Forums

Help › Forums

WGT LOSING A LOT PLAYERS

Fri, Aug 17 2018 10:18 AM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • 12thFret
    168 Posts
    Thu, Aug 9 2018 6:04 AM

Hi, We are all getting tired of playing the same courses. it was before WGT was sold to others, every year there would be a new course or talk of a new course. Erin hills is the only new course. 

it's time for a new course or at least give us back Oakmont.

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Thu, Aug 9 2018 8:01 AM
  • Greenblood44
    1 Posts
    Thu, Aug 9 2018 9:34 AM

It maybe losing players probably because the game is not that good of a golf game. To many game play issues ( such as jumping swing meter for example) to be considered a high quality game. Ad driven model and way to high priced to get clubs you can win with. The game is about a 6 out of 10 at best.

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Thu, Aug 9 2018 11:32 AM

Really looking forward to it, will be something different for sure.

2 pin placements Champ......or cant you say ;-)

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Thu, Aug 9 2018 2:17 PM

Call me a pessimist, but there's a lot of rock at Wolf Creek, and when a wayward shot hits that...

When Wolf Creek does go live, maybe we should have a dedicated thread for it with an extra strong swear filter, hehe.

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Thu, Aug 9 2018 2:38 PM

Im sure the experts will have the protractors out Scott, nice little bounce off and it kicks onto the green.

Where as mine will end up back on the tee box ;-)

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Thu, Aug 9 2018 3:14 PM

bubbsboy:
    Where as mine will end up back on the tee box ;-)
    That would be a replay worth watching!  ; )

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Thu, Aug 9 2018 3:35 PM

bubbsboy:

Really looking forward to it, will be something different for sure.

2 pin placements Champ......or cant you say ;-)

Haven't been told for sure. I would suspect it will have one pin placement seeing as it's been a while since we released a course with multiple placements. 

_CHAMPION 

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Thu, Aug 9 2018 3:56 PM
    OK Champ, cheers. Glad you being honest but take cover ;-)
  • el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Thu, Aug 9 2018 4:06 PM

WGTChampion:
    I would suspect it will have one pin placement seeing as it's been a while since we released a course with multiple placements. 

participated in a CTTH on faster green speeds there, and if this is going to be typical when I thought I hit a good shot 3yards long that would stay on the top shelf... look out... there will be some unhappy campers... : ) 

I tried a variety of shot types and this was not an uncommon result... I think I got maybe 1 or 2 out of 15 or 20 attempts to stay on the back shelf... I started trying to go long to catch the rough just so it was stay closer and be a better score despite missing the green rather than running back over and nearly off the front of the green.  just nuts!!!

guess this is the kind of things that had the pros screaming unfair at Shinnecock!  Enjoy

• PAGES
RSS