Forums

Help › Forums

Call out

Sat, Feb 1 2020 4:39 PM (58 replies)
  • ahsiab
    40 Posts
    Tue, Jul 12 2011 9:18 AM

odaddy68:

It's easy to talk tough when you're playing the ladies tees.  play from the legend tees and any one of us would play you for any amount of credits you'd be willing to part with.

You're right "Tough guy", but you lack the confidence to take him on as the offer stands. You are a "legend" with experience playing at that level, but you expect him to compete at your level with no experience. Yeah, It's easy to talk tough when you ain't gonna do anything about it, or can't!

• KingOfTheCourse
    419 Posts
    Tue, Jul 12 2011 9:35 AM

This sounds a lot like something I watched a while back, like Tiger said after "I think he understands now." 

Enjoy your future OP

• JeffSpicoli1
    88 Posts
    Tue, Jul 12 2011 12:25 PM

Heisman12:

Perhaps you should have stuck with your original ID then?

I don't care if people start over, that's your right (sort of......right WGT?).  However, using the message boards to get a $ game seems a bit of a hustle.

Original ID? I do not understand what you are trying to tell me. 

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Tue, Jul 12 2011 12:35 PM

Fair play to you Jeff. At no point have you been cocky or said you were gonna win. Just simply wanted a chance to play the best.

Any person in the world that plays a sport would wanna have a go at the best in the game.

How many real golfers would wanna chance to play Rory after his US open win. Hell i'd play him for 10bucks, which lets face it, thats all 1000 credits is. Yeah Rory would whip my ass but 10bucks is a cheap fee to pay for that kind of experience.

• odaddy68
    118 Posts
    Tue, Jul 12 2011 12:40 PM

I never turned down any offer.  I'm simply pointing out the ridiculousness of calling people out by saying you can play at their level, then offering a situation that clearly favors the challenger.

if an amateur called out Rory McIlroy, then offered to play a match at congressional with the benefit of a much shorter course, would you take them seriously?  of course not.

• Heisman12
    102 Posts
    Tue, Jul 12 2011 12:57 PM

JeffSpicoli1:

Well Spicoli, and I apologize in advance if I'm mistaken, but your profile might lead one to suspect that you had played this game before.  When someone shoots under par in their very first few rounds, it is somewhat suspicious.

Hey, you might just be that talented and have figured out the game much more quickly than I did.  My experience is that EVERYONE struggles when they first try this game.  You, apparently, did not. 

Draw your own conclusions.  I've drawn mine, right or wrong, but if I'm right, then you are pretending to be something other than what you appear and to do so for monetary (or credit) gain is what I would call a hustle.

Again, apologies if I'm wrong.  It's nothing personal.

• DKMF1
    40 Posts
    Tue, Jul 12 2011 4:38 PM

Heisman12:

JeffSpicoli1:

Well Spicoli, and I apologize in advance if I'm mistaken, but your profile might lead one to suspect that you had played this game before.  When someone shoots under par in their very first few rounds, it is somewhat suspicious.

Hey, you might just be that talented and have figured out the game much more quickly than I did.  My experience is that EVERYONE struggles when they first try this game.  You, apparently, did not. 

Draw your own conclusions.  I've drawn mine, right or wrong, but if I'm right, then you are pretending to be something other than what you appear and to do so for monetary (or credit) gain is what I would call a hustle.

Again, apologies if I'm wrong.  It's nothing personal.

Completely agree with this post!!! Jeff you have a legend who took your challenge offer and said to post on his wall if you accept,,,,,,haven't seen the post yet..

• suncity28
    1,266 Posts
    Tue, Jul 12 2011 7:42 PM

I did put the offer in 24 hours ago.

If he was keen he would have accepted. (no response tells me not interested) All good.

Best of luck.

PS: If you are wanting to play the 2 or 3 people I think I no who you would like to take you up on your challenge (MP Tournament called HUSTLE) 2000 credits per match tournament is the tournament to sign up for. (even then you may not get to play those 3 or 4 depending on draw) 

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Tue, Jul 12 2011 8:24 PM

Count me in Spicoli.....would love to play

• JeffSpicoli1
    88 Posts
    Tue, Jul 12 2011 11:50 PM

jakestanfill7:

Count me in Spicoli.....would love to play

Good deal. I will try to set it up in the next couple days. 

And to all others thanks for advice or other words of encouragement as all this is, is a chance for myself to play these greats. Win or lose the experience alone is worth it. 

Also for everyone to know. I have never had a previous account and have never cheated in any way. I do not have some plan to scam a player or anything close to that. Just a straight forward challenge. 

Thanks everyone

RSS