Forums

Help › Forums

slow play

Wed, May 20 2020 4:40 AM (59 replies)
  • Williams01210021
    1,231 Posts
    Sun, Jul 15 2018 2:23 AM

i would love wgt to do a shot clock event. These people that use rulers and all different wind calculators etc just ruin the game in my eyes. Hence why we get low ridiculous scores all the time. Taking 90 seconds to play a easy shot is ridiculous. Guess some people this game is life to them.....

Have fun and just play it, dont be a geek and have every single shot written down on your pc.

im with the getting rid of slow play party.

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Sun, Jul 15 2018 10:51 AM

When is it  realized that this is just a game? everyone plays differently, just like any other game. WGT set this game up the way they see it, you can’t fault or nag someone, just because they’re not playing your way. 

When someone purposely slow down the game because they’re losing, I pull out my other tablet, and multitask. When I reopen the game, they already forfeited..Cool! easy win..lol

I play other games where thousands of real dollar was and still being spent, I still couldn’t complain, just because others play it better than me, and they spend nothing..Don’t venture on any ground you cant handle. Purpose of a game is to relieve you from your busy life, last thing you need is giving you grief.

And that’s how I see it, just my personal opinion.

• Robert1893
    7,647 Posts
    Sun, Jul 15 2018 11:03 AM

Williams01210021:

i would love wgt to do a shot clock event. These people that use rulers and all different wind calculators etc just ruin the game in my eyes. Hence why we get low ridiculous scores all the time. Taking 90 seconds to play a easy shot is ridiculous. Guess some people this game is life to them.....

Have fun and just play it, dont be a geek and have every single shot written down on your pc.

Maybe that's how they enjoy the game. In other words, you tell people to have fun and just play it. Simply put: the way you enjoy the game very well may not be how they enjoy it. 

It doesn't mean it's "life to them." It's just a different approach. And one approach is not necessarily better or more "fun" than the other. 

By the way, there's nothing wrong with being a "geek." It it weren't for "geeks," it's unlikely we would have the game at all. :-) 

• amateur4sure
    2,187 Posts
    Sun, Jul 15 2018 4:09 PM

I`m a fairly fast player but certainly not the fastest out there but i always set up 90 sec timer with the maximum 7 time outs... Why you may ask...??

A sign of respect to my opponent for one but also to give us plenty of time to chat and have a laugh if that person is so inclined.

Would life be so boring if we were all akin to one another pfft... Boring..

Only advice I could offer you is Stop yer bloody whining and take the game as it is meant to be.............. FUN....

Try enjoying your company instead of disparaging them because they don`t fit your ideal of how this GAME should be played..

Oh one last thing............ Every now and then I take a lot of time with a testy shot/putt shame on me ...

If you are going to continue and play this game try Humility and Fun, Just saying!

• abbielb
    1,800 Posts
    Mon, Jul 16 2018 4:42 AM

i hate speed golf......30 secs just isnt enough time to work out a tough putt.......if i play real golf it takes more than 30 secs to read and hit a putt......yes this is a game people say......but so is real golf.......90 sec clock is fair.....just my opinion

• Rushore100
    29 Posts
    Mon, Jul 16 2018 7:14 AM

I honestly don't understand the need to take longer than, say, 45 seconds to play a shot.  I do understand the one-off disconnection or need to multitask, but frankly, if it takes you 90 seconds to play ANY shot, regardless of how tough, you're just overthinking it.  I realize I play faster than some, and I'm certainly not saying everyone needs to play nearly as fast as me, but at some point, it gets ridiculous.

• mrmp1
    521 Posts
    Mon, Jul 16 2018 10:08 AM

here here

• Robert1893
    7,647 Posts
    Mon, Jul 16 2018 10:37 AM

Rushore100:
    I realize I play faster than some, and I'm certainly not saying everyone needs to play nearly as fast as me, but at some point, it gets ridiculous.

Yes, it does.

But quite frankly, that point is not at the 50 or 90 second mark. 

• Romax
    1,876 Posts
    Mon, Jul 16 2018 1:29 PM

It can get a bit tedious, but once ya know it's going to take a minute or more for every shot, you can make a beer run or go for a pizz whenever ya want and never be late getting back.It's not like any of us who play here are THAT busy anyhoo, or we wouldn't even be logged in.!  I often have trouble getting reverse views and it sure can add a fair amount of time to the shot.

If fast play is an absolute must.....why not just play alone ?

• TopShelf2010
    10,876 Posts
    Mon, Jul 16 2018 1:48 PM

RSS