Forums

Help › Forums

NYC Country Club v Beer_Babes_Golf match-play tournament

Sun, Aug 5 2018 9:03 PM (77 replies)
  • DTrumpdaman
    14 Posts
    Fri, Jul 27 2018 12:00 PM

Just had my match with Donchar. Very nice gentleman and was very pleased to meet him and play him in a match. My first 4 holes were in the rough, trees and bunker. Thought it was over but I ended up winning against a very good opponent 32-35. Thanks again to all the nice folks that got this tournament together.   DTrumpdaman aka Jim

• GtcMac
    214 Posts
    Sat, Jul 28 2018 2:27 AM

Jim,

thank you for kind words. The same sentiment has been echoed by all of our players. The tournament has been thus played with a spirit befitting this wonderful game. All opponents have behaved like gentlemen & have been a credit to your club.

Only one point separates the teams after round1, (6.5 v 5.5). I will liaise with Akash today when making random draw for second & final round. No two players will face same opponent as round 1.

Best of luck all.

Gabe (GtcMac)

• ampass
    260 Posts
    Sat, Jul 28 2018 6:17 AM

Hi son of anarchy we are paired up for second round. I’m on my way to Colorado for a week. If you see me invite me. Thanks 

• DTrumpdaman
    14 Posts
    Sat, Jul 28 2018 1:15 PM

Hello MIDDBREW. DTdaman looking forward to our match. I live on the east coast and tonight 7-28-18  at 9:00 PM EST I will be on until 12:00 AM . If you have a certain time I am very flexible and can hook up with you for our match at a time of your choosing. Starting tomorrow and rest of week I will be on each evening at 7:00 PM EST until 12:00AM. I will repeat this so you will know if by chance you see my online and send me an invite and I accept and it kicks us both out. Hang on and I will invite you right back. This happens right much to me. Take care will see you soon.               Jim 

• mike15334
    6 Posts
    Sat, Jul 28 2018 2:04 PM

hi GtcMac

mike15334 from bbg here letting you know that i saw that you and i are matched for round 2 of the ryder cup. i sent a friend request to you and although i know I'm way out matched I'm nervous but still looking forward to our match. forgive me if i don't respond well to our chat during the match but i type slow and i get nervous and lose track of my shot calculations and i struggle because I'm slow. I'm also bad to miss ding very bad on a few shots per match which happened to me in my last match. i also forgot once to change clubs and over shot the green the distance i already was to the other side. but at the same time when I'm hitting close to ding well i can be hard to beat. but i don't expect to beat you but i know it's possible. that being said let's have fun but don't look down on me if you tare me a new ground. if you accept my friend request and see me lit up I'll do my best to play.

thank you very much

mike diamond (mike15334)

• middbrew
    318 Posts
    Sun, Jul 29 2018 5:10 AM
    Hi DTrumpdaman,
    I see we are paired for the second round. My schedule is going to be pretty wide open this coming week. We can work around with you are available to play. Looking forward to the match.
    Brew

• middbrew
    318 Posts
    Sun, Jul 29 2018 11:46 AM

Hi Jim,

I missed your post when I was posting mine. I will look for you at that time. definitely looking forward to a fun match.

Brew

• GtcMac
    214 Posts
    Mon, Jul 30 2018 4:59 AM

Hello Mike,

thanks for sending friend invite - which I have accepted. My time zone is  BST (London, UK) and will be available generally from 11.00-19.30hrs every day this week from Tuesday. Please let me know which time zone you are in & normal times you expect to be online. If these times are inconvenient for you please let me know & we can arrange a suitable time. I will look out for you online & send an invite if I see you.

Please don't fret about our game - wgt is a great leveller & no game is ever a foregone conclusion. I always treat every opponent with the utmost respect & would never "look down" as you say. I am sure you are a very fine player & hope that we both bring our A game to the first tee. I too am capable of the odd howler during a game.....& have yet to meet a player who isn't! We'll both be a bit nervous playing - it's the normal nature of these team events. Let's just enjoy it & come what may it'll be fun.

I am happy to keep our chat during the match to a minimum. I fully understand that it can be counteractive to concentration, calculating shot distances etc. I'm not such a great typist myself & fully appreciate your request. We will just say "hello & good luck" at beginning of game - i won't take your silence during game as a sign of unfriendliness - and play the match. We will have an opportunity after game for a few minutes to communicate via chat tab.  

When we do play, if a Par 3 course comes up in random draw, we abort & redraw. Scoring is match-play rules, which I will keep track of so you needn't worry about keeping score if it's a distraction. I'll keep you updated throughout match - no need to reply/respond. Even if you have a big number on one hole the worst that can happen is you only lose that hole & move on to next - unlike stroke-play where the round could be potentially ruined.

looking forward to it,

best regard

Gabe (GtcMac)

• Kupakofe
    17 Posts
    Mon, Jul 30 2018 7:09 AM

Swngwiz round 2 me and you I’ll be on and off all week everyday I’ll be looking for you I saw you Saturday tried to invite you got no response I’m in California or let me know a good time for you 

• akash1592
    322 Posts
    Mon, Jul 30 2018 8:18 AM
    Hey all,

Looking forward to a fun round 2., it looks pretty close, we’ll try our best to give the champs of NYC a tough match.

Birdcat v/s Chips68 game. Birdcat’s availability is 7-11 pacific time nights. If you see him green in those times, feel free to invite ! Good luck

I’ll do my best to get post availibilities here in case our players unable to access forums.

Another good way of getting in touch is, if you see your opponent green, just invite them even if you can’t play at that time. And then use the in-game Chat to setup a future time.

Goodluck and have fun

~kash
RSS