Forums

Help › Forums

The Alt-Shot World Challenge

Thu, Oct 17 2019 10:11 PM (632 replies)
  • Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Sat, Oct 6 2018 12:57 PM

amateur4sure:

Kenneth stop stirring the pot and as for Peter, Not sure his *** would fit in the seat :-)

Hmmm anybody ever seen a Blonde Elephant before lol

Chris,

This Is between me & you. Don't tell Peter I shared his pic!

• ujjbnjk
    2,125 Posts
    Sat, Oct 6 2018 1:09 PM

LOL :) 

• giraldin
    3,712 Posts
    Sat, Oct 6 2018 1:34 PM

CEverett12:

Hey guys , I didn't mean to start any problems . I don't take this too serious , Its just a game . I'm here to have fun . I don't mind filling in for members if they cant make it , But if that is a problem then I wont .  Either way is fine by me . 

Topper has done a lot of work organizing this tournament and It should be about fun . I wont play anymore matches until I hear from Topper.  Its his call .  Good Luck & have fun ..

I think I have something to say, since this topic comes from a simple question I have asked. I have not judged anyone, just ask if a player can participate in different rounds with different partners. I think whoever created this tournament has something to say, and that's what I hope for.

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Sat, Oct 6 2018 3:44 PM

What might Topper possibly say?  Seriously, just let it go there's nothing to see here... nothing sinister going on.   We preferred to play vs. getting a FF win; it's not that hard.

• RANGER1988
    1,058 Posts
    Sat, Oct 6 2018 5:28 PM

Okay Folk's, just got in from work after pulling a 12 shift, and seeing this unfold, so the issue is players playing in multiple matches, so last week Casey sent me a message in regards to these matches and asked if this would be okay for him to sub in due to a couple of players not being able to make it for these scheduled Event's, and rather than having a Team move through the bracket with a forfeit, I obliged. I'm pretty sure most Teams would rather play in a match rather than win by forfeit and not have the pleasure of playing in the Event.

So without bringing this situation to a vote, that is the situation at hand. So there were no personal gains to be made here from anyone, it was about getting the matches played by any means necessary, so for any inconveniences that this may have caused I apologize to all of you, and you can put the blame squarely on my shoulders and mine only.

So below are a few of the ground rules that I should have put in place a couple of weeks ago, but we can put in place immediately to carry on:

#1: No more subbing will be allowed from this point forward, Pair's must remain together throughout the rest of the Tournament.

I have also been receiving messages in regards to Teams having trouble getting Matches scheduled due to Time differences and global positioning.

#2:  As a last resort, and a last resort only, if your match cannot possibly get scheduled, then all 4 players will have to play the WGT Weekly 9-hole single play, but all 4 players will have to agree to play it, report scores on this thread. The team that has the lowest combined score will receive the win and move on to the next round. In the event of a tie, the player out of the 4 with the lowest score for the round, that pair will receive the tie-breaker and move on to the next round.

Thank you to YankeeJim for the great idea of our alternate resolution for getting the Matches played and posted, they make easy sense and hopefully this will help as we move forward!

PRIZES, DID SOMEONE SAY PRIZES? Thank you Peter for your very generous gift for our Tournament, very generous!

I will also be updating the first post on the first page with the other surprises that are out there to win!

Thanks for all of you understanding!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Oct 6 2018 5:57 PM

Well done, Top, working the bugs out.  On the tiebreaker, the last resort would be the actual WGT leaderboard-the team with the highest placed player would move on. 

And the WGT weekly is NOT the WGT Nation one, it's the other single play. 14.5 greens on that one should make things interesting.  :-)

• ColumbusStorm
    3,417 Posts
    Sat, Oct 6 2018 7:18 PM

YankeeJim:
    And the WGT weekly is NOT the WGT Nation one, it's the other single play. 14.5 greens on that one should make things interesting.  :-)

So all tiers play 14.5 greens? I thought only Champion tier got the 14.5 greens.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Oct 6 2018 7:19 PM

ColumbusStorm:
    So all tiers play 14.5 greens? I thought only Champion tier got the 14.5 greens.

Never thought about that, you're probably right. I suspect the other tiers would be playing on something faster than what they're used.

• teamonkey
    294 Posts
    Sun, Oct 7 2018 9:36 AM

teamonkey & elsemonica beat selim & george349 3 & 2

Keep up the good work topper!

Phil (teamonkey)

• amateur4sure
    2,195 Posts
    Sun, Oct 7 2018 10:10 AM

Is the Weekly Nation 13 speed greens?

If a champion Tier Player was playing in an A/S with any lower Tier players those players would be playing on 13 greens I believe.

Just a thought Guys, Don`t want to put anyone up against 14 speed unless they like it :-)

RSS