Forums

Help › Forums

The Alt-Shot World Challenge

Thu, Oct 17 2019 10:11 PM (632 replies)
  • SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Sun, Oct 28 2018 4:17 PM

Consolation Round #2 - pjctas0822 and SamSpayed defeated JCoulter849 and Wooooopss by a score of 1 UP on the final hole.

It was a real nail-biter... John and Roger went 1 UP on #12 with an eagle and 2 UP on #15 with a 4-footer for birdie.  Paulie and I took advantage of a couple errant shots the next 2 holes to bring it to AS going into the final hole and were fortunate enough to sink a birdie on #18 for the win.  Truly could have gone either way.

Thank you, gentlemen, for a fun match.  Hope to play with you again soon.

• RANGER1988
    1,058 Posts
    Sun, Oct 28 2018 6:14 PM

Thank you Brad for handling all of the concerns, and I concur to all! I have updated the Bracket through this Evening, and I also changed the Header names of the Consolation bracket.

Unfortunately Ken and I were not able to get our Match in with Lehew and Glitlr, we played the Single 9-Hole option both scoring 34, with my work schedule last week we were not able to pin down a solid time with our opponents, due to time zone differences, LeHew and Glitlr have declined to play the Weekly 9-hole option, so out of fairness, Ken and I forfeit the Match as we are pass the Upper Bracket due date!

Thanks again to everyone playing and to everyone helping out here!

Good Luck in the next Matches

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Oct 28 2018 7:45 PM

RANGER1988:
    LeHew and Glitlr have declined to play the Weekly 9-hole option, so out of fairness, Ken and I forfeit the Match

There's nothing fair there.

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Sun, Oct 28 2018 8:40 PM

It occurs to me that people perhaps are still not aware that is a double knock out tournament.  Meaning...you can lose a match in the top bracket and still win the whole dang thing. 

Been feeling like people have been thinking oh well we're in the bottom bracket now, might as well quit.

Just thought it should be clarified to encourage teams not to give up after a loss. 

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Mon, Oct 29 2018 1:13 AM

+1

Plus remembering it's a game.....just a but of fun.

Win...great.

Lose...wish oppos good luck and carry on with life.

• terwyl1
    1,011 Posts
    Mon, Oct 29 2018 10:23 AM

x2.

If the option was in the Rules why are people allowed to side step this? This happens all of the time and individuals should not be allowed to progress as a result.

Having said that it does have to be in the starting rules, and I know there has been some issue with this in recent times.

Todd in SEL is a genuine man , with exemplary manners and he would be the first to concede, but why should he?

• amateur4sure
    2,188 Posts
    Mon, Oct 29 2018 11:25 AM

terwyl1:

x2.

Todd in SEL is a genuine man , with exemplary manners and he would be the first to concede, but why should he?

Well said Terry, Todd is one of the Kindest People you could ever wish to meet, I have known him for a long time and he is a Man that I would follow anywhere.

• pmm711
    5,505 Posts
    Mon, Oct 29 2018 11:26 AM

amateur4sure:

Todd this game will wait, Get yourself right first Brother or else it`s the Basement yeah

+1 and prayers out for healing 100%

That's why you designated assistants...let them handle things while you take care of you.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Oct 29 2018 2:04 PM

pmm711:
    That's why you designated assistants...let them handle things while you take care of you.

That's how chaos is created. 

• ConfusionMaster
    1,642 Posts
    Tue, Oct 30 2018 11:50 AM

The match 

ConfusionMaster & oreBudster v jgr123 & Debrug

Has been scheduled for Sunday 11th Nov at 4pm UK time

Hope this is within the time frame.

Cheers

CM

RSS