Forums

Help › Forums

2018 Andyson Memorial Bracket Eliminations

Sat, Oct 13 2018 7:24 AM (207 replies)
  • conveyorguy
    767 Posts
    Sat, Sep 1 2018 4:28 PM

To put it politely...I got smoked by Tommy, but had a great time nonetheless. I wasn't sure if I'd make it to 15, but made 16 and lost. Great fun, and thanks again Shed for hosting this in memory of our friend. As for Tom, kick ass in round 3 Brother. Cheers, Salud, and Nos Trovia :)

• drmoose
    3,531 Posts
    Sun, Sep 2 2018 8:00 AM

Just finished a very enjoyable round with a fellow NY'er ( Mlevin). The match went pretty much as I expected , Mlevin 5 up, but, had a good chat an' a few laughs, an' early mornin' toast to Dennis, an' a keepsake memory shot. On #15 he hit one to about 4' from the pin with a lil' backspin , it rolled right to the hole lookin' like it was gonna drop, it catches the lip, does a 180 an' hangs on the edge.

Well met & well played Mlevin. Good luck movin' forward. Special thanks to Shedlite an' all for puttin' on this years' Andyson. Once again, it's been a pleasure to participate.

Doc :)

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Sun, Sep 2 2018 8:35 AM
    02 Sep
    kavvz defeated garyk49 in a 9 hole match play game on MERION GOLF CLUB.

Just hit them around with Gary and enjoyed the game very much.  Gary had a bad case of the misdings, and a very UL putt on the last.

We tipped our coffee's to Andyson (was a little early for the other stuff yet), and we have a fun game.
    Cheers!
    brad
  • garyk49
    2,311 Posts
    Sun, Sep 2 2018 8:36 AM

Match with Kavvz pretty much as I expected.  He rightly won.  I wasn't even close to being in the match this morning.

Top it off, It could of gone at least one more hole, but had a putt spin 270 degrees and rest half in the hole.  Nope it didn't drop.

Kavvz advances.

• Beryman
    9,084 Posts
    Sun, Sep 2 2018 1:53 PM

02 Sep
    Beryman defeated MioKontic in a 9 hole match play game on MERION GOLF CLUB.

was really nice to see Mio again, we hadn`t played for several years
    Thanks for the match Mio...see you again sometime hopefully
  • 19cltc67
    3,296 Posts
    Sun, Sep 2 2018 2:20 PM

19cltc67 Vs glpark

played greg, his putter was so ul on loads of shots

plus sank a exl shot on the 15th, cheers for the round greg, wp and ul

i held on and won 2up...

02 Sep
    19cltc67 defeated glpark in a 9 hole match play game on MERION GOLF CLUB.
    bill
  • Leggoman13
    8,251 Posts
    Sun, Sep 2 2018 3:26 PM
    1,280 Posts
    08-22-2018 4:32 PM

I finally secured the maker of the markers, to a price yesterday.

It will be done in 3 weeks. I should have them by then, according to the maker.

I want to state something here & now.

Send accolades his way. He has been very helpful in imparting the information that I needed, to carry this out this year. So send Wayne some lovin........

Also Opyeuclid has added his presence, to help with the postage costs. Send some more lovin to Opy. 

So, I'm going to need addresses. All who completed the first two rounds shall be recipients of the new and improved ball marker. Also, a surprise.....

You can send me an invite & I'll give you a G-mail account to keep your info private from these servers, cough, cough, if you know what I mean.

Your privacy is paramount with me. I can't believe I'm doing this myself.

Everything shall be deleted once the markers have been sent. So please get it right the first time. If you want to use some obscure name, I'm good with that as well

• Buddbirdie
    496 Posts
    Mon, Sep 3 2018 4:58 AM

EagleEmily did me in 2 up. Very smooth and kind player. Thanks Emiliy it was great to meet you.

Buddbirdie

• EagleEmiIy
    443 Posts
    Mon, Sep 3 2018 4:59 AM

Thanks Budd, very nice to play you and a very close game going down to the last. All the best for there future hun. 

Em x

• Mlevin
    775 Posts
    Mon, Sep 3 2018 6:49 AM

drmoose:

Just finished a very enjoyable round with a fellow NY'er ( Mlevin). The match went pretty much as I expected , Mlevin 5 up, but, had a good chat an' a few laughs, an' early mornin' toast to Dennis, an' a keepsake memory shot. On #15 he hit one to about 4' from the pin with a lil' backspin , it rolled right to the hole lookin' like it was gonna drop, it catches the lip, does a 180 an' hangs on the edge.

Thanks for the game, Bill. It was great to meet you and spend a late Sunday morning playing our match ... cocktails in hand in honor of Dennis.  

Cheers, Marc

RSS