Forums

Help › Forums

St. Andrews

Sat, Jul 21 2018 6:09 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Brady415
    9 Posts
    Tue, Jul 10 2018 11:02 AM

No complaints, just wanted to "voice" I love that church bell on #18 at St. Andrews!

• craigswan
    30,834 Posts
    Tue, Jul 10 2018 12:37 PM

Established in the 12th century, Holy Trinity Church has 17 bells .

• gherkinhead1
    245 Posts
    Thu, Jul 19 2018 3:36 AM

Brady415:

No complaints, just wanted to "voice" I love that church bell on #18 at St. Andrews!

My Dad built that bell in the 12 century. He was known around St Andrews as the famous Bell Builder. 

• dchallenger
    545 Posts
    Thu, Jul 19 2018 10:53 AM

gherkinhead1:
    My Dad built that bell in the 12 century

Rrrreally?     In the twelth century??  ..your Dad???

Did you wife help?  y'know...Mmmorgan Fairchild??  Yeah, THAT'S her!  Whom I've seen naked......on many occasions!  Yeah, THAT's the ticket!

• Duckster789
    534 Posts
    Thu, Jul 19 2018 7:58 PM

He could be a descendant of Methuselah.

• craigswan
    30,834 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2018 12:24 AM

thumb image

• callaghan159
    6,214 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2018 4:27 AM

gherkinhead1:
    My Dad built that bell in the 12 century. He was known around St Andrews as the famous Bell Builder. 

That's some funny stuff right there

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2018 5:55 AM

A man with no arms walked in to apply for a job as the bell-ringer. He finds the proprietor and asks for a job.

The proprietor says, "Well, sir, I don't think we'll be able to hire you. You have no arms with which to ring the bell."

The man replies , "Sir, please. My father was a bell-ringer and my grandfather was a bell-ringer. I must ring the bells." The proprietor is skeptical, but gives the man the job.

On his first day on the job, the armless man walks up to the top of the tower to ring the bells. He winds, up and smashes his head into the bell. BONG, BONG, BONG. The bell starts swaying back and forth, harder and faster, and eventually swings back and knocks the man out of the tower to the cobblestone below.

A little old man was sitting on a bench below the tower when this happened. A passerby saw as well and asks the old man, "Did you know him?" The old man said, "No, but his face sure rings a bell."

Another man with no arms walks into the same bell tower and applies for a job as the bell-ringer. He speaks with the proprietor who was shocked to find another applicant for the job so soon.

The proprietor refused to give the job to the armless man. "No, the last bell-ringer didn't work out. I don't think you would be a good fit for the job."

The armless man protested, "That man was my brother. My father was a bell-ringer and my grandfather was a bell-ringer. I must be a bell ringer. It is my destiny to ring the bells."

Grudgingly, the proprietor accepted. "Alright, but be careful."

The armless man walks up to the top of the tower to ring the bells. He begins to ring the bell by smashing his head into it. BONG, BONG, BONG. The bell begins to build momentum, and eventually the bell swings back and knocks the man out of the tower to the cobblestone below! 

The same little old man was sitting on a bench below the tower, and a passerby walked by and saw the carnage. "Did you know him?" said the passerby. "No" said the old man, "but he's a dead ringer for his brother."

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2018 6:35 AM
    Sooooo Droll ! but funny. my nickle.
  • Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2018 6:37 AM

:-) 

• PAGES
RSS