Forums

Help › Forums

The Brian "Shovlovin" Shovlin memorial inter cc

Fri, Aug 24 2018 1:54 AM (60 replies)
  • Justripit1
    21 Posts
    Tue, Aug 21 2018 12:06 PM

Quakeyyyyy2003 (Anita) and I played our match and had a awesome time. She is a very sweet person and a fine player. Looking forward the AS games in the future :)

Thank you to the organizers for setting this up. I didn't know Brian but he sounds like a great guy    /cheers

Justripit1 wins

• pipala
    887 Posts
    Tue, Aug 21 2018 12:20 PM

Well done Kat and Anita, I had a feeling you two would get along :).

Oh and Anita, word is some wine went missing from yours a few nights ago, now i'm not one to snitch on my mates so I concur there is no way Harry could have drank it all. I think that's what he told me to say anyway lol

• harry3putt1
    1,167 Posts
    Tue, Aug 21 2018 12:32 PM

Slaps Pipski with a wet lettuce.

How can you blame it on me when it was you who reached out and stole my bottle of red.

Then you had the cheek to ask for another once your glass was empty.

I was only drinking tea cos i didny wanna fall asleep in our game ;)

Now that is what i told you to say pfffffft lol

• bery111
    3,859 Posts
    Wed, Aug 22 2018 2:45 AM

Harry, I made sure Finny didn't reach the 17th during our game & find Shov's stash after a wayward drive! :D

• Shedlite
    917 Posts
    Wed, Aug 22 2018 11:08 AM

ok not our best outings we played it tight through front 9 me leading 1up at turn. Then slightly better approaches and i won a few holes finished 4up on 15

shedlite wins over supermeelie

• harry3putt1
    1,167 Posts
    Wed, Aug 22 2018 11:24 AM

Haha Bery.  Pip & me did reach the 17th and we both went in the bunker to find the stash. We fired up a BBQ opened the bottles and had a real good time. We staggered down the 18th held up by our caddies. After numerous attempts to hit the ball our caddies gave up in despair. They called us TWATS and walked off.  Pfffft we wanted to finish but we had no clubs lol

• bery111
    3,859 Posts
    Wed, Aug 22 2018 12:48 PM

All games completed except Macca's one! I'm going to ask him to pull his finger out! 😂

• bery111
    3,859 Posts
    Thu, Aug 23 2018 7:27 AM

harry3putt1:

Haha Bery.  Pip & me did reach the 17th and we both went in the bunker to find the stash. We fired up a BBQ opened the bottles and had a real good time. We staggered down the 18th held up by our caddies. After numerous attempts to hit the ball our caddies gave up in despair. They called us TWATS and walked off.  Pfffft we wanted to finish but we had no clubs lol

I think the final straw for them was when you and Pip decided to put the mountain climbing gear on to get out of the Valley of Sin! :D

• pipala
    887 Posts
    Thu, Aug 23 2018 9:53 AM

Haha love it.

Paul and Macca played earlier so that concludes this little friendly. I think we'll all agree the result was always going to be secondary in this one, we just wanted to put something together in memory of Shov and what better way than some old friends getting together and having some fun.

Thank you to everyone that got involved in this one, great fun was had by all and the match was played in the great spirit in which it was intended. Our forum is full of great match reports and friendly words in respect of our old friends at The Amigos, thank you very much guys I think we did Shov proud.

A big thank you to Bery for your help in putting this together and also thank you to my old mucker Harry for the wine the opportunity to catch up and have a laugh..

Until next time our very best wishes from everyone at SEL to our old friends The Amigos

Pip

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Thu, Aug 23 2018 11:45 AM

pipala:

To Brian

RIP.

RSS