Forums

Help › Forums

Eliminate wedges on greens

Wed, Oct 3 2018 5:27 AM (141 replies)
  • whooshdangit
    1,246 Posts
    Tue, Sep 25 2018 9:40 PM

Hi hh

That was exactly my problem at the time. Progress had ground to a halt and things were getting a bit stale ( with me anyway ).

In the forums people were being a bit critical of the lvl 89 Big Bertha. I admit, a missed ding is no fun with her, lengthy searches or shots from obscure locations often being the result. Learn to ding though and I love her. I decided to see just how flexible she was, and after the first "putt" I was hooked.

A CTTH putting with 3wd / Driver would be a blast, I think I've sunk 3 of them and got close on several others  ; ))

I'm actually in Germany, but a Brit ex pat. I have been toying with the idea of crossing the pond again to visit a few buddies over there. This could be added to my bucket list while there. I'd have to buy a 3wd too, I'm no RL golfer either.

See there's maintenance in an hour, no time for a game so I think I've just discovered the perfect thing to practice : ))

Cheers !

Rich

• headhacker
    98 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2018 8:01 AM

Sorry about the location mix up - I might make it back across the pond one of these days.

Did pretty decent on CTTH Putting last night, 17.36 with 3 holes in one. Then I thought, "lets try the DRIVER. How hard can it be, Rich made it look easy". But, it didn't work at all.

I tried FULL and any other shot it let me hit and it went nowhere. Any hints on how to get the driver to actually move the ball? I know I had the right distance from the putting earlier. I saw your Youtube examples but since they were replays and not actual shots, I can't see the settings pre-shot. 

BTW - Carolina Sandhills is a FUN Country Club, we don't require headsets (WTF??), and we have some crazy good players. If you are interested I can see if the leader can invite you to join. 

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2018 4:41 PM
    TyMacni:

headhacker:
    Cheers - off to putting w/ a driver to see what happens ..

Let me know how that goes.

As for me,  I am practicing a creation of mine that I call "BassAckwards Golf. Presently It is for play on the par 3 Courses.

A putter only is used off the Tee.

On the Greens, no putter allowed.  The 2 approved Clubs are the Full wedge, and a Driver used as a putter. You can mix the options if you need more than 1 stroke to putt the ball in the hole

A putter off the tee only goes 33 yards. Can you wedge after the drive with the putter or must you use only the putter to get up to the green?
  • duffputt
    314 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2018 10:26 PM

headhacker:

Sorry about the location mix up - I might make it back across the pond one of these days.

Did pretty decent on CTTH Putting last night, 17.36 with 3 holes in one. Then I thought, "lets try the DRIVER. How hard can it be, Rich made it look easy". But, it didn't work at all.

I tried FULL and any other shot it let me hit and it went nowhere. Any hints on how to get the driver to actually move the ball? I know I had the right distance from the putting earlier. I saw your Youtube examples but since they were replays and not actual shots, I can't see the settings pre-shot. 

BTW - Carolina Sandhills is a FUN Country Club, we don't require headsets (WTF??), and we have some crazy good players. If you are interested I can see if the leader can invite you to join. 

You use the punch shot for driver putting

• whooshdangit
    1,246 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2018 7:23 AM

headhacker:

Any hints on how to get the driver to actually move the ball?

Hi

Duffputt's right, a punch will shift it : )

Cheers!

Rich

• whooshdangit
    1,246 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2018 8:07 AM

TyMacni:

The 2 approved Clubs are the Full wedge, and a Driver used as a putter.

Hi Ty

Any chance I can switch the driver for a 3wd?

Cheers!

Rich

• TyMacni
    1,573 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2018 12:15 PM

pmm711:
    A putter off the tee only goes 33 yards. Can you wedge after the drive with the putter or must you use only the putter to get up to the green?

pmm711.

"Bassackwards Golf"  is a very new concept, and is early in it' development stage LOL

This is a good question, and has not yet been definened.

Current General Rules

1.  Putter only required off the Tee.

2.   Full Wedge or Driver on the Green

You ask what Club may be used for the area between Tee & Green. The answer is reflected in the General Rules (rev 2) Below 

Bassackwards Golf General Rules (rev2)

1.  Three Clubs only are approved for use  Putter,  Full Wedge, and Driver in the following ways

1a. Putter only required off the Tee and any following strokes from an area considered part of a Tee

2a,   Full Wedge or Driver on the Green

3a.  From any location not considered Part of a Teeing area or Green Complex any of the 3 approved Clubs may be used.

Enjoy,

TyMacni

• TyMacni
    1,573 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2018 12:24 PM

whooshdangit:

Hi Ty

Any chance I can switch the driver for a 3wd?

Cheers!

Rich

Hi Rich,

as discussed in my reply to pmm711

"Bassackwards Golf"  is a very new concept, and is early in it' development stage LOL

Your question is a good and,  has not yet been defined.

You ask if a 3 wood may be used as an option for the  Driver Club  The answer is reflected in the General Rules (rev 2) Below 

Bassackwards Golf General Rules (rev2)

1.  Three Clubs only are approved for use  Putter,  Full Wedge, and Driver in the following ways

1a. Putter only required off the Tee and any following strokes from an area considered part of a Tee

2a,   Full Wedge or Driver on the Green

3a.  From any location not considered Part of a Teeing area or Green Complex any of the 3 approved Clubs may be used.

Enjoy,

TyMacni

• headhacker
    98 Posts
    Tue, Oct 2 2018 7:40 PM

So tired the "Driver Punch" on the greens, and I think with some practice I can get the formula down (maybe 1ft putter ~ 1yd driver - or so?). My issue is that the driver won't go far enough for me. In CTTH putting there are several holes unreachable as this only goes 100ft or so reliably. Even in tournaments, this is also sometimes the case.

So back to regular putting with the flat stick!! 

RSS