Sun, Sep 15 2019 3:55 PM (47 replies)
  • Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Tue, Jul 31 2018 8:21 AM

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jul 31 2018 9:38 AM

Robert1893:
    (for example, almost exclusively playing a single course that can be relatively easy like the front 9 of St. Andrews). 

The latter is how I initially tiered up.

Heh, same here but it was either that, mismapped greens Kiawah or butt-kicking BPB (with starter stuff.) LOL, was all that was here. Didn't help, though, because the tier system got revamped and I got stuck at TM while most of my buds were christened Legends.  ;-)

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Tue, Jul 31 2018 3:07 PM

sure  yu'll get better.  who doesn't with more pratice, until you plateau out and can only feed your wgt habit buy still buying more, newer, more expensive equipment, etc.....in other words - follow the money.....my nickle

• LEDzZzEPP
    501 Posts
    Tue, Jul 31 2018 3:13 PM

Just curious...there are another player who play from Legend tee with a 270 Driver & starter balls?  (as me)

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Tue, Jul 31 2018 8:04 PM

I'm just curious how the op can label anyone as a "cheater" ?  This game is set up for anyone, to play anyway that they want, to achieve their own personal goals.  If someone got to the champion tier by playing red tees, so be it, but it isn't cheating, no rules were broken!  Will he be able to compete, maybe not, but hes not a cheater! Does he have alot of work ahead of him, yes he does! 

• Rushore100
    29 Posts
    Wed, Aug 1 2018 8:28 AM

Well, it opens you up to playing tournaments that you couldn't before.  There are champions-only tournaments that are worth some big credits.  However, you'll be playing some VERY good competition.

• SauloMagno
    57 Posts
    Wed, Aug 1 2018 10:54 PM

hvghghffhb:

Have to ask...

Why should I go up a tier, or even try?

Do I gain new "skills" that give me better distance, and accuracy? Meter speed? Or does it just move me back on the tee boxes?

Can anyone illustrate that if they tell me yes, that is the case? You get better "this that and the other"?

Why the heck would I keep trying to get to higher tiers if all it does is move me back on tee boxes? 

Why wouldn't I just stay where I am at, and get to level 97+ and get the best equipment???? Who wants to give up distance just to satisfy my "ego" with a title???

Anyone? Bueller???

Well my goal is to get to Champion and in the 6 months that I've really played, I'm already a Tour Master.

Precisely yesterday I won $ 50 and was 2nd in the Monthly Masters tournament that I had registered before advancing Tier.

I am sure that if I were still a Master, I would win many more tournaments (and credits), but I would not be competing with players of my level. It would be unethical, I think.

In that leaderboard I saw players still in Master who have won + $ 200 in prizes. Either they are sandbaggers, or they are multi-accounts or they are cheaters.

Personally I prefer to be among the 50 best of my true level than among the top 5 scamming inferior players.

"Honesty", I think it's called.

• dschlapman
    71 Posts
    Tue, Aug 7 2018 1:54 PM

Speaking only for myself. 625 Days + L100 + Legend, 

The biggest mistake I made was in making Legend.  I should have told my caddy to fill my bag with sand and stayed a Tour Master.  Game was more fun and I could actually beat other players. Now I just play skins games with cheap balls to fill in my spare time.

• adaputter
    1,954 Posts
    Tue, Aug 7 2018 3:16 PM

i know a lot of red tee champions do i call them out ?

no.. why not ? this game game you get out what you put in....

i will not play for money with them tho

play well hit em good

• Dneirf
    417 Posts
    Wed, Aug 8 2018 6:30 AM

RSS