Forums

Help › Forums

2018 Andyson Memorial Ball Markers

Fri, Nov 23 2018 12:58 PM (76 replies)
  • MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2018 2:10 AM

Alan old bud, thanks for the good news regarding Wayne.  I guess not entirely good but when someone goes AWOL around here it's too easy to fear the worst.  I only just discovered we lost 2damflashy, Scott mentioned it in another RIP thread. 

I guess it's a result of being here quite a long time but I have a disturbing number of people on my friends list who have left us for good.  Scott mentioned in his post that he was surprised how much it hurts when someone you never actually met, only ever interacted with online, passes away.  A few of those on my list hit me pretty hard.

Damn, getting maudlin, change the topic  : (

alanti:

Joe, you asked for ideas......if you want, I could distribute the markers for Aus and NZ, thus keeping the postage costs from the States to a minimum....but that would only work if those in AU/NZ were comfortable with me having their addresses. Likewise, I treat privacy as of paramount importance....

Joe, if you need someone to distribute in Europe then look no further.  As with Alan, this would require them trusting me with their real names and addresses but hey, I'm a good guy. 

Honest!

• twinponds169
    3,018 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2018 7:53 AM

All one has to do is look back to the "Christmas In July?" thread that was posted, aka "Santa Scam", to see why Wayne is no longer among us. Only reading the first page of that thread will tell you the story. He IMMEDIATELY sniffed out and sent up a red flag on this scam and he was met with some pretty bad response from some long time players and forum contributors, especially considering the high level of his integrity, trust and standing around here. Easy to see how disheartening that was.

It was his last post or activity on WGT.

A BIG loss to our community.

• wleiss
    6,264 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2018 9:11 AM

You can send me an invite & I'll give you a G-mail account to keep your info private from these servers, cough, cough, if you know what I mean.

Hey Joe, you are doing a helluva job, Very generous of you. And thanks to Wayne for helping you out, and everybody else who helped out in one way or another.  I'm a little slow, but what I think you are saying here is that if I send you a friend invite, you will reply with the email address of a gmail account that you are the owner of, and that I can send my name and address to. Is that right?  (Anybody that knows for certain can answer) . I do realize that I am already your friend on WGT , so I will send you a message asking for the gmail address, if that is the way you want to do this. Unless you were kidding about the WGT servers, in which case I'll just PM you my name an address. I know little of such matters. Server shmerver. Hey, It's like a sauna out there. Stay cool.

Will

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2018 12:43 PM

wleiss:

You can send me an invite & I'll give you a G-mail account to keep your info private from these servers, cough, cough, if you know what I mean.

Hey Joe, you are doing a helluva job, Very generous of you. And thanks to Wayne for helping you out, and everybody else who helped out in one way or another.  I'm a little slow, but what I think you are saying here is that if I send you a friend invite, you will reply with the email address of a gmail account that you are the owner of, and that I can send my name and address to. Is that right?  (Anybody that knows for certain can answer) . I do realize that I am already your friend on WGT , so I will send you a message asking for the gmail address, if that is the way you want to do this. Unless you were kidding about the WGT servers, in which case I'll just PM you my name an address. I know little of such matters. Server shmerver. Hey, It's like a sauna out there. Stay cool.

Will

What Joe is trying to do is to keep your real name and address out of the forum, for all to see.

I also am on his friends list and I just sent a pm to him with a gmail address that I already had.  He then sent me his and that is where I responded with my name and street address.

• gonfission
    2,229 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2018 2:46 PM

garyk49:
    What Joe is trying to do is to keep your real name and address out of the forum, for all to see.

Yes, Gary is correct wleiss

I just don't trust open platforms, as much as others do. Nothing against WGT, at all......

I sent you a PM wleiss, with my gmail address, you can respond to that. I was surprised to see, with all of our conversations, we both forgot to get this done.

Thanks to every one, for helping others with this.

After all, this is the 3rd largest act of kindness, to take place in here annually. All that have participated, are to be commended for doing so.

Kinda like riding on "Cat Stevens" Peace Train in here.

Now I've been happy lately
    Thinking about the good things to come
    And I believe it could be
    Something good has begun
    Oh, I've been smiling lately
    Dreaming about the world as one
    And I believe it could be
    Someday it's going to come

My deepest regards, to all involved

Joe

☢----------------<*{{{{{-(

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2018 7:29 PM

" Tea for the Tillerman " an' a manhatten fer me :)

Doc :)

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2018 6:00 PM

gonfission:
    That would be great. I would imagine your countrymen & women know you, and your efforts in here, as well. All of which have been most helpful from what I read.

The bolded part could be the issue lol,,,,,,as along the way I have probably made more foes than otherwise......

Therefore, if anyone from AU/NZ would not like me to have their address, let Joe and Opy know ASAP, so they can distribute those separately.

I would not be offended in any way.......hell, I do not trust myself lol

Like Joe, I do not trust open sources at all, and any information would be deleted as soon as the markers have been distributed....that is my promise.

Sorry I did not respond earlier but I have been away on business.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2018 6:05 PM

MainzMan:

I'm a good guy. 

Honest!

I think he is.....well I hope so....I gave him my bank account details when he advised my my Nigerian cousin had passed away leaving me ........

• bery111
    3,859 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2018 3:02 AM

This is such a wonderful gesture! Like Alan for Australia, I was involved in the UK & Ireland distribution last year. I am more than happy to do the same this year so you only have to pay postage for 1 package to the UK.

Friend request sent Gonfission - I'll PM you my email address once we've established contact! :)

• gonfission
    2,229 Posts
    Mon, Sep 17 2018 5:45 AM

Ball markers have been sent.

It is now in the hands of USPS, that institution that has, since inception, run in a massive deficit, spitting, directly in the face, of all other successful business models.

Unfortunately, the business model was leaked, thus the unions tales of woe........ 

Paulton, Wayne, Opy, and myself, had pooled our resources for this. This year.

Any others in the graphic division, I may not know, thanks, to all that participated in the '2018 Andyson Memorial" It was smooth as silk.

Well Done Bill

Joe

☢---------------<*{{{{{-(

RSS