Forums

Help › Forums

Question for the members

Sun, Jul 26 2020 9:49 AM (140 replies)
  • Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Sat, Aug 4 2018 5:01 PM

Wow, what a mouthful!  Anyone who has played for very long, knows that missing the ding, either early, or late, shortens distance. This is a given, from your driver through your putter! I'm definately not a nay-sayer, as I'll agree that the game has its problems, but,  I don't use anything but a handheld calculator,  and there are times I can shoot sub 30 scores.  (Not consistanatly)  I'm not sure why you're complaining, your scores show a lack of consistency , which shows that you haven't played serious enough, to get your average down. This is constructive criticism,  not a bashing!!!!!!  These players that shoot low scores, they may have as many as 3 times the rounds played, above what is registered on their scoring history, because they practice, alot!!! They have notes on every hole, for every course, and have mapped every club, which is something you should try, before you go and bash the players, and or the game. Go on utube, you can watch these guys play, they are for real, in an unrealistic game.  Good luck to you, but I might suggest that if you don't wish to do everything that it takes to improve, just play for fun!!!!!! 

• WWilliams46
    91 Posts
    Sat, Aug 4 2018 6:02 PM

I scanned several of the posts in this thread and saw this mentioned at least once so apologies if this point has already been debated but I mainly just wanted to express my opinion.  I personally use putter pal and shot pal as provided by WGT to my CC based on our level.  That is all I use.  Every thing else whether it be green speed, wind effect etc. is just simply my judgement.  I have no issue with players who want to use whatever aid in the way of wind calculators or speed charts for the greens etc. as it is still a matter of hitting the shot as planned.  Whether that be a ding or off ding, and I use both intentionally, it matters not to me. I feel all the other stuff would complicate the game I play for fun.  Remember FUN ?? We all can be competitive, that is just nature, and who doesn't want to play well and look good ?  But again, it's all about the fun for me and some pride in playing well with my "judgement".  Believe me, WGT wins a lot !!!

All that having been said I suppose I could stop using shot pal and putter pal and eventually I would get the hang of estimated percentages for power / distance which is what I use them for and be right back where I am, all be it after a good many poor rounds.

I AM IN IT FOR THE FUN, PLAYING WITH FRIENDS, AND HAVE BEEN LUCKY ENOUGH TO MEET SOME REALLY FINE FOLKS  AND NOW GOOD FRIENDS HERE SO I AM WAY AHEAD OF THE CURVE

Does any of the rest really matter......it's a game !!!

Wayne

• tomatoman63
    641 Posts
    Sun, Aug 5 2018 5:20 AM

still waiting mr.woodpecker :)

checked youtube and nothing but tumbleweed on there for a few weeks now :))

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Sun, Aug 5 2018 6:28 AM

@ tomatoman, Use whatever you want, I am not going to stream just to get under your skin, so you can stop replying to this thread. I am sorry if I hit a nerve, that got you so upset.

What actually got you upset, the question about using spreadsheets, rulers, protractors?

or the comment that Ujj was a great player without using all the aids?

or do you just have a personal grudge against me? 

• tomatoman63
    641 Posts
    Sun, Aug 5 2018 7:50 AM

Basically you...your a hypocrite using the aids you have then criticising others for having the same. Then the big speech about you giving them up to play by feel but you refuse to record ( not stream) to prove you do actually play without aids which was the very problem you use to have with Pete, you hounded him about not recording his great scores which he now does yet you now refuse to do the same WHY?

Thats my problem as you put it... your a hypocrite simple as that , show how you get those 54 scores and I’ll happily eat humble pie but we both know its not gonna happen and why 

Must admit I’m enjoying the verbal fisticuffs with ya woodpecker..great stuff 

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Sun, Aug 5 2018 8:23 AM

REALLY, you criticize me for 25 seconds a shot, and sorry I don't have a second computer, laptop, or iPad. 

I criticized no one, I asked a question to the community on their thoughts on using them, looks like nobody cares, so why should I.

But, when I do use them, and when I stream a game, I show my sheets in the open for all to see.

So the consensus is "  if you got um use um "  

OH, and if it takes a person 25 seconds a shot using an excel sheet, then there's something wrong.

This so everyone knows what I am referring to.

rubbish...those 25 second gaps are obviously you doing calculations on some gadget/spreadsheet, you said you play by feel ...no way
  • tomatoman63
    641 Posts
    Sun, Aug 5 2018 10:21 AM

Woodoworkery:
    So the consensus is "  if you got um use um "  

exactly  and nothing wrong with that

Woodoworkery:
    I criticized no one,

not exactly true ...

Woodoworkery:
    This so everyone knows what I am referring to.

but nobody cares what your referring to .....this is my whole point.

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Sun, Aug 5 2018 10:59 AM

Then why do you keep bothering me with questions, are you bored? You seem to care very very much. 

Who did I offend, who did I lie about, why are you so upset over this? You keep mentioning a score of 54 that is not going to hold up. 

You're just not making any sense.

• tomatoman63
    641 Posts
    Sun, Aug 5 2018 11:25 AM

Woodoworkery:

Then why do you keep bothering me with questions, are you bored? You seem to care very very much. 

Who did I offend, who did I lie about, why are you so upset over this? You keep mentioning a score of 54 that is not going to hold up. 

You're just not making any sense.

yep I’m bored with this nonsense gary

you made it personal by posting on my profile, all my replies were here on your thread i never posted any comments on your profile...so why make it personal ,then wonder why i get pssed at you  . we are never going to agree on this thread so why not just both go seperate ways and get on with playing our games ....im happy with this if you are.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sun, Aug 5 2018 11:28 AM

Woodoworkery:
    Then why do you keep bothering me

I would suggest simply ignoring any comments and move on. It is bad enough when a person posts on one's wall but then to drag out the same comments over and over in the Forums is madness.

I have learned from experience that when a player gets on a tangent like this, there is no end in sight.

For whatever the reason may be, this will not end as long as responses keep occuring.

Don

RSS