Forums

Help › Forums

Oakmont petition

Tue, Dec 4 2018 6:04 PM (45 replies)
  • terryntx
    56 Posts
    Sat, Jul 28 2018 7:01 AM

thats what i find so amusing, people have 65 or 60 avg and when i see them play somewhere other than st andrews or the other easy courses they suck,,, so that avg means nothing..........

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Sat, Jul 28 2018 10:41 AM

Just my two cents, but in my book anyone who didn't like playing Oakmont just plain isn't that good a player. A challenging course and one that required course management skills. I'm happy to have the backdoor so I can still play it.

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Sat, Jul 28 2018 2:51 PM

I appreciate posts about Oakmont because I keep forgetting to play a round there once in awhile. A fun course that has challenges. Thanks for the reminder (This post was made after getting beaten up on the front 9 )

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Sat, Jul 28 2018 2:55 PM

K7JBQ:

A challenging course and one that required course management skills. I'm happy to have the backdoor so I can still play it.

I agree. Oakmont is a great course. I really cannot understand how anyone could dislike it. 

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sat, Jul 28 2018 3:44 PM

K7JBQ:

Just my two cents, but in my book anyone who didn't like playing Oakmont just plain isn't that good a player. A challenging course and one that required course management skills. I'm happy to have the backdoor so I can still play it.

Totally agree.

I like Chambers the most, and Oly and Merion close behind.

Oaky was great, yes i have the back door but im afraid i really miss it for club comps, its just not the same playing it without it being a comp.

• PhilEStein
    1,269 Posts
    Sun, Jul 29 2018 8:25 AM

terryntx:

thats what i find so amusing, people have 65 or 60 avg and when i see them play somewhere other than st andrews or the other easy courses they suck,,, so that avg means nothing..........

...and what would your average be pray tell?

• rdodge
    95 Posts
    Sun, Jul 29 2018 11:09 AM

balmerino:

you are appropiately named...didnt want to play a tough course so you cancelled out Mr Dodger ..hide behind your false avg. imao

sorry, i didn't know there was a wrong way to lower my average and rank up. i now know we must play to your standards to become real players. do you have a tutorial on which courses meet your aproval ?

• rdodge
    95 Posts
    Tue, Jul 31 2018 5:57 PM

that means nothing , i didn't say i was a good player , i didn't say i was better than anyone , i didn't say i have never played oakmont and i didn't say it was hard . all courses become easier after you play them enough and learn how to play them. i only play random stroke and the odd clash. if you believe you are better , nobody cares especially me , its your fantasy world and oakmont is still trash

• adaputter
    1,954 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2018 3:18 PM

rdodge:

that means nothing , i didn't say i was a good player , i didn't say i was better than anyone , i didn't say i have never played oakmont and i didn't say it was hard . all courses become easier after you play them enough and learn how to play them. i only play random stroke and the odd clash. if you believe you are better , nobody cares especially me , its your fantasy world and oakmont is still trash

thats your opinion

RSS