Forums

Help › Forums

Surveys

Mon, Oct 23 2023 3:58 AM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • okiechuck
    6,317 Posts
    Fri, Aug 24 2018 3:51 PM

I don't know if anyone else has this problem but, let's see. I take the surveys offered by TrialPay, Fyber and RadiumOne. I spend 30 to 40 minutes on each survey I qualify for only to have them tell me they do not have a record of me taking the survey. This is even when I copy and paste the last page of the survey that says I completed it, to the complaint form. I have sent a complaint to Customer Service but, I don't know if they have any control over these providers

It's getting to the point of frustration when WGT offer free credits to be able to play the game but the free credits are withheld because "the survey can't be tracked". It's difficult for those of us on fixed incomes to purchase credits causing us to either downgrade our equipment or downgrade our game because of having to use the free equipment WGT offers.

Thanks for letting me vent...cheers

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Sun, Sep 2 2018 2:45 AM

okiechuck:
    TrialPay, Fyber and RadiumOne.
    These are the ones to complain to, and their answers have been reported to be unsatisfactory at times.

My two Pfennigs (="Cents" of the former Deutschmark):
    You'll have to accept frustration and the feeling of getting scammed to stay in the world of "free" credits.

OTOH, why not have fun with the free Starter balls? Get the best out of the (in fact) free part of the game!

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Sun, Sep 2 2018 5:05 AM

Surveys have always been an inconsistent way to get "free" credits. Many times after 10 or 15 minutes of going through all of the hoops, word comes down from somewhere that you don't qualify or there are other issues. 

My approach has been the use of an emulator such as Nox or BlueStacks. I am not sure how this would work where you are, but by making your PC act like a mobile device, you can access the "free" credit videos that might be available.

There have been times when I have been logged into my WGT account on two emulators and my iphone simultaneously. Only problem I had was trying to keep up with which video was ending so I could start another.

• callaghan159
    6,214 Posts
    Sun, Sep 2 2018 11:16 AM

I gave up on the surveys a long time ago. I take what I can get from the 2 credit videos and move on.

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Sun, Sep 2 2018 11:19 AM

okiechuck:
    TrialPay, Fyber and RadiumOne

Try Peanut Labs their surveys pay off more often and many times even if you don't qualify they still give you 5 credits. And if you spend 30 to 40 minutes then are told you don't qualify to take the survey send them an e-mail through the support tab and if you are respectful more often than not they award you the credits for the survey. 

Mostly taking the surveys on Peanut Labs and watching the 2 credits videos on WGT Mobile on either my Iphone or Samsung Tablet I have all the top gear and haven't bought any credits in well over a year. 

• bigbobbis
    48 Posts
    Mon, Dec 31 2018 8:55 PM

I agree with you one hundred per cent. I am robbed of credits over and over. Now, I cannot even open a survey to complete them. Does anyone know who we can talk to ... big ripoff!

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Tue, Jan 1 2019 10:58 AM

• WO3S
    6 Posts
    Sun, Mar 24 2019 6:19 AM

I've tried the Peanut Labs surveys also.  I have tried dozens of surveys and have only been able to complete 4.  Usually it will let me waste about 30 minutes answering questions and then I get a message that pops up saying that the survey has reached it's target number of participants and closes on me.  At this point I get NOTHING.  These surveys are a ginormous waste of time where you aren't guaranteed to get anything no matter how much time you spend.  Let's face it.  If you want to be competitive in this game, you  WILL have to spend a LOT of money.  It is a typical pay to win scenario.  If you aren't willing to pay, you will never have competitive equipment.  Most of the time at my level, you won't even be able to reach the green in regulation "including a lot of par 3s."  It is like that in real life.  On the golf course, the one who can afford the most expensive equipment has a definite advantage over a chump like me who works construction for a living and can't afford the best of anything.  Anyway, try to have fun anyway.  After all, it's just a game and we aren't doing this to make a living.  It is sad that they can charge almost $10 for virtual golf balls and $50 for a pretend golf club.  Look at the beginner offer.  $99 for a set of competitive (make believe) clubs right out of the gate.  Just to keep things in their favor, they have two currency systems.  Even if you are really good, you can't use your normal winnings from the matches to buy clubs, just to pay entrance fees.  There is no way to convert the one to the other.  That makes sure that even if you win every match you play, unless it is some kind of coins tournament, you still can't use your winnings to pay for equipment.  Just another way to get money out of us.  Anyway, anyone can look at these and complain all day long or just log on, play, and enjoy the fact that they maintain the server for us. 

• Robert1893
    7,650 Posts
    Sun, Mar 24 2019 12:14 PM

@WO3S 

Yes, the surveys are a bit of a crap shoot and can be somewhat time consuming. But, to be fair, so are things like playing ready gos and tournaments as a way to earn credits.

Have you tried watching videos on your smartphone? Since you're in the US, you should be able to do that.  While they're only worth 2 credits each, they can add up. Additionally, a person can easily play the videos while doing other things. 

In a single month, I've seen people report earning as many as 25K credits in a single month. Personally, I haven't spent any money on this game in over 3 years. All the equipment I currently have was purchased through earning free credits. 

I guess, here are the choices (if one wants to make purchases on here):

• Spend money;
    • Spend time on surveys;
    • Play videos, which is less of a time expense than some seem to believe;
    • Spend time playing ready gos and tournaments (some of which will have significant costs in terms of credits for better balls, entrance fees, as well as the time and practice required to get really good at the game).

Or just play the free ball and don't worry how good one gets at the game. 

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Sun, Mar 24 2019 1:26 PM

Man - reading the long posts in this thread has wasted more of my time than a survey! Where are my free credits?????

;=)

• PAGES
RSS