Help › Forums

Wolf Creek

Mon, Jan 7 2019 12:13 PM (84 replies)
  • bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sat, Oct 20 2018 3:49 AM

I agree.

Just done 12 week schedule for club.

Swapped a few courses about. Changed a few winds and green speeds but that's about it.

I don't speak for all but my time is about done.

I have a yearly event that finishes after Autumn 12 week tour.....and then that will be it in large.

Years now and gone stale with limited variety.

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Sat, Oct 20 2018 9:38 AM

bubbsboy:
    Years now and gone stale with limited variety

I like to relate these scenarios to RL and three things immediately come to mind...

• You move into a new state or city.  You find the closest Catholic church and start attending.  The priest starts repeating homilies & sermons after some years but you're not moving anytime soon.  Do you stop attending church because it's become "stale"?
    • You're 22 years old and just finished college.  You decide to marry the love of your life now that you can dedicate the time to her and starting a family.  Well you know...the words "'til death us do part".  Talk about lack of variety after saying "I do".  Do you ever leave the marriage because it's simply become "stale"?

• Your career is budding and you're granted a big fat raise.  The invite to join the local country club is looking really good now and you become a member.  After the 2nd year you know every starter and marshal by name, their wife's name, their children's names, where they like to eat and vacation, when they vacation...you know every single bump on every single hole...you know every pin location and where to land on every green based on that pin...you know which members use a "foot wedge" or "hand throw out of a trap while also tossing some sand" and which ones play 100% honest...you know the best holes on which to find lost balls...you know what hole you're playing by the homes nearby or the person you see in the yards...you know every bartender, host/hostess, waitstaff worker, and manager by their first and last names and they know yours as well...and the bartender knows what time you tee'd off and has your fave drink waiting for you when your round is done. Do you join another country club because the course has simply become "stale"?

Wolf Creek...looking forward to it WHENEVER it's ready.  I'd rather them NOT RUSH it out.  I hope they've learned a thing or two, done their due diligence, and its release is truly going to blow us away.

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sat, Oct 20 2018 12:14 PM

1. Not religious

2. Been married once and i still am.

3. Only been member of one golf course, back surgery means ive stopped playing.

The three scenarios have nothing to do with choice to cut down on playing A GAME . Very strange.

Think WGT commentary has gone to your head.

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Sat, Oct 20 2018 1:02 PM

bubbsboy:
    The three scenarios have nothing to do with choice to cut down on playing A GAME . Very strange.

If you don't see the analogy then you sure won't see the exemplum.

bubbsboy:
    but my time is about done

So you've already changed your decision from "my time is about done" to "cut down on playing".  I guess the game isn't "stale" to you after all.  I guess I also shouldn't compare you to all the others who threaten to quit the game one day and continue playing on the same day they write these things and are still here months and months and months later.  You'll never leave no matter how "stale" the game appears to you.  There's nothing else out there that compares...you know it...and we all know it.

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sat, Oct 20 2018 1:23 PM

pmm711:

I guess the game isn't "stale" to you after all.  

Oops, sorry i must be wrong, here i am thinking it had gone stale .

Ive cut right down on my playing over the last 5 or 6 weeks, to generally 7 x 9 hole rounds per week. Thats 1 a day on average by the way.....and handed club ownership over.

I did state after 12 week Autumn Tour my time would be about done.

And nothing out there compares you say, hope you mean GAME wise.

Think you need to stop telling folk how they live their lives.....in the GAME that is.

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sat, Oct 20 2018 1:27 PM

bubbsboy:

I agree.

Just done 12 week schedule for club.

Swapped a few courses about. Changed a few winds and green speeds but that's about it.

I don't speak for all but my time is about done.

I have a yearly event that finishes after Autumn 12 week tour.....and then that will be it in large.

Years now and gone stale with limited variety.

Main points in bold.. if thats ok.

• RANGER1988
    1,058 Posts
    Sat, Oct 20 2018 2:53 PM

Bubb’s, I’m surprised Paul didn’t create a Top Ten List of why you think the game went stale?

Paul you really don’t need to pick an argument with something someone says Man, don’t see the need for it!

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Mon, Oct 22 2018 1:48 AM

pmm711:

• You move into a new state or city.  You find the closest Catholic church and start attending.  The priest starts repeating homilies & sermons after some years but you're not moving anytime soon.  Do you stop attending church because it's become "stale"?

Seriously?  What a ridiculous post to make in a World where religion is optional.

Dear WGT, please can we have a *SLAP* button?

• terwyl1
    1,011 Posts
    Mon, Oct 22 2018 2:40 AM

Really the WGT Forums are becoming more of a joke day by day. I do not read very much, because like many others we have to sift through the C*** that appears to find anything informative, or of substance. Trouble is you never quite know if you might miss something if you do not look.

Could WGT not force these confrontational people to use PMs rather than subject us all to it? 

• bigal1968747
    344 Posts
    Mon, Oct 22 2018 4:21 AM

pmm711:
    Wolf Creek...looking forward to it WHENEVER it's ready.  I'd rather them NOT RUSH it out.  I hope they've learned a thing or two, done their due diligence, and its release is truly going to blow us away.

On the important point ...agreed !

RSS