Forums

Help › Forums

The Alt-Shot World Challenge

Thu, Oct 17 2019 10:11 PM (632 replies)
  • CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Sat, Oct 6 2018 8:38 AM

kelsp:
    I know this game is for fun, but to use this as a multi-chance for yourself is an utter travesty!
    kelsp:

Chance for what ?

This is a total and absolute abuse of every speck of decency that a virrtual online golf game accords.Are you seriously defending multiple entries here sir? Have you got no scruples?

I know this game is for fun, but to use this as a multi-chance for yourself is an utter travesty!

I'm surprised this blatant misuse has been allowed by Ranger1988 dear sir.

If this is continued to continue, this is an uneven playing field which I shall not continue to participate in.

Best Regards to all the fine folk in WGT

-kp

If you are referring  to me kp.   You are way off base . Some of our members dropped out or cant make the time frame .  So I offered to fill in for the sake of completing the match . By the way ,  I haven't won a match yet .  There are no prizes .  You should not be concerned about who plays or how many times .  

If you cant make substitutions then the matches would go unfinished . 

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Sat, Oct 6 2018 8:39 AM

i agree with  kp on this,topps has gone out of his way to arrange this alternate,perhaps he made a little mistake in not putting some rules down but cmon you cant play with more than one partner,its taking the p a bit  there,

i know its a fun comp but be fair

finny

ps as to your comment ce,why did these people enter in the first place if they cant commit and its a kick in the teeth to the bloke who organised it

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Sat, Oct 6 2018 8:47 AM

YankeeJim:

CEverett12:
    I hope so because I have filled in for some players .

And the most recent one will take place this Wednesday at 5PM EST. Just verified it with your p.  ;-)

I guess I wont be playing in this tournament anymore Jim .  Some folks are getting upset .

You guys win by forfeit .  Good Luck Guys .

• giraldin
    3,712 Posts
    Sat, Oct 6 2018 9:04 AM

Well, well, well, I think I've uncovered the jar of essences ...... lol.

Today I realized that the same player, is participating with several partners in this tournament, and so I have seen the general forum.

Now it only remains that whoever has created this tournament, make the fairest decisions.

There is nothing personal in all this, it is simply that this tournament is as fair as possible.

giraldin

• kelsp
    2,196 Posts
    Sat, Oct 6 2018 9:26 AM

You did the best you could Mr. Everett but its not your fault that people dropped off. This is not a Country club event like the main world cup was(we and our club dropped out of the Plate championships as I had difficulty in getting firm time commitments from my team's players as the tourney went on and they may have lost all the enthusiasm after many losses, that's just a guess by me).

I appreciate you trying to cover for other players here and not leave anyone hanging but this leaves an uneven playing field in theory(I also appreciate and respect the fact that you're open and honest about this) but that does not change the mathematical reality sadly.

This is not personal at all, appreciate you being forthright as well. Just my opinions FWIW

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Sat, Oct 6 2018 9:40 AM

No problem , Good Luck.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Oct 6 2018 9:53 AM

kelsp:

I'm surprised this blatant misuse has been allowed by Ranger1988 dear sir.

That is a complete misrepresentation of what is going on. The players he is subbing for are from his own CC and given there aren't specific rules laid out-yet-I think he's doing a good thing for the competition-keeping it moving.

This is a friggin first attempt to pull off something that could very well mesh nicely with PaulFinn's WC, coming on the heels of it. Growing pains, ever considered that? FFS, you make like it's the greatest travesty since the 2016 elections.

On top of that, do you really, really think Casey is in this for himself? The same Casey that selflessly gives of his time and efforts in the charity thread he started?

Shame on you for your attitude here, now 3 people don't get to play in the first round of which I am one. Winning by forfeit blows, I'd rather lose outright.

• kelsp
    2,196 Posts
    Sat, Oct 6 2018 10:02 AM

You make of it the way you want to YankeeJim but my words after Everett's reply are more to the fact of praising him than causing him problems(It was an open discussion). You see what you see, I did censure my tone after seeing his response but apparently not you.

P.S. I also made an effort to know Mr Everett(who I did not know before). Just because you may know him does not mean everyone else does. I'm sure he is a fine gentleman who deserves praise but I did try and sent hima friend Req to just talk to him as I too regret making a big todo.

P.P.S. I was Forum-ing under the influence. Won't be doing that anytime soon again. Dropping too many outrage bombs. 🙏

• amateur4sure
    2,188 Posts
    Sat, Oct 6 2018 10:07 AM

I`m not normally one to get involved in this kind of dispute (if you want to call it that)

Topper created this Tournament for fun so can we not keep on track and remember the fun part.

So Casey filled in for somebody who could not play, Maybe Real Life got in the way, It does happen and this being a competition with no Prizes is it really such a big deal.?

Rather than his Team mate miss out meeting new people and having some fun because one person possible had real problems he stepped up to the plate so the other 3 people involved could get together for a game and keep this Great Tournament running smoothly.

I don`t want to sound like I am taking a side here because I am not but I`m fairly sure I am not alone in believing Casey is a Man of integrity and if he actually thought he was breaking a rule (in a fun tournament) he would continue to do so, I think not.

Can we please put this to bed and try to have some fun with Rangers A/S Creation.

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Sat, Oct 6 2018 10:17 AM

Just my .02

It doesn't leave an uneven playing field at all.  Had Casey won the match while "filling in", he wouldn't have been playing the next round, and in fact he's still not playing the next round.  He's not on multiple teams.  If you look at the bottom bracket where the pairing Casey generously filled in on went, its still the original pair.  

Because there are no specific fill in rules, we as the opposing team agreed so we could play.  Simple as that.  

RSS