The Brian "Shovlovin" Shovlin memorial inter cc

Fri, Aug 24 2018 1:54 AM (60 replies)
  • Phippo20040
    104 Posts
    Sun, Aug 19 2018 4:42 AM

Hopefully playing my game against dewi on Monday at 7.30 pm UK

I will be streaming it on twitch phippo2004 

Sounds like there has been so great fun matches so far 

Although I did not know shov I had heard of him and it seems he was a top bloke and I feel proud to be playing in this memorial tournament in his honour 

I will raise a glass of whatever I can find at the back of the cupboard in his memory 

• Billd1994
    18 Posts
    Sun, Aug 19 2018 12:58 PM

Played match with Lee today....got outa bed early and played a practice round....didn't look good, but when the invite came I was ready.
    Jumped out to a quick 3 up lead not so much cause I hit the ball well, but Lee was having wicked putter troubles this morning. Gave the cc on 4 and then won 2 more to make the turn at 4 up.
    Putting woes continued for Lee, but there were flashes of magnificence in his approaches including an eagle 2 on the 11th. I was able to hang on to take the match 4 up 16.

Had a good time and enjoyed the spin. Looking forward to whacking it about with him again

• bery111
    3,859 Posts
    Mon, Aug 20 2018 2:28 AM

Pip, I like the way you've listed the result of the fixture between me and Finny as "WIN"! lmfao

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Mon, Aug 20 2018 6:01 AM

LOL Berry, think Pip was being kind as well 

We know it was 1 UP to Finny [cough cough]

• bery111
    3,859 Posts
    Mon, Aug 20 2018 6:16 AM

bubbsboy:

LOL Berry, think Pip was being kind as well 

We know it was 1 UP to Finny [cough cough]

lmao as was obvious, I wasn't seeing the putts too well and that final score did look like a 1 ! lol

• Phippo20040
    104 Posts
    Mon, Aug 20 2018 1:21 PM

Copied from sells proboards 

Just had the pleasure of playing my match with dewi we had a good old Chat while sampling some different brews

I started slowly just missing birdie putt on the first and then missing par putt on 2nd to find myself 2 down after 2 holes

We then proceeded to take it in turns to miss putts until I finally sunk one on the 6th and then again on the 7th to level the match

dewi then won the 8th and followed that with a great eagle on the 9th to make the turn 2 up

We both had some shots that left us a bit puzzled and then there would be the odd dart thrown unfortunately for me when I threw a dart dewi would sink his putts

I won the 10th and the 12th to get back to a/s

Dewi won the 13th and 16th to go Cormier

Managed to scrape a win on 17 to take it up 18, dean's approach was about 7-8feet away I got mine to 4 foot but dewi sank a nice putt to take the win on the 18th

Really enjoyed the game with dewi and although the golf was not great at times I would like to think tht shov would of appreciated the spirit the game was played in

Thanks to everyone involved in the organisation of this friendly competition 

R.I.P SHOV 

• pipala
    887 Posts
    Mon, Aug 20 2018 3:01 PM

bery111:

Pip, I like the way you've listed the result of the fixture between me and Finny as "WIN"! lmfao

Lmao ;)

• bery111
    3,859 Posts
    Tue, Aug 21 2018 4:01 AM

Phippo20040:

Really enjoyed the game with dewi and although the golf was not great at times I would like to think tht shov would of appreciated the spirit the game was played in

Exactly that! Well said mate! :)

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Tue, Aug 21 2018 5:53 AM

bery111:

was closer than the score really bez,we will say that

• Quakeyyyyy2003
    292 Posts
    Tue, Aug 21 2018 12:04 PM

Had a lovely game with Justripit1 (Kat), lovely lady and a great player and I got well and truly whooped ......But I had great fun, which is what it was all about, a fun game played with loads of Amigo spirit and the odd glass of merlot, just how bosstwat liked the game to be.

Big hellos to all my friends at SEL 

Q

RSS