGT has had more than enough time to improve the game . I`ve been here for 7 years now and other than the yearly new course nothing to make the existing game better . Players have been asking for new pins now for years .

But no matter what we ask for to truly improve the game . It all falls on deaf ears and is ignored . 

• newcastleb
    1,813 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2018 11:02 AM

WGTChampion:
    I'm pushing the team here to get me a way to make custom courses so we can make public custom course tournaments. We could even (maybe) reach out to clubs and have them tell us their favorite custom course, or maybe have the community vote for your favorite custom course and then make tournaments for it.

And just what the heck good would that be......they are NOT new courses, they are just the same holes we've all played hundreds of times, just in a different order.

We have been told numerous times the photographs for NEW pin positions have already been taken.  Are you (once again) lying to us, or are you just too ***!!'n lazy/incompetent  to do something productive?

lonniescott711:
     But no matter what we ask for to truly improve the game . It all falls on deaf ears and is ignored . 

Kind of sums it up

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2018 12:01 PM

lonniescott711:
    If WGT would get off of their behinds and just add 3 new sets of pins to each course all would be fine

Not if they're anything like the ones they added to Kiawah. 

lonniescott711:
    You people sit around 5 days a week and do nothing

And you know this how? Rather idiotic statement IMO.

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2018 12:17 PM

alosso:

WGTChampion:
    As a more long term thing, I'm pushing the team here to get me a way to make custom courses so we can make public custom course tournaments. We could even (maybe) reach out to clubs and have them tell us their favorite custom course, or maybe have the community vote for your favorite custom course and then make tournaments for it.
    Sounds difficult.

Wouldn't it be easier to release some new pin sets, e.g. on RSG, OLY?

Any WGT comment would be highly appreciated!

Not at all. The system already exists for country clubs. It just needs to be retooled in our systems so I can put the courses together. They would only be used for tournaments. 

_CHAMPION 

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2018 12:19 PM

lonniescott711:

You people sit around 5 days a week and do nothing . 1 downtime a month so nothing is being fixed which is evident and nothing being done , which is also evident .

I looked around, everyone is currently seated. Sitting around: CONFIRMED

They all look pretty busy tho. 

_CHAMPION 

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2018 12:31 PM

newcastleb:

WGTChampion:
    I'm pushing the team here to get me a way to make custom courses so we can make public custom course tournaments. We could even (maybe) reach out to clubs and have them tell us their favorite custom course, or maybe have the community vote for your favorite custom course and then make tournaments for it.

And just what the heck good would that be......they are NOT new courses, they are just the same holes we've all played hundreds of times, just in a different order.

Then we wouldn't have liked to keep around the VUSO course this year? 

The point would to help create more fun and have the community involved. Sounds terrible, I know. 

newcastleb:

We have been told numerous times the photographs for NEW pin positions have already been taken.  Are you (once again) lying to us, or are you just too ***!!'n lazy/incompetent  to do something productive?

You know, putting *s in there doesn't make it not cursing. Also, I don't make the courses, I am too incompetent for that. 

I did some searching for WGT Announcing new pin placements any time recently, and I'm having trouble finding anything recent. I'm seeing some old posts from 2008-2010 and we've certainly added additional pins since then. Was there something we said recently about pins? 

_CHAMPION 

EDIT: To be very clear, the same people who could make new pins are the same guys who are all hands on deck building you a new course. 

Please stop being so mean to me. 

• MrFunnyWobbl
    894 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2018 12:48 PM

While WGT may not be the fastest to add new courses to the game, there is no need to be rude to Champion. 

I know this is derailing, but since you are replying Champ, what is the future of WGT after flash? It won't be supported for much longer? Will it spell the end of WGT or are you guys porting to a new programming language or engine?

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2018 12:57 PM

WGTChampion:
    Was there something we said recently about pins? 
    Ask Chad (MisterWGT) about the live conference with his customers and the time shortly after. Guessing 2012+

The latest second pin set that I remember is Merion, about 2014.

Alas, the fact that you deny current incidents so keenly (pointing to 2010) enables a thought of company brainwash :(

RSS