2018 Andyson Memorial Ball Markers

Fri, Nov 23 2018 12:58 PM (76 replies)
  • MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Mon, Sep 17 2018 11:22 AM

gonfission:

Ball markers have been sent.

Woooo hoooo!

Good on you Joe, can't wait for mine to arrive.

Thanks bud : )

• wleiss
    6,264 Posts
    Wed, Sep 19 2018 12:58 PM

gonfission:
    Ball markers have been sent.

I received mine in today's mail Joe. It's a beauty. Thank you. I bet I'll be the only one at the local muni with one. I won't even take gimmes because I'll want to show it off so much.  Thanks also to mrcaddie for the nice nostalgic card. Back when golf was a rich man's sport. Thanks to Paulton, Wayne and Opy as well. You guys do good work. 

Will

• gonfission
    2,229 Posts
    Thu, Sep 20 2018 3:34 AM

It's a guaranteed one putt after you use it Will.

I had them put some "straightputtonium" inside during the forging process. The guarantee states, "a one putt shall follow the use of the marker, no matter where it is placed".

There is a $500.00 prize up for grabs if anyone can claim it.

There were not as many recipients from across the pond this year, so, I mailed everything off myself.

I thank you all for the offers of help. Especially when writing the addresses in the UK.

Crikey, it is like writing a novella...

I hope they all arrive.

Thanks again everyone that participated.

joe

☢------------------<*{{{{{-(

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Thu, Sep 20 2018 9:44 AM

I just received mine today, along with an original " Joe " rendition of my profile pic on the envelope, an' laughed all the way back from the post office. It will take its'  rightful place on my monitor ( as I don't golf IRL ) an' join my treasured collection of WGT memorabilia which now consists of ( in no particular order ) a Mr. Caddie birthday cake golfcart, a picture of me an' the fellers in Oneonta NY, a Minimizer putter ( a prize from Opy's 9th year bash ), Joe's envelope & card ( oh hell yeah, there's no way I'm throwin' them out ), a Yankee Jim business card, an' my 2017 & 2018 Andyson ball markers.

All reminders of the good folks who make this more than just a game.  Thank you Joe for keepin' the torch lit.

Doc :)

• bigcountry317
    4,269 Posts
    Thu, Sep 20 2018 9:48 AM

I received my ball marker today, many many thanks to Joe & MrCaddie for the kind gesture!

I will display the marker in my office proudly!

Cheers,

Aaron

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Thu, Sep 20 2018 1:11 PM

Joe, a most gracious thank you.  Got the marker today(first for me out of 3 years).

• gonfission
    2,229 Posts
    Thu, Sep 20 2018 2:21 PM

drmoose:
     I just received mine today, along with an original " Joe " rendition of my profile pic on the envelope

Yeah Doc, hang on to that one off drawing, on the envelope, for sure. The day I die, you'll be rich beyond avarice my friend. After all, a live artist isn't worth diddly squat...

On the other hand, I would say that you most certainly are the richest man, on WGT. What, with all that swag your piling up. LOL

Sounds like Doc needs a treasure chest, and soon, before his swag starts trickling out into the street. I'll see what I can do about that ;-)

drmoose:
    laughed all the way back from the post office

I'm elated that the constraints of my artistic abilities have found a funny bone, to convey my thanks, for all the contributions you have made into the fracas Doc. Just paying it forward, Bro 

bigcountry317:
    many many thanks to Joe & MrCaddie for the kind gesture!

Let's not forget about the illustrious Opy, in this endeavor. It's Opy's sacrifice that is delivering all this joy to their destinations.

Aaron, I'm glad to see the USPS has traversed the country so quickly. There's nothing so big as the state you call home. Keep the riff raff out brother.

garyk49:
    Joe, a most gracious thank you.  Got the marker today(first for me out of 3 years).

You're most welcome Gary. I am one in front of you. Only because I stole one for myself this year.

Without a doubt, this dog & pony show, (WGT), has been one of the most unsuspecting platforms, in the gaming world. Who would have thought, a bunch of people could, or would ever, come to know each other in such a personal way.

Honestly, I blame mrcaddie.

He is solely responsible in my mind, for the unadulterated whimsical means, for the need people have, to want to help others. The answer to the endearing question, as to "why we are here", can be summed up by Wayne's generosity.

We all are here to help one another. It's that simple.

If it were not for his constant quest, to better humanity through acts of kindness, I think a good lot of us, would have closed up shop, a long time ago.

Accolades to you all, for taking part in an adventure few seldom find.

Libations for everyone!

Joe

☢-----------------<*{{{{{-(

• RonCarr
    242 Posts
    Fri, Sep 21 2018 4:08 AM

Thanks again to Joe and all for running this tribute tourney,,.Ball marker has arrived and was so proud to show to my number one fan,,(the wife)..Mrcaddie your generosity for the card the marker came is is just awesome and brings back many memories,,Thanks again to all.

Ron Carr

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Fri, Sep 21 2018 5:38 AM

Got mine yesterday and its great . I love the card as well . Thanks Joe and to everyone else as well . If it wasnt for the people and friends that Ive made here , I would have quit playing years ago . Its times like these that makes this game so wonderful . So again thanks to all for the marker the fun and the great memories that you all help to create . :-) 

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Fri, Sep 21 2018 5:02 PM

Got mine today ! 

Thank you . To all that remember why . Thank you fore the chance to do my part to give back a small bit of the gift .

OPY

RSS