Best tip I ever got....

"If in doubt, hit it harder"

Might not pertain to WGT..

Works fine in RL though.

;-)

• sodakknight
    700 Posts
    Sun, Dec 9 2018 8:12 AM

I'll try to add a little advice for what it's worth.....  

A newer player should carry the best wedges they can afford and practice with them until they know exactly what to expect.  Between full, punch, pitch, flop and chip shots, a 2 wedge set-up can be equivalent 10 extra clubs in the bag. 3 wedges offer even more flexibility but you'll have to give up your hybrid to get the third wedge in the bag.  Good wedge players can sink or come very close to sinking (within 2 feet) their shots every time.

For those times when you just miss the green, good wedge play can help you get some birds and pars!

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Dec 10 2018 5:22 AM

sodakknight:

I'll try to add a little advice for what it's worth.....  

A newer player should carry the best wedges they can afford and practice with them until they know exactly what to expect.  Between full, punch, pitch, flop and chip shots, a 2 wedge set-up can be equivalent 10 extra clubs in the bag. 3 wedges offer even more flexibility but you'll have to give up your hybrid to get the third wedge in the bag.  Good wedge players can sink or come very close to sinking (within 2 feet) their shots every time.

For those times when you just miss the green, good wedge play can help you get some birds and pars!

Solid Advice. Wedges are my go to clubs, when I'm in trouble. My 64 degree wedge is my prize.

• craigswan
    30,837 Posts
    Mon, Dec 10 2018 7:28 AM

Some common mistakes .

• craigswan
    30,837 Posts
    Mon, Dec 10 2018 7:32 AM

• craigswan
    30,837 Posts
    Mon, Dec 10 2018 7:33 AM

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Mon, Dec 10 2018 4:11 PM

craigswan:

Woo hoo - I am like a Pro!!!!!!!!

• spnorton
    401 Posts
    Mon, May 17 2021 7:25 AM

First off, it’s Geometry, not Trigonometry. Secondly, the forces front and back versus the forces side to side are equal. That makes it 50%.

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Tue, May 18 2021 1:04 PM

spnorton:

First off, it’s Geometry, not Trigonometry. Secondly, the forces front and back versus the forces side to side are equal. That makes it 50%.

No, it's trigonometry.  Sines and cosines.  

For people like yourself who seem to have forgotten (or never took) 10th grade math:

sin 45° = 0.707 = 70.7%

cos 45° = 0.707 = 70.7%

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Tue, May 18 2021 2:05 PM

SamSpayed:
    No, it's trigonometry.  Sines and cosines.  

And tangent. ;-)

RSS