Forums

Help › Forums

Where Are The New Courses??

Thu, Sep 19 2019 1:51 PM (71 replies)
  • MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Fri, Sep 7 2018 10:21 PM

LMD01:

Playing only 9 shots per round would be repetitive..an boring...

Absolutely.  Given that the OP's score history is entirely made up of blitz apart from one trip to St. Andrews for stroke play it hardly seems as if they're making the most of the courses available.,

How can you claim to be bored with all the courses when you don't play them?

Seriously, how?

• GoodyChamp
    595 Posts
    Sat, Sep 8 2018 6:12 AM

pjctas0822:

For the record WGT has never released several courses in one years time... Where did you get that info??

Yes they have! In 2010 (St Andrews/Congressional) & 2011 (Royal St Georges/Olympic Club) we had 2 new WGT-courses. Plus there was 2 Trugolf-courses (Cabo del Sol/Whistler), not sure which year though.

Cheers, GC

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Sat, Sep 8 2018 7:56 AM

GoodyChamp:

pjctas0822:

For the record WGT has never released several courses in one years time... Where did you get that info??

Yes they have! In 2010 (St Andrews/Congressional) & 2011 (Royal St Georges/Olympic Club) we had 2 new WGT-courses. Plus there was 2 Trugolf-courses (Cabo del Sol/Whistler), not sure which year though.

Cheers, GC

Actually it was front 9 St. Andrews back 9  nine St  Andrews and Oakmont 2010  RSG And Congressional 2011. All other courses were 1 per year. You really can’t count Cabo and Whistler as WGT didn’t make those. 

• jimshaw39
    675 Posts
    Sat, Sep 8 2018 11:50 AM

DanArchie:

I'm speaking for the rank and file players who spend their hard earned money paying for virtual items, and what we get in return is the same courses over and over...Just want to see some changes once in awhile

you're not speaking for me.

• lonniescott711
    4,180 Posts
    Sat, Sep 8 2018 12:47 PM

GoodyChamp:

pjctas0822:

Cheers, GC

Well unless the poster of this thread is a restart they wouldnt know that . This account they are using shows a start date of 2014 . So anything before that wouldnt be known . I`ve been here since 2011 and have never seen more than 1 course added to the game in a year .

• callaghan159
    6,214 Posts
    Sat, Sep 8 2018 2:36 PM

GoodyChamp:

pjctas0822:

Cheers, GC

2 courses is not what I would call several.

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Tue, Sep 11 2018 4:07 PM

turfsand:

turfsand:

WGTChampion:

We use real photos that need to be stitched together and molded and into a course that can be played in a 3d space in the game. There are literally thousands of human hours that go into the process. With that being said we can't wait to release our next course! 

_CHAMPION 

Wolf Creek in time for christmas WGTChampion?

c'mon WGT Champion, how about a smidge of encouragement?

If I had a miracle machine I'd have it out even sooner. 

_CHAMPION

• turfsand
    1,773 Posts
    Tue, Sep 11 2018 4:59 PM

WGTChampion:

turfsand:

turfsand:

WGTChampion:

We use real photos that need to be stitched together and molded and into a course that can be played in a 3d space in the game. There are literally thousands of human hours that go into the process. With that being said we can't wait to release our next course! 

_CHAMPION 

Wolf Creek in time for christmas WGTChampion?

c'mon WGT Champion, how about a smidge of encouragement?

If I had a miracle machine I'd have it out even sooner. 

_CHAMPION

thank you for responding WGTChampion

• MatildaIgaly
    1,822 Posts
    Wed, Sep 12 2018 7:05 AM

Would be nice if we could get new pins at RSG and Oly, but i guess that is not very likely.

• mossbacker
    103 Posts
    Sat, Sep 15 2018 12:35 PM

It appears to me that in the time since TopGolf purchased WGT, only a couple courses that were already in process were added. Rushed into play uncompleted. The only new content added has been coin rooms, sponsor play, fluff like green view, putt preview, and spiffy new graphics. GIVE US OPTION TO DISABLE PUTT PREVIEW

In every single town of any size in the USA, people are salivating to do drone work. Hire a local guy to collect video, you don't even have to leave the office. Thousands of hours compiling video to make a new course?  8 weeks for a team of 6.

No more excuses, we pay for product and we are being shorted. I am yearning for a next-gen game because even though this one is challenging, the software it is based on is over 20 years old.

RSS