Forums

Help › Forums

WGT, the most polite sports video game ever?!

Mon, Nov 20 2023 2:22 PM (85 replies)
  • HamdenPro
    2,413 Posts
    Tue, Jan 25 2022 11:12 AM

WGTNico:
    I went through that one once before but looks like I still missed a couple

No worries, I will tag them, and you go bag them.

This may work out well - IMHO

• MioKontic
    4,591 Posts
    Tue, Jan 25 2022 11:32 AM

What about the post by Aldema on the previous page too, also has a link???

I am 100% certain that all these accounts (there are many of them that I've seen just over the past few weeks) are the same person, doing nothing more than 2 or 3 posts, and every one containing links.  The fact that they were able to do this can only be one of two reasons:

1)  the previous moderator(s) did a crap job (which I doubt), or

2) the person has somehow found a way to bypass the moderation.  And don't say it can't be done, it can easily be done by a hacker who knows what they are doing.  And yes, I'm saying this person is a hacker!

• WGTNico
    619 Posts
    Tue, Jan 25 2022 11:42 AM

The one by Aldema is actually just a link to an article regarding games like 7 ways to die regarding them wanting messaging in the game/app and isn't a spam/bot link like 99.9% of the others are.

I am relaying the part about people bypassing moderation to higher ups cause I have also noticed that people with few posts aren't moderated when they should be.

Unfortunately similar to discord and reddit there isn't a guaranteed way to remove all bot accounts outside of me finding them or you all reporting them to me there just seems to be some that slip through the cracks. 

I try to do my best to catch them, but sometimes they are missed and them being reported helps a lot!

• MioKontic
    4,591 Posts
    Tue, Jan 25 2022 11:50 AM

Thanks Nico.  The problem with links is that we don't know if they are legitimate links or whether they are viruses; you were brave clicking on it, I certainly wouldn't have!

There is also a post on page 2 of this thread by SimonKelly92 which contains a link.  Like I said, I am pretty sure all these accounts are the same person because they have NEVER hit a single golf shot on WGT (note they are all Level 1 Hacks), and you would never stay at level 1 if you've hit any shots at all!  They are all simply created to spam the forum.  They might well be bots like you said, it's not something I know much about.  But I still think it's someone who has hacked the system to bypass moderation.

• HamdenPro
    2,413 Posts
    Tue, Jan 25 2022 11:59 AM

MioKontic:
    There is also a post on page 2 of this thread by SimonKelly92 which contains a link.

Keep it up and we will have to get you your own Junior Moderator badge.  Just flash the badge at Dunkin Donut's for a free medium coffee and a donut....Percs are nice.

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Tue, Jan 25 2022 1:37 PM

MioKontic:
    Thanks Nico.  The problem with links is that we don't know if they are legitimate links or whether thet are viruses; you were brave clicking on it, I certainly wouldn't have!

Hey MioKontic, Just an FYI- On any link if you right click it and copy address, Open Duckduckgo.com and paste the address into the search bar. IF its something fishy you can see it in search results without needing to navigate to the page if this is something that concerns you.

MioKontic:
    But I still think it's someone who has hacked the system to bypass moderation.

• SamSpayed
    4,901 Posts
    Tue, Jan 25 2022 2:48 PM

WGTNico:
    I am relaying the part about people bypassing moderation to higher ups cause I have also noticed that people with few posts aren't moderated when they should be.

This is the way I think they are doing it:

1. Create a new WGT account (Level 1 Hack)
    2. Post something innocuous in a Forum thread 
    3. Wait until the innocuous post gets through "moderation" and becomes visible in the Forum
    4. Modify the innocuous post.  Add the spam links.

I've seen it happen.

Maybe the solution is to not allow any Forum posts until the player reaches a certain level, eg. Level 5.  That would at least ensure that the person is actually playing the game.

• pierolitfiba
    6,844 Posts
    Tue, Jan 25 2022 3:16 PM

SamSpayed:

WGTNico:
    Sto trasmettendo la parte sulle persone che aggirano la moderazione ai più alti perché ho anche notato che le persone con pochi post non sono moderate quando dovrebbero esserlo.

Questo è il modo in cui penso che lo stiano facendo:

1. Crea un nuovo account WGT (Level 1 Hack)
    2. Pubblica qualcosa di innocuo in un thread del forum
    3. Attendi fino a quando il post innocuo non passa attraverso la "moderazione" e diventa visibile nel Forum
    4. Modifica il post innocuo. Aggiungi i link spam.

L'ho visto accadere.

Forse la soluzione è quella di non consentire alcun post sul forum fino a quando il giocatore non raggiunge un certo livello, ad es. Livello 5. Ciò garantirebbe almeno che la persona stia effettivamente giocando.

Well said very good idea.

Infact he/she has Level 1

Aldema2's Profile - World Golf Tour (wgt.com)

Carlo

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Tue, Jan 25 2022 3:20 PM

SamSpayed:

WGTNico:

This is the way I think they are doing it:

1. Create a new WGT account (Level 1 Hack)
    2. Post something innocuous in a Forum thread 
    3. Wait until the innocuous post gets through "moderation" and becomes visible in the Forum
    4. Modify the innocuous post.  Add the spam links.

I've seen it happen.

Maybe the solution is to not allow any Forum posts until the player reaches a certain level, eg. Level 5.  That would at least ensure that the person is actually playing the game.

This is defiantly what I have seen as well-

Should be able to set a limit on edit abilities, either give 30 min to edit or remove edit ability all together. 

All the message boards and forums I have been around or ran, This is first time I've seen the ability to edit posts at will indefinitely and I cant think of any good reason to do it that way.

• MioKontic
    4,591 Posts
    Wed, Jan 26 2022 3:51 PM

HamdenPro:

MioKontic:
    There is also a post on page 2 of this thread by SimonKelly92 which contains a link.

Keep it up and we will have to get you your own Junior Moderator badge.

Not over Icon's dead body I won't!

RSS