Forums

Help › Forums

Tiger Woods haters just had it forcefully and permanently stuck in their craw

Tue, Apr 16 2019 12:44 PM (77 replies)
  • LouisPeter0
    713 Posts
    Sun, Sep 23 2018 4:34 PM

It was always all about his kids. 

Until now, until today, to them, he was a part of history. He had YouTube glory.  

He wanted them to know what it was like for enormous and adoring crowds to scream his name. For his children to see their father's unfathomable grit and unflagging will to win in the face of age, injury, long odds, and against the very best young players on the planet. He wanted them to know what it was like for a huge mob to follow their father as he walked up the 18th fairway. He wanted them to know what it was like for their father to be, once again, crowned an unquestioned and indisputable champion among champions. 

This will go down in history as the greatest comeback in all sports. Not just golf. ALL sports. 

Bravo, Tiger. Bravo.

• ct690911
    7,190 Posts
    Sun, Sep 23 2018 4:47 PM

I haven't followed every sport, so I don't know if its' the greatest comeback...as far as the rest of the stuff...that's what video tape is for...lol

ps: I'm not even sure it's all about his kids...seems to me his dozen girlfriends (and ex-wife) may have an opinion.

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Sun, Sep 23 2018 5:35 PM
    Maybe his ex wife will appreciate a chunk of extra change too, lol
  • Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Sun, Sep 23 2018 6:10 PM

LouisPeter0:
    This will go down in history as the greatest comeback in all sports. Not just golf. ALL sports. 

While it's a great comeback story, it's not even the greatest in golf. Years ago, Hogan wrapped that one up. 

But I suppose if one has no sense of history, it would be. But for everyone else, that would be a "no." 

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Sun, Sep 23 2018 6:28 PM
    One win is not what I would call a comeback! Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn, as the saying goes! Now is it something to talk about, I'll give you that much, but tiger still quivers when he sees a 5 iron, get over that feeling, and then it's a comeback, :^)
  • LouisPeter0
    713 Posts
    Sun, Sep 23 2018 6:41 PM

But I suppose if one has no tact or manners, it would be expected to engage in personal attacks. But for everyone else, who obviously had better upbringing, thank you for sticking to the topic.  

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Sun, Sep 23 2018 7:04 PM
    LouisPeter0:

But I suppose if one has no tact or manners, it would be expected to engage in personal attacks. But for everyone else, who obviously had better upbringing, thank you for sticking to the topic.  

I must respectfully disagree with you, Elins attack on tiger, now that was a personal attack! I was just stating an opinion about what is considered a comeback, AND I'll restate it, one win isn't a comeback, it's just a win! I thought that the topic was about that. Time will tell the story if he can truely make a comeback!!!!!!
  • Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Sun, Sep 23 2018 7:26 PM

Luckystar5:
    I must respectfully disagree with you, Elins attack on tiger, now that was a personal attack! I was just stating an opinion about what is considered a comeback, AND I'll restate it, one win isn't a comeback, it's just a win! I thought that the topic was about that. Time will tell the story if he can truely make a comeback!!!!!!

But it's not just one win.

This year, he had two top-10 finishes in majors, and 7 top-10 finishes for the year. Additionally, at the end of 2017, he was ranked 656 in the world rankings. He's now ranked 13th. He's also in the top 10 of the 2018 money list.

No way in the world that's not a comeback. 

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Sun, Sep 23 2018 7:57 PM
    Robert1893:

Luckystar5:

But it's not just one win.

This year, he had two top-10 finishes in majors, and 7 top-10 finishes for the year. Additionally, at the end of 2017, he was ranked 656 in the world rankings. He's now ranked 13th. He's also in the top 10 of the 2018 money list.

No way in the world that's not a comeback. 

First, if you reread the original post, what he said, was all about today! Said nothing of what you stated! If someone knew nothing of golf, and read that post, it would appear that today is what it was all about. Also, there is no way that he can be compared, let alone be put above ALL other sports. Unless you win, a top ten finish, just means that you are still one of nine other losers. I take it as an insult to golf, to try to put tiger above the likes of Ben Hogan, Payne Stewart, Jack, or Arnie, or many others, for that matter. tiger, has some milestones yes, but not pedestal material! Golf is suppost to be a gentleman's game, slamming your clubs on the ground, cheating on your wife at tournaments, with expensive whores, doesn't give a good impression of someone who respects the game.
  • Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Sun, Sep 23 2018 8:07 PM

Luckystar5:
    First, if you reread the original post, what he said, was all about today! Said nothing of what you stated!    

Yes, I know that. But just because he framed it that way doesn't mean I'm obligated to do the same thing. I'm pretty much ignoring what the OP wrote because it's a conversation that's not worth pursuing with that person.

Regardless, I stand by what I wrote. It's a comeback. 

RSS