Forums

Help › Forums

Erin Hills

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jul 12 2018 7:35 AM (4 replies)
  • kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Wed, Jul 11 2018 6:18 PM

Anyone notice that mis dings on Erin seem to be punished harsher than on other courses?  

I mean just miss the ding a hair and it's offline 5 yards seems to happen more here.  Maybe its just bad luck of the draw with VEM on those shots, but it seemingly happens a lot there.  So many shots last round where distance was bang on but that slight mis-ding and i'm putting from 15 feet.

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Thu, Jul 12 2018 2:57 AM

kavvz:

Anyone notice that mis dings on Erin seem to be punished harsher than on other courses?  

I mean just miss the ding a hair and it's offline 5 yards seems to happen more here.  Maybe its just bad luck of the draw with VEM on those shots, but it seemingly happens a lot there.  So many shots last round where distance was bang on but that slight mis-ding and i'm putting from 15 feet.

Not just on Erin hills. I’ve come across few holes on different courses that are either playing short or long than stated. Just when you thought you made a good shot, just to see it way off the flag. It’s a video game, and inconsistencies is part of it.

• carlosdev
    2,528 Posts
    Thu, Jul 12 2018 5:32 AM

kavvz:

You are right. Little miss ding is getting punished for worse. Especially I find it  for all Par3's and hole 9 on f9(green shot)

- Carl

• TheMedicineMan
    18 Posts
    Thu, Jul 12 2018 5:59 AM

SlickHunter:

It’s a video game, and inconsistencies is part of it.

It doesn't have to be.  That is what a tech support team and updates are supposed to be for.   I think it's safe to say at this point that WGT tech support are either on vacation right now or they just aren't your ordinary gaming tech support team...to say it nicely.

I've even seen opponents hit in the water on hole 1 of St. Andrews and get an obstruction ruling instead of water hazard.  Flagsticks missing since before I began this game.  20-30mph wind effect when only 3-5mph is shown.  Oh and I know everyone here has hit one of those rocks sitting in the middle of a green before.  Wacky stuff that is easily fixed if certain people weren't asleep at their desks.

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Thu, Jul 12 2018 7:35 AM

Personally, I don’t care how the shots end up, whether my mistake or game inaccurate stats. As long as I get to kill time, and little fun, all it matters. 

RSS