Thu, Oct 17 2019 10:11 PM (632 replies)
  • kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Sat, Oct 6 2018 10:19 AM

+1 amateur4sure well said.  :) 

• wleiss
    6,254 Posts
    Sat, Oct 6 2018 11:07 AM

I asked Casey to be my partner because my partner dropped out. When the vast majority of our Country Club signed up, it was when this thing was supposed to be a team event against other country clubs.  We knew we would have some weak teams, but we figured so would the other clubs. It sounded like fun. As time went by, the tournament turned into a free for all, with anybody who wanted to play being able to play. I'm not sure if you even have to be in the same club to be a team.  That altered the dynamics of the tournament drastically, and interest among some members of our club dropped. My partner wanted out, and I asked Casey to sub for him.  I don't remember seeing anything in the rules to prohibit it, but to be honest, the rules changed so frequently that I might have missed that one. I suppose we should have just dropped out entirely when we saw it was no longer what we signed up for. We certainly aren't trying to cheat anybody out of anything. Once the grid was made, I felt an obligation to play. I no longer feel obligated to play. I am sorry our opponents will have to accept a concession. If sometime in the future an actual club vs. club  Alternate Shot tourney is put together, I'll be there looking to play. If another Alternate Shot Open Tournament is put together, I'm sure that with enough advance warning, our club could put together some very competitive teams. I'll be a spectator for that one of course.  : )

Will

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Sat, Oct 6 2018 11:12 AM

What about the elephant In the room, No prize!,

I'm outta here! ;)

Ken

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Sat, Oct 6 2018 11:13 AM

casey i applaud you for stepping in to try and get this comp moving along but my question is where does it stop,if players do the same and get through do they carry on playing in more than one team,

topper doing his best with this and its early days,its taken me 4 years to get the world cup running smoothly and i am still learning lol.

lets move on and see where this goes but there has to be a cut off line somewhere

• ujjbnjk
    2,124 Posts
    Sat, Oct 6 2018 11:29 AM
    Kenher01:

I'm outta here! ;)

Ken

cant roll witht that...set me up for 30k worth of stuffs from proshop. maybe top 3 payout? whoever run this tournament can send me a mess and we can talk more about it:)
  • Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Sat, Oct 6 2018 11:40 AM

ujjbnjk:
    Kenher01:

I'm outta here! ;)

Ken

cant roll witht that...set me up for 30k worth of stuffs from proshop. maybe top 3 payout? whoever run this tournament can send me a mess and we can talk more about it:)

Panic over Peter, Phew.

Topper sent me a pic of the prize, Ye can take yere bicycle made for two & I'll raise ye an elephant made for two!! 

• ujjbnjk
    2,124 Posts
    Sat, Oct 6 2018 11:45 AM
    Kenher01:

ujjbnjk:
    Kenher01:

I'm outta here! ;)

Ken

Panic over Peter, Phew.

Topper sent me a pic of the prize, Ye can take yere bicycle made for two & I'll raise ye an elephant made for two!! 

lmao:)
  • Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Sat, Oct 6 2018 11:48 AM

ujjbnjk:
    Kenher01:

ujjbnjk:
    Kenher01:

I'm outta here! ;)

Ken

Panic over Peter, Phew.

lmao:)

I'm not sure but I think he might be having me on! ?

• amateur4sure
    2,188 Posts
    Sat, Oct 6 2018 12:10 PM

Kenneth stop stirring the pot and as for Peter, Not sure his *** would fit in the seat :-)

Hmmm anybody ever seen a Blonde Elephant before lol

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Sat, Oct 6 2018 12:46 PM

Hey guys , I didn't mean to start any problems . I don't take this too serious , Its just a game . I'm here to have fun . I don't mind filling in for members if they cant make it , But if that is a problem then I wont .  Either way is fine by me . 

Topper has done a lot of work organizing this tournament and It should be about fun . I wont play anymore matches until I hear from Topper.  Its his call .  Good Luck & have fun ..

RSS