Forums

Help › Forums

The Brian "Shovlovin" Shovlin memorial inter cc

Fri, Aug 24 2018 1:54 AM (60 replies)
  • pipala
    887 Posts
    Thu, Aug 16 2018 3:59 PM

Lol great game Bubbs and Terry.

Shov has built a fortress around the 17th hole, nothing is going in there. Just like my second wife...........

It's my birthday Sunday so there's half a chance I will be just getting home from Sat night when Finny and Bery tee off so best of luck guys, if I do manage to tune in there may be some typos.

Great stuff so far everyone, Shov would be proud x

• bobbird88
    223 Posts
    Fri, Aug 17 2018 12:38 AM

Happy Birthday for Sunday Pip!

Yes you're so right, Shov would be chuffed with all this.

And apart from his many personal attributes, Shov welcomed all and sundry, while managing to play countless rounds, introducing people in a game that he truly loved, as we all do, in between the swearing lol. He continued to do this right up until his final days even amid dire health issues, I remember telling him about some of my health issues, but little did I know, they paled in comparison. Shov is still bringing people together in this game, as evident with our fun tournament in memory of the top man and class act who managed to make us all laugh, regardless of the situation.

x

• bery111
    3,859 Posts
    Fri, Aug 17 2018 12:48 AM

pipala:

Lol great game Bubbs and Terry.

Shov has built a fortress around the 17th hole, nothing is going in there. Just like my second wife...........

It's my birthday Sunday so there's half a chance I will be just getting home from Sat night when Finny and Bery tee off so best of luck guys, if I do manage to tune in there may be some typos.

Great stuff so far everyone, Shov would be proud x

I'm looking forward to Sunday! Watch out for some fun on the 5th if I get a prevailing tail wind off the tee - I enjoy a long putt on that green, but I'm going to be using my least favourite laptop so anything could happen! :) And if we get that far, Finny and I will enjoy a couple of birdies on the 17th, just watch us! :D

I'll try and keep twitch open and logged in so I can make some suitable comments during our match.

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Fri, Aug 17 2018 4:52 AM

Have fun Finny and Berry. May be able to watch a bit of it but ive got an early date with the pub as going to the match on Sunday.....

• bery111
    3,859 Posts
    Fri, Aug 17 2018 6:15 AM

bubbsboy:

Have fun Finny and Berry. May be able to watch a bit of it but ive got an early date with the pub as going to the match on Sunday.....

The way I'm playing you're going to reach the pub 2 hours before it opens mate! lmao

• PEnglish3
    117 Posts
    Fri, Aug 17 2018 3:32 PM

paul english beats eparkins 2 up

had a great spin with eddie, great chat and great fun, result didnt matter.

we both started slow but then we both hit a birdie run. lucky for me i manage to hold a couple more putts. 

pleasure to of met u eddie, credit to your club and to shov 

i did twitch the match, as we had not pinned down a time i didnt advertise it. if u wish to watch it, go to my channel and watch my latest video

https://www.twitch.tv/paulenglish3

• TdotDoba
    2,154 Posts
    Sat, Aug 18 2018 1:50 AM

good luck on Sunday, it's 3am for me, so probably wont be up... this has been really fun and enjoyed it... Cheers Shov

• bery111
    3,859 Posts
    Sun, Aug 19 2018 1:17 AM

Not sure what the score between me and Finny was I wasn't seeing too well apparently!!!! lmao

Well it was an early start, thought that might help my cause but I now know that Paul is an early bird. We had Bubbs and Newcastleb watching us on Twitch. Finny won 7&5 - just couldn't get my putting going on the 7 to 10ft putts. The caddy may or may not have changed my club on the 11th - 162 yard full bs with the ball I use shouldn't fly 195yards!

Enjoyed the match and shared a few stories about Brian over a cup of tea. I made sure we didn't reach the 17th as I know where the Merlot is & we can't have SEL finding it by accident! :D

Cheers for the match Finny, next time it will be closer as I'm going to "borrow" my work PC! lol

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Sun, Aug 19 2018 1:44 AM

yes it was a great spin  with beza,the score doesnt really matter we raised our mugs of tea and toasted shuvs,i think he sneaked the wrong club to bez on 11 just to take the mick lol,there was a couple on watching even bubbs tuned in,shame there wasnt more as there was a few sellers/amigos knocking about but perhaps we didnt broadcast it enough or it was too early for some lol

still it was a relaxing sunday morning game of golf thx bez and yes mate the putting needs addressing lol

finny

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sun, Aug 19 2018 2:50 AM

Yeah watched a bit whilst slapping the brut on ready for my beer breakfast afor watching the mighty mackems at three bells.

Posting whilst having it now.....gonna be messy. :-)

Great fun lads....as I was watching on phone I could not see much. Except I could swear I seen Brian lurking in the bushes on 11th. ;-)

RSS