Forums

Help › Forums

Where Are The New Courses??

Thu, Sep 19 2019 1:51 PM (71 replies)
  • GoodyChamp
    595 Posts
    Fri, Aug 9 2019 3:11 PM

Wutpa:

.......... Whistling Straits is not on WGT in any form.

Hope 2 have it soon though, gr8 course, would love 2 play it right here on WGT.............p...a...t...i...e...n...c...e....................

Cheers, GC

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Sat, Aug 10 2019 4:41 AM

nammvett:
    I'd be willing to bet that we will never see another new course...not by Christmas,  not NEVER!

Apart from Bandon Dunes allegedly next year,  I agree, with the apparent ending of the USGA/contract, we wont probably see another US open course, unless like this year at Pebble Beach they produce a new set of pins for the existing courses we have.

Oakmont gone and highly unlikely to return, all these courses are run by committees, not the USGA, so for example, the OWNER of Pinehurst says no more playing MY course WGT.

But obviously I would love to be wrong, and see courses more but I doubt it!

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Mon, Aug 12 2019 7:42 AM

nammvett:
    I'd be willing to bet that we will never see another new course...not by Christmas,  not NEVER!

• nammvett
    123 Posts
    Mon, Aug 12 2019 9:12 AM

WGTChampion:

We use real photos that need to be stitched together and molded and into a course that can be played in a 3d space in the game. There are literally thousands of human hours that go into the process. With that being said we can't wait to release our next course! 

_CHAMPION 

I doubt if we'll EVER SEE a new course again.  Get used to it...what you see is all you'll ever get!

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Mon, Aug 12 2019 1:07 PM

nammvett:
    I doubt if we'll EVER SEE a new course again.  Get used to it...what you see is all you'll ever get!

Yes, so you said back on June 1st and it was tedious back then too.

I'm just as confident that we will see new courses, even if it's not until next year.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Mon, Aug 12 2019 2:04 PM

• charting0
    19 Posts
    Mon, Aug 12 2019 3:30 PM

about time they got rid of that horrible yank commentor person on wgt he tells me to reload  reload what my underpants lol what evernext never mind I hit the starter balls in river many times a day my intention is min 45 million balls to lose  so 45 million time to reloads from yank man lol 

• kipdog87
    2,046 Posts
    Mon, Aug 12 2019 4:14 PM

As much as we all enjoy the challenge of a new course, i would like to see new pin positions  on some greens even if they are not true holes positions.

Mick

• LEDzZzEPP
    501 Posts
    Mon, Aug 12 2019 5:38 PM

In my opinion there is no lack of courses (13 to play full 18, one of them a par3 course, no mention about the two Truegolf made), but the lack of different pins is quite noticeable and make the game quite repetitive... (no less fun to play), and playing at Even lies...even less ''difference'' beetwen rounds played in the same course

Different pins locations are a fundamental part of Golf game... four set of pins per course will be enough

People say they not have enough pictures to do this,...i think is not true...or i want belevie that, cant understand how this guys go to do all the work of fothography in one course..and do ONLY for ONE pin set..?  o.O

...whatever

• salamicus
    1,016 Posts
    Tue, Aug 13 2019 5:57 AM

I agree pretty much with -whatever's post... Lies and pin locations are great part of golf game. I find it way more interesting when you can feel the difference between being on green and having bad lie in rough or bunker. Most of golf games have lies implemented as ordinary part of game. This what you can play in wgt as "even lies" I call "flat earth" in fun. Hope wgt can change game...make some adjustments in a way where lies or less exaggerated , but to implement 'em somehow

Nik

RSS