Forums

Help › Forums

2018 Andyson Memorial Bracket Eliminations

Sat, Oct 13 2018 7:24 AM (207 replies)
  • newcastleb
    1,813 Posts
    Tue, Sep 18 2018 2:07 PM

Twinponds169 & I got it on (finally!) tonight.  He had had a tough, busy day and never really got it going.  I tried to give it away missing a couple of putts, but prevaled in the end.

Another very enjoyable match,  and another name I 'knew' from the forums on staying on my friends list.  Thanks for a good match and natter Jim, no doubt we'll play again soon.

18 Sep
    newcastleb defeated twinponds169 in a 9 hole match play game on PINEHURST NO. 2.
  • twinponds169
    3,018 Posts
    Tue, Sep 18 2018 2:45 PM

Had to be pallbearer at my lifelong best friends moms funeral today, rushed to work to catch up after the gathering, looked up at the clock and realized I had 6 minutes to drive home and get on the pc and set up a pre-arranged match with Thomas who is a 5 hour time difference away with time running out to play our round.

BUT, all that it comes down to is I played like crap and Thomas played very well and came away with a deserved win on the 8th hole. I wish him the best moving forward. Was a fun match and Thomas is a great guy to play with.

I want to thank all involved in keeping the spirit alive, the 3rd Annual Andyson Memorial tournament was a great pleasure and honor to be a part of. A special big thanks to Bill for all the hard work he has put into this, and also to Joe, for keeping a great memento of it alive as well with the ball markers. You guys rock!

TP

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Wed, Sep 19 2018 5:27 AM

twinponds169:
    A special big thanks to Bill for all the hard work he has put into this

+1

Bill did an outstanding job. He kept a steady pace to the tournament which is one of THE hardest things to do in a MP event.

This years director transition from Paulton to shedlite was absolutely flawless.

I truly hope that we will NEVER forget andyson for everything he did. From editor and chief of the WGT Enquirer, to his marvelous handy work with photo shop, to speaking his mind - EVEN IF HE WAS YOUR FRIEND. He put me in my place a few times in the forums in a way that only andyson could. With fact based answers and a respect that NO other player had, no matter if he was in agreement with you or not. You couldn't help but have respect and admiration for a man like Dennis.

TY again to Bill and GL to everyone in the final 8. GAME ON!!!!!!!!

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Wed, Sep 19 2018 11:28 AM

Took an ole friend along to the Home of Golf over the weekend...

Jut thought here was an appropriate place to share the above.

👍

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Wed, Sep 19 2018 12:45 PM

WigerToods2010:

👍

Very nice Johnny -- sweet pics.

Andyson was helping me out not too long ago as well.  On page 5... :)

• gonfission
    2,230 Posts
    Wed, Sep 19 2018 1:14 PM

WigerToods2010:

Indeed it is felicitous

Why, are you not receiving the new & improved ball marker? Guaranteed 1 putt after deployment.

I don't believe there is another marker out in the wild, or conscripted, that can come close to that claim. Why not improve your game, anyway possible? You can only hit a guy with the cart, a couple times, before he's complete rubbish.

Then there's no game at all, left in them.

☢---------------<*{{{{{-(

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Wed, Sep 19 2018 2:06 PM

i just gotta ask ya Johnny, did you make that putt in the pic? Cuz it looks like you moved the  ball a lil' closer from where the marker was.

Doc :)

• dandycap
    1,808 Posts
    Wed, Sep 19 2018 4:48 PM

Thank you Joe (gonfission).   You are highly respected for being a man of your word.    The 2018 ANDYSON MEMORIAL ball marker is hands on real.    It marks the spot.    If Dennis could see it, he would be humbled and happy.

Also, thank you mrcaddie for the great golf card that came with the marker.    What a great momento!

Joe    

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Wed, Sep 19 2018 5:24 PM

dandycap:
    Thank you Joe (gonfission).   You are highly respected for being a man of your word.    The 2018 ANDYSON MEMORIAL ball marker is hands on real.    It marks the spot.    If Dennis could see it, he would be humbled and happy.

dandycap:
    Also, thank you mrcaddie

And I wish to say Thank You .  WGT . after all this game did bring us together !

OPY 

• twinponds169
    3,018 Posts
    Wed, Sep 19 2018 5:25 PM

WigerToods2010:

That is just way too cool! Thanks for sharing!

RSS