Forums

Help › Forums

Eliminate wedges on greens

Wed, Oct 3 2018 5:27 AM (141 replies)
  • ladyfromdallas
    1,221 Posts
    Sat, Aug 25 2018 6:14 AM
    Pitching chipping and the flop are very hard for me.(Of course i am not good at it ) Cannot get the hang of it at all. I do agree with using wedge on the green and it should not be allowed. After all it is called a putting green. I say learn to putt !!!
  • abbielb
    1,800 Posts
    Sat, Aug 25 2018 9:01 AM

alosso:

Frowned upon due to the probable damage, /methinks, nothing else.

i dont mind how people get the ball to hole as long as its in wgt rules......the frowned on comment was meant more towards real golf........but i have heard some people on wgt say they dont like it either .......personally it suits me to putt.....but players that wedge putt i have no issue with....

• Tigerpaw509
    1,285 Posts
    Sat, Aug 25 2018 9:21 AM

First time some one uses a club other than a putter(unless obstructed) I politely forfeit the match.Anyone can get it close using wedges on the green so while the other golfers are putting on the green these players are getting it next to the hole.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Sat, Aug 25 2018 9:37 AM

So, someone following the official rules of golf and of WGT and doing no harm to anyone is chastised for not following YOUR rules?

Disturbing...

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Sat, Aug 25 2018 9:42 AM

alosso:

So, someone following the official rules of golf and of WGT and doing no harm to anyone is chastised for not following YOUR rules?

Disturbing...

Politely forfeiting is not chastising.

Nothing disturbing about it all. It's just a preference the other player has. Let's not read into things that are not there. 
  • Tigerpaw509
    1,285 Posts
    Sat, Aug 25 2018 10:25 AM

More like Cheating the other players which yes I feel is very disturbing.

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Sat, Aug 25 2018 11:46 AM

This topic has been discussed before, it was ridiculous then, and it still is.  Using a wedge on the green isn't against the rules, so therefore it isn't cheating. No matter what your ideas are. BTW, politely forfeiting, is quitting, no matter how you say it, you're saying "I'm a quitter" . Either learn, and use the shot, or accept someone using it, but don't waste other people's time by quitting on them,  that just poor form!!!!

• Vaibhav5viv
    886 Posts
    Sat, Aug 25 2018 12:55 PM

alosso:

Frowned upon due to the probable damage, /methinks, nothing else.

Rather than that, most players use putting as its the more safer and reliable option compared to the lofted clubs. There's a reason only a few youtube clips of those exist (usually captioned as something incredible as they are rare for a reason)

• quadrock123
    859 Posts
    Sat, Aug 25 2018 1:59 PM

It's not illegal

, The PGA rules allow the pitch shot on the green. Therefore, it's not cheating.Look it up.

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Sat, Aug 25 2018 2:29 PM

Tigerpaw509:
    More like Cheating the other players which yes I feel is very disturbing.

That would be "no."

And even though I don't think that quitting a game is chastising a person, I think it's fairly lame to quit a game simply because the player used a wedge on the green. 

RSS