Forums

Help › Forums

Past time for a new course !!!

Mon, Oct 15 2018 1:07 AM (34 replies)
  • DUFFR99
    571 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2018 12:19 PM

Hey WGT, it sure would be nice to have some new courses once in a while...maybe drop one or two of the 'Open' courses and replace with anything else until the next rotation time to more match the PGA tour. I've been playing on here (wgt) since 2009, and only thing new y'all have ever done was to add a course here and there for US OPEN time...it's really beginning to get boring !!!     Thanks...

Mike/duffr99

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2018 2:28 PM

I sincerely promise we're working on that right now. 

_CHAMPION 

• Bowl64
    3,083 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2018 3:00 PM

Hi Champ :) I`m really looking forward to Wolf Creek but, if you were to "release" say three of the CTTH-courses i`m shure the WGT-community would love it.

In my humble opinion we really do need 3-5 new courses and play on these would go through the roof. It would most likely bring an increase in ballsale, good for everyone,  Wouldn`t you agree?

Regards Bjorn

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2018 3:10 PM

If it were up to me we'd be putting out at least 2 a year. But it's a lot of work AND we need a lot of things to fall into place before we can even book flights to shoot the course. So I absolutely agree that we all (including everyone here) want to give you more courses. 

_CHAMPION 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2018 4:38 PM

WGTChampion:
    So I absolutely agree that we all (including everyone here) want to give you more courses. 

Why wasn't the custom course for the VUSO this year not turned into a regular one? That would have been a nice addition.

• MrFunnyWobbl
    894 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2018 7:13 PM

WGTChampion:

If it were up to me we'd be putting out at least 2 a year. But it's a lot of work AND we need a lot of things to fall into place before we can even book flights to shoot the course. So I absolutely agree that we all (including everyone here) want to give you more courses. 

_CHAMPION 

Is it not possible for you guys to shoot some lesser known courses? Maybe lesser known Tour or mini-tour/lpga courses? Or heck even shoot some regular old municipal courses or something? Probably be cheaper to get rights and time from the course. 

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2018 10:12 PM

MrFunnyWobbl:
    Is it not possible for you guys to shoot some lesser known courses? Maybe lesser known Tour or mini-tour/lpga courses? Or heck even shoot some regular old municipal courses or something?
    Nope.

Since genuine photos are being used, there ain't no artificial stretching. Thus, any course must have a certain length. All(?) courses are 7,000+ yds from the tips - shorter courses (tees) are humiliated with the fabulous equipment available.

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2018 1:40 AM
    alosso:

MrFunnyWobbl:
    Is it not possible for you guys to shoot some lesser known courses? Maybe lesser known Tour or mini-tour/lpga courses? Or heck even shoot some regular old municipal courses or something?
    Nope.

Since genuine photos are being used, there ain't no artificial stretching. Thus, any course must have a certain length. All(?) courses are 7,000+ yds from the tips - shorter courses (tees) are humiliated with the fabulous equipment available.

Why? What would be wrong with having a course that only measures 6000yds? The red tee brigade would love it. Wgt could make it so these courses don't count towards average like the Par 3 & 5 courses.
  • twinponds169
    3,004 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2018 6:25 AM

YankeeJim:
    Why wasn't the custom course for the VUSO this year not turned into a regular one? That would have been a nice addition.

+ 1000

Have been wondering the same thing since it went away. It was really nice just to have another variety course to play alt shots on. I thought for sure it would be a new permanent "Best Of" course. Even if they had to replace the couple of Oakmont holes that were on it, it would have been a nice addition.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2018 7:20 AM

DAZZA501:
    Why?
    Humiliation.

What a store sign would a new "Pitch&Putt" be for the WORLD GOLF TOUR?

RSS