Forums

Help › Forums

2018 Andyson Memorial Bracket Eliminations

Sat, Oct 13 2018 7:24 AM (207 replies)
  • bigcountry317
    4,269 Posts
    Mon, Aug 27 2018 8:44 AM

amateur4sure:
    Amateur4sure - BigCountry317 Well Aaron and I got our game on for Dennis earlier Today and in true fashion we went out there for a blast, It was a toss up whether to play the nude nutz or our normal balls, Totally irrelevant because we played this for fun and by hell Dennis would have had some fun watching us... We were both convinced Dennis was messing with us.. :-) A fun packed game with a superb person and player in Aaron, Some awesome shots and some ahem Dennis shots made it all the more fun. We had a blast and raised a glass on every hole (may not have been the best idea in drinking the full glass each time but what the heck) Such a shame that myself and Aaron had to meet again after playing the first round together but we made a pact that it was all for fun regardless. Hats off to Dennis and to help in creating new friends, Friends that have the same priorities and enjoy this game for what it is.. A game.. Thanks so much Aaron, Quality fun with a Wonderful bloke and can`t wait for our next outing.... Top notch Sir.. A4S scrapes through a Toss up game with two mates..

Was a fun round indeed Chris, well played bud!  Best of luck moving forward in the comp and a tip of the hat to the organizers on a job well done!

Cheers all, good luck!

• drmoose
    3,531 Posts
    Mon, Aug 27 2018 1:17 PM

Just finished a very enjoyable round with duda51, a class act and very good player. Results,

duda wins 4 up, but, here's where it gets a lil' different ( I think this may be a first ). Due to

time constraints, he's asked me to move on for him to the next round, as he's not sure when he'll get to play again. We may need a judges' ruling on this as I don't believe it's happened before. 

After our match, he suggested another round which we played at St. A's. Great fun, good conversation, a glass raised in honor of Dennis ... an' the same results. duda51 wins 4 up, lol. I really must practice my putting. Cheers duda, well met & well played.

Doc :)

• Leggoman13
    8,252 Posts
    Mon, Aug 27 2018 4:12 PM

Just a reminder

1,277 Posts
    08-22-2018 4:32 PM

I finally secured the maker of the markers, to a price yesterday.

It will be done in 3 weeks. I should have them by then, according to the maker.

So, I'm going to need addresses. All who completed the first two rounds shall be recipients of the new and improved ball marker. Also, a surprise.....

You can send me an invite & I'll give you a G-mail account to keep your info private from these servers, cough, cough, if you know what I mean.

Your privacy is paramount with me. I can't believe I'm doing this myself.

Everything shall be deleted once the markers have been sent. So please get it right the first time. If you want to use some obscure name, I'm good with that as well

• Shedlite
    917 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2018 9:51 PM

!!!!!!!!!!!ATTENTION ALL PLAYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have 2 weeks to play your match failure to do so will result in one player being chosen at random. I don't want to do that again. If you are having issues and can not play withdraw so the tournament can move forward. I should not have to post reminders on your wall to play.

Thanks

Bill (Shedlite)

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2018 3:14 AM

Shedlite:

!!!!!!!!!!!ATTENTION ALL PLAYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have 2 weeks to play your match failure to do so will result in one player being chosen at random. I don't want to do that again. If you are having issues and can not play withdraw so the tournament can move forward. I should not have to post reminders on your wall to play.

Thanks

Bill (Shedlite)

Thank you Bill for everything you have done and are continuing to do. You are doing an OUTSTANDING job.

As for players not getting their matches played and being eliminated by a random draw  - it is what I use to do alll the time in our club MP's. 

One thing I learned - you will NEVER please everyone with whatever decisions you need to make in order to keep a tournament running in full stride.

Again, I THANK YOU for a "perfectly" organized and coordinated community tournament. 

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2018 3:18 AM

• jason01291
    411 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2018 3:26 AM

Reason u see me play everyday is I play more on mobile

My laptop got damaged and had to wait for it to get replaced

I was available for the last two days to play but couldn't get glpark to play my match

Sorry for the inconvenience  caused

Cheers to all your efforts putting up great tournament in memory of Dennis

Goodluck to GLPARK for the next round 👍

• DufferJohn7
    3,561 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2018 10:57 AM

What an enjoyable morning wandering about on the back 9 of Merion with Will (wleiss).  We went back and forth trading good and not so good shots and had a great chat while doing it.  In the end I emerged with a 1 up win playing the full 9 holes. The win was great the fun was better!

Will, thanks for a great round and fun time.

Have fun and hit 'em straight,

John

• wleiss
    6,254 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2018 11:11 AM

Thanks for an enjoyable round John. Neither one of really could figure out those treacherous Merion greens, but we had fun. The kinda fun only Nutmeggers (or former Nutmeggers) can have. Whatever that means. Good luck in your next match. I'll be on the sidelines keeping track of things. Thanks Shedlite, and all the other Andyson Memorial volunteers. I had a real good time and met some nice folks. Andyson Lives! In the memories of those who knew him.

DufferJohn7:

What an enjoyable morning wandering about on the back 9 of Merion with Will (wleiss).  We went back and forth trading good and not so good shots and had a great chat while doing it.  In the end I emerged with a 1 up win playing the full 9 holes. The win was great the fun was better!

Will, thanks for a great round and fun time.

Have fun and hit 'em straight,

John

Will

• garyk49
    2,311 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2018 11:17 AM

Now all I have to do is figure out how to beat a 56 ave Champ. on the b9 of Merion.

Maybe Dennis will help, on the worst course here to putt on.

RSS