Forums

Help › Forums

2018 Andyson Memorial Ball Markers

Fri, Nov 23 2018 12:58 PM (76 replies)
  • Leggoman13
    8,251 Posts
    Sat, Aug 25 2018 9:45 AM

gonfission:

I finally secured the maker of the markers, to a price yesterday.

It will be done in 3 weeks. I should have them by then, according to the maker.

Huge thank you and appreciation here for all you have done for us  Joe. Well Done and very toughtfull.

gonfission:
    Send accolades his way. He has been very helpful in imparting the information that I needed, to carry this out this year. So send Wayne some lovin........

Huge hug and pat on the back Wayne, for all your time spent and involvement in and for the community. 

***** by the way, where is Wayne, I have not seen or heard from him for a while now.

All the best Wayne and thank you for everything.

gonfission:
    Also Opyeuclid has added his presence, to help with the postage costs. Send some more lovin to Opy. 

Thank you very much Opy, great generosity. And thank you for all you do for us in the community.

and none the least, Shedlite, thank you for organising this fun competition.

*** if I omitted anyone that took part of organising, participated in this fun Memorial Tourney in honor of Dennis. A huge thank you for everything and your participation.

Sincerely,

Pierre :o)

• gonfission
    2,227 Posts
    Sun, Aug 26 2018 1:59 PM

Leggoman13:
    and none the least, Shedlite, thank you for organizing this fun competition.

Yes a big thanks for a daunting task, indeed, to Shedlite

Thank everyone for the accolades sent my way. It's well appreciated, I assure you.

We need to keep posting a small part of my message about the ball markers on top of every score page maybe. I think some of the newer peeps never saw the original post in the other thread when they came to give their scores.

Just thinking out loud here..........

Joe

• akatiger74
    4,693 Posts
    Sun, Aug 26 2018 4:45 PM

It's a wonderful thing you guys are doing and have done with this tourney and it's been a privilege to play it once more...I would love an Andyson ball marker and would use it with pride every time I was out on course...I'm from Ireland though...perhaps it would cost too much...if so I understand.

• opyeuclid
    6,704 Posts
    Sun, Aug 26 2018 5:59 PM

akatiger74:
    .I would love an Andyson ball marker and would use it with pride every time I was out on course...I'm from Ireland though...perhaps it would cost too much...if so I understand.

I will make sure the postage is covered . 

OPY 

• alanti
    10,563 Posts
    Mon, Aug 27 2018 2:18 AM
    Firstly, I will answer Pierre's question on Wayne's (mrcaddie) absence,

As many will know, I used to play with Wayne a lot, and man did we have some laughs.....often at his expense.....but what I stick I gave him, he would give back in spades........we ALWAYS had fun, and winning or losing made no difference,

We have each others email address (something I am pretty guarded on), so that is the trust I have in Wayne,

Needless to say, I was shocked that one day he said he was stepping away from the game, personal reasons (for the better) that I will not go into....but he is fine and enjoyed real golf and life.

So reading this post by Joe is no surprise, as I know Wayne and Joe had spoken about the ball markers, but Kudos to both Joe and Opy for this.

Andyson had a massive impact on the community, both in the Enquirer (we would always wait for the next edition eagerly) and his insight into how the game worked.....he could delve into the never regions no-one else would dare, or could enter lol

Of course to everyone who helped keep this tradition going, Bill and co......but also to those who played in honor of the great man, and to be a recipient of a ball marker is the ultimate remembrance of Dennis.

Joe, you asked for ideas......if you want, I could distribute the markers for Aus and NZ, thus keeping the postage costs from the States to a minimum....but that would only work if those in AU/NZ were comfortable with me having their addresses. Likewise, I treat privacy as of paramount importance....

In fairness, last year there were not too many to distribute this side of the world, but I would be happy to do so again.

• gonfission
    2,227 Posts
    Mon, Aug 27 2018 5:27 AM

alanti:
    I could distribute the markers for Aus and NZ

That would be great. I would imagine your countrymen & women know you, and your efforts in here, as well. All of which have been most helpful from what I read.

Unless I hear otherwise, let's do it. I have you on my list now. I'll send you my e-mail address in a PM

Thanks for taking care of down under......

akatiger74:
    ...I'm from Ireland though...perhaps it would cost too much...

Opy's donation is generous enough to cover the mailings. I am very grateful to have him on board with this homage to Dennis

To all that have done the same, by participating in the event, I applaud you all, for the recognition the fine person Andy is

Joe

• Leggoman13
    8,251 Posts
    Mon, Aug 27 2018 4:06 PM

alanti:
    Firstly, I will answer Pierre's question on Wayne's (mrcaddie) absence,

Thank you very much for the good news. Glad to see he is doing fine and looking after himself and enjoying the real aspect of life.

alanti:
    We have each others email address (something I am pretty guarded on), so that is the trust I have in Wayne,

Please, on my behalf, tell Wayne I am happy for him and wishing him the best that life has to offer. To be good and safe.

Thank you, much appreciated.

cheers

Pierre :o)

• Leggoman13
    8,251 Posts
    Mon, Aug 27 2018 4:15 PM

gonfission:

We need to keep posting a small part of my message about the ball markers on top of every score page maybe. I think some of the newer peeps never saw the original post in the other thread when they came to give their scores.

Just thinking out loud here..........

Joe

I tried Joe, unable to do so, as when I post a new one in that thread, It gets added to the end.

I don't think it is possible to add a post to show on top of the page.

cheers 

Pierre :o(

• 1secretsanta
    80 Posts
    Mon, Aug 27 2018 6:15 PM

This be Christmas in the true .

No bows or fancy paper .

The score is not on a card .

We can all make birdies and pars .

A real gift might not be from the pro shop .

Santa,s  work shop can do many things .

But this here that the community gathers around to remember old and new friends .

We have all won a prize,

1secretsanta 

• drmoose
    3,531 Posts
    Mon, Aug 27 2018 7:47 PM

Plus one, keeper of the faith :)

Doc :)

RSS